AlphaJGamma

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE43 Coupe
Country flag
So my TTS order (placed Oct ‘21) which had come forward from 21/10 to 30/09 estimate has now been pushed back to end Nov delivery. Not unexpected but still a kick in the feels.

Anyone else had an estimate come forward only to go back beyond the original?
Sponsored

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
So my TTS order (placed Oct ‘21) which had come forward from 21/10 to 30/09 estimate has now been pushed back to end Nov delivery. Not unexpected but still a kick in the feels.

FWIW....

When my order was accepted and my spec was locked - my build was estimated as end November/early Dec - with delivery end Dec '22 or early Jan '23

Then the build date in the system (as of 2 weeks ago) had come forward to end September...... Yea! ... But my OPC told me whilst hoping for an unlikely early delivery in late October was OK - not to hold my breath and to expect something more like the original end of December delivery as being realistic.

They are getting daily delay notices at the mo. It is not helping their (OPC) planning either - so they are just as frustrated.

cheers

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
My car is built but because of 12V battery shortage I have no idea when it will be delivered. Probably November but who knows for sure.
Considering I ordered in Jan I will still take it.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
My car is built but because of 12V battery shortage I have no idea when it will be delivered. Probably November but who knows for sure.
Considering I ordered in Jan I will still take it.
are you speculating that you’re affected by the 12v battery shortage or did you get an official status update stating that’s the problem ? Curious because I’m trying to figure out why my vehicle has no status and will sit until November for a boat (since July 21) :)

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
are you speculating that you’re affected by the 12v battery shortage or did you get an official status update stating that’s the problem ? Curious because I’m trying to figure out why my vehicle has no status and will sit until November for a boat (since July 21) :)
I got an Email confirmation that my car was built end of July and was supposed to be delivered by end of August.
However I got contacted by my dealer recently that the car will not be delivered because Porsche have a 12V battery shortage and they have no idea as of yet when this will be resolved.
It’s frustrating but everyone is in the same boat. Nothing can be done until the production of the batteries restart.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
I got an Email confirmation that my car was built end of July and was supposed to be delivered by end of August.
However I got contacted by my dealer recently that the car will not be delivered because Porsche have a 12V battery shortage and they have no idea as of yet when this will be resolved.
It’s frustrating but everyone is in the same boat. Nothing can be done until the production of the batteries restart.
yep same here - my original completion date was 7/1, actual 7/21. Was supposed to be here on 8/19. When TYD updated I didn’t get any official “it’s the 12v battery” or any other reason. TYD just shows waiting to be transported. My dealer says they don’t have any info on the backend and have sent me a screen shot of Porsche tracking. Just wondering if you have an actual official delay reason or if it’s speculation.

sounds like .. speculation ?

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
yep same here - my original completion date was 7/1, actual 7/21. Was supposed to be here on 8/19. When TYD updated I didn’t get any official “it’s the 12v battery” or any other reason. TYD just shows waiting to be transported. My dealer says they don’t have any info on the backend and have sent me a screen shot of Porsche tracking. Just wondering if you have an actual official delay reason or if it’s speculation.

No it’s rock solid information that’s it’s definitely due to a 12v battery shortage as I got an email from my dealership. I believe there was a fire at a battery factory supplier recently that has caused the delay.
My dealer is in the dark like many others because Porsche headquarters are not giving them any information when the production of the batteries will start. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I posted a few weeks ago about Porsche using TYD as the primary means of communication….its not good. They need to find a way to do better. Using TYD to announce a delay of a few days or even a couple of weeks is fine. Beyond that, they should be providing the dealer with order specific info at a minimum. We are all, including the dealers, playing a guessing game.

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

Received a similar status update, my car is in production but estimated delivery date (due to missing part - no mentioning what, they don't know at my dealership) is end of November now. I no longer believe it since it was originally May, then June, then July, then August, then September and now it's November. For the rest, I'll wait it out because there isn't much else I can do about it nor my dealership. My current car X5 45e needs to go this year still though so I do hope it arrives before 2023.

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

No speculation. My car was built on July 15. It's at the dealer missing the 12V battery. I have seen it "in person". Many other members reported the same experience. While US cars wait at Emden, it is not unusual for European cars being pushed (and even invoiced!) to the dealers without the battery.

Last edited:

Palyndrome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GTS
Country flag
Received a similar status update, my car is in production but estimated delivery date (due to missing part - no mentioning what, they don't know at my dealership) is end of November now. I no longer believe it since it was originally May, then June, then July, then August, then September and now it's November. For the rest, I'll wait it out because there isn't much else I can do about it nor my dealership. My current car X5 45e needs to go this year still though so I do hope it arrives before 2023.
Last update I received from my Belgian dealer was that the Bose amp was missing ... The car is build waiting for it at the factory.
It was early August and the estimate delivery date was pushed to mid-september.
(Like you it should have been delivered in May ... then June ... then ...).
I hope to get good news ... But I don't expect much.

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Last update I received from my Belgian dealer was that the Bose amp was missing ... The car is build waiting for it at the factory.
Might be same issue for me then, also optioned Bose
I no longer believe the expected delivery date. Seeing is believing by now :)

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
Hi Tom,

looks similar for me, June, then Jul, aug and now Jan 2023...Wait and see.
Will believe when I see the car ;)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I dropped the Bose option because the dealer’s spreadsheet informed it would add 6 weeks to the build. From going into production to being finished except for something, thought to be the 12V, took 3 ½ months anyway so I wish I hadn’t dropped anything.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I dropped the Bose option because the dealer’s spreadsheet informed it would add 6 weeks to the build. From going into production to being finished except for something, thought to be the 12V, took 3 ½ months anyway so I wish I hadn’t dropped anything.
You seem to have had the worst of luck with your Taycan spec. :(
Sponsored