First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
You seem to have had the worst of luck with your Taycan spec. :(
I am still pretty happy with the spec, I still think the CT 4S is the sweet spot for my requirements, like green with purple and the extra bump suspension travel will be better than a small glimmer more sportiness for normal use.

It is the delay which is the “bad luck” IMO, lots of people who ordered way later than me have been driving theirs around for ages.
If I had known I wouldn’t have bothered to order the car though I expect I will enjoy it when it comes.
Sponsored

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I dropped the Bose option because the dealer’s spreadsheet informed it would add 6 weeks to the build. From going into production to being finished except for something, thought to be the 12V, took 3 ½ months anyway so I wish I hadn’t dropped anything.
Yikes, your going with that base audio? I would of had to wait that 6 weeks haha

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
I ended up removing Matrix lights in December/Jan timeframe due to back order. Only to have it sit in Emden from April to August waiting on the Burmester. Not a peep on that delay, however. Kind of frustrating but also not HUGE bc US still hasn’t sorted out what’s allowed yet.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yikes, your going with that base audio? I would of had to wait that 6 weeks haha
I am a music lover and find a car such a poor environment for listening to music I mainly have the system off, or occasionally listen to news.

Years ago I tried getting good sound in a car and spent a fortune but the fundamental problem is the car itself, too high a background sound level for the dynamic music I like and speakers impossible to mount in acoustically optimum positions, so I am not that bothered, I have heard widely differing opinions on the standard system.

I will review it after I get my car.

348ts

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc glc250 Audi S1 saab93 Ferrari348ts 4S ct??
Country flag
Looks like the delays are coming thick amd fast. I ordered a Uk bound 4sCT 10/11/2021 with a delivery expectedt 30/11/22. I kept the spec simple to avoid component delays. I just got an email delayed until April 23. Close to walking away from this. Frustrating

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Looks like the delays are coming thick amd fast. I ordered a Uk bound 4sCT 10/11/2021 with a delivery expectedt 30/11/22. I kept the spec simple to avoid component delays. I just got an email delayed until April 23. Close to walking away from this. Frustrating
Wow, did you have an allocation/commission number? Mine is due in Reading on 25th November with Production complete on 4th November...

348ts

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, did you have an allocation/commission number? Mine is due in Reading on 25th November with Production complete on 4th November...
As it stands, all i have is my order no. And expected delivery date. I was hoping it would get locked down this month. Even the silverstone porsche experience was back in May. My dealership is Cambridge. My sales guy said it will fall back to q1, but even he was shocked. This slips into q2. Anyone else dropped this far back itll be 17months for a 4S ?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
As it stands, all i have is my order no. And expected delivery date. I was hoping it would get locked down this month. Even the silverstone porsche experience was back in May. My dealership is Cambridge. My sales guy said it will fall back to q1, but even he was shocked. This slips into q2. Anyone else dropped this far back itll be 17months for a 4S ?
Sounds like he hasn't got you an allocation yet! Once you get an allocation you will receive an automated email from Porsche which starts "Thank you for your order..... "
I was lucky I nearly ordered from Porsche Teeside as they only wanted a £3k deposit but they were evasive when I asked how many people were in their queue fir a 4S CT and I never got a straight answer. I ordered from PRG Reading which is fairly local to me, totally transparent showed me the detail of their orders 11 people on front of me and system saying Q4 23 but they were confident of beating that.
I paid deposit on 9th June this year and to my surprise got an allocation on 2nd July with estimated delivery to dealer on 25th November this year. PRG get 25% of all allocations so on average 2.5 cars to 1 others dealers get

348ts

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will be chatting tomorrow for more answers.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I will be chatting tomorrow for more answers.
I think that dealers' adoption of a standard process is haphazard.
I don't think you'd have got an invite for Silverstone if your order wasn't in the system.
I don't recall ever getting an email from Porsche confirming my order (I've had my car 3 months now).
I wasn't set up with order tracking on MyPorsche until my car completed production.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I don't think you'd have got an invite for Silverstone if your order wasn't in the system.
I don't recall ever getting an email from Porsche confirming my order (I've had my car 3 months now).
I wasn't set up with order tracking on MyPorsche until my car completed production.
My friend has got his invite to PEC but dealer hasn't got him an allocation yet, he ordered a month before me too. My PEC stage showed up in the app but I never received an invite I called dealer gotva reference number then called them and booked myself in. No appointments this year but they had a cancellation 2 days out so grabbed that and thoroughly enjoyed it.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Not good and I would get in touch with them and confirm your actual allocation date. It wasn’t until I had mine that things moved forward.

I ordered last December and received a call from my SA in June to say my allocation was confirmed. Soon after that I received the first stage confirmation in My Porsche as below:

Porsche Taycan Just had the bad news (delay) 30E8C750-BCB1-45BC-A01B-70B99C122D26

As others have mentioned, the app isn’t always the most reliable. However, mine appears to be working the way it was intended. Delivery is currently scheduled for 9 December but my SA has been very honest and reckons I won’t see it until January at the earliest.

Hope they give you some positive news about the allocation.

348ts

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My thoughts are same on the silverstone experience, I thought it was porsche uk that dealt with it so an order had to be in, being processed. There does seem to be inconsistency across the network. Even a colleague has only just got a delivery slot from porsche(portsmouth) for next month for a 911turboS(did the Silverstone same same in May. No tracking available either. I need to know where I sit on the list and whether I can wait anymore.

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
No speculation. My car was built on July 15. It's at the dealer missing the 12V battery. I have seen it "in person". Many other members reported the same experience. While US cars wait at Emden, it is not unusual for European cars being pushed (and even invoiced!) to the dealers without the battery.
Mines a similar date and UK dealer said Porsche wanting to put in (Golf buggy) batteries to deliver but will then want to invoice the dealer. I have no idea when I’m going to get my car and dealer is getting zero info from Porsche. I did get a letter from Porsche UK giving VIM No. and saying an update listing what they are, little good to me if I don’t have the car
No speculation. My car was built on July 15. It's at the dealer missing the 12V battery. I have seen it "in person". Many other members reported the same experience. While US cars wait at Emden, it is not unusual for European cars being pushed (and even invoiced!) to the dealers without the battery.
Mines a similar build date, told the 12th, then the battery issue hit. NI dealer said Porsche wanting to put in (Golf buggy) batteries to deliver but will then want to invoice the dealers. I have no idea when I’m going to get my car and dealer is getting zero info from Porsche. I did get a letter from Porsche UK mid-August giving VIM No. and saying there’s a software update listing what they are, little good to me if I don’t have the car. Car ordered 08/21 for Feb 22 delivery 🤥

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My friend has got his invite to PEC but dealer hasn't got him an allocation yet, he ordered a month before me too. My PEC stage showed up in the app but I never received an invite I called dealer gotva reference number then called them and booked myself in. No appointments this year but they had a cancellation 2 days out so grabbed that and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pretty well my experience too.
My dealer assured me I had had an invite but I am sure I hadn't so ended up getting the order number and booking a cancellation myself.

When I discussed buying a car (in July '21) at the dealer they told me their next allocation was October (2021). I had considered using the Formula 1 VIP ordering system but that seemed OK to me so I ordered from the dealer that gave me a test drive. The car ended up going into production in April with "delay reducing" change in options, was finished on 31 July but still no delivery date.

I certainly wish I hadn't placed an order and if I had known what I know now I definitely would not have done.
Sponsored