Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Taycan cross Tourismo
Country flag
Hi guys,
I’m new here, so please don’t get mad if I’m in the wrong area 🙈
First hello all… Can’t wait to share and read stories from everyone…
I decided to try an EV and go with a Porsche , for me it seems one of the best EVs on the road (my opinion)
I’ve just ordered my new Taycan delivery 2023,
I have a question what’s everyone opinion on the colour options?
I keep changing my mind when I see a taycan drive past me and I’m like.. “I want that colour” haha.
Here is my spec, I’ve got few weeks my SA said if I want to change my mind..
http://www.porschecode.com/PPQI9NS3

thanks 😊
Sponsored

Last edited:

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Welcome and congrats ;)

Color is nice (and easier to maintain than black :CWL: )

About spec, as you are in Europe as me, if you are used to drive in tight places (parking lots, european streets ...) I would suggest to think about speccing Rear Wheels Steering. The Taycan is quite huge (specially wide) and having RWS helps a lot in such scenario.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
DaleH

DaleH

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Taycan cross Tourismo
Country flag
Hey Valen,
Thanks for the reply,
I’ll consider this, yes your right about wide car 😅 I’m used to driving big cars, I noticed you from France, we’ve just got back from road trip few days ago, we love Paris… but driving there is a pain 😂
Was doing the research with charging points, as need to make sure when we use the Taycan we have it covered in Europe.
:)

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I think the colour thing is normal, my car will hopefully be next year, I’ve switched between Carmine, Olive, Carmine, Mamba Green, Carmine, Gulf Orange and currently sitting at (drum roll) Carmine. Honestly every colour looks great and whenever I see one In the flesh that's the best one.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hi guys,
I decided to try an EV and go with a porche, for me it seems one of the best EVs on the road (my opinion)
I keep changing my mind when I see a taycan drive past me and I’m like.. “I want that colour” haha.

thanks 😊
Colour is very personal, but so are most options, one person's essential item is another person's wouldn't buy the car.
I, for example don't like the modern fashion for privacy glass and would never buy a car with it - which rules out and amazing number of cars I otherwise like!

I do think rear axle steering is great, I tried it on one car and it seemed much more manouverable.
You have a lot of options I, personally would not choose over rear axle steering.

I really like your interior, more "executive jet" than current car fashion.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Hey Valen,
Thanks for the reply,
I’ll consider this, yes your right about wide car 😅 I’m used to driving big cars, I noticed you from France, we’ve just got back from road trip few days ago, we love Paris… but driving there is a pain 😂
Was doing the research with charging points, as need to make sure when we use the Taycan we have it covered in Europe.
:)
I'm used to big cars too (Cayenne, X5 , 911 which is short but wide) and i didn't bother speccing it at first, then i test drove a RWS one... To give you an idea it feels really smaller than my Model 3 performance so on a daily basis it's a must have.

Another thing to consider is to spec adaptative cruise control. It's nice when you are making a roadtrip and speccing it will grant your car the necessary sensors to be able to spec Innodrive later (or not but at least on a resale point of view your car will be able to do so)

In case money is an issue passager display isn't that great. I wanted it so bad and it look nice but to be honest, it's absolutely pointless and i think my GF used it twice.
Would i spec it again? yes because i like the look but if i had choices to make i would spent my money elsewhere.

About Paris, i spent 90% of my time on a motorbike :cool:

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Welcome & congrats.
I’m with guys who recommended RAS/RWS and I’d also add PDCC. It;s amazing how it works in corners and i’ll always keep it in my future cars.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That's because you don't have an ugly infant seat on the back to hide :CWL:
I do and I don't see why I should hide it :)
They completely ruin the side profile look of a nicely styled car IMO, and make a SUV look like a drug dealer car. :)

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
, 718 Spyder, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I'm used to big cars too (Cayenne, X5 , 911 which is short but wide) and i didn't bother speccing it at first, then i test drove a RWS one... To give you an idea it feels really smaller than my Model 3 performance so on a daily basis it's a must have.

Another thing to consider is to spec adaptative cruise control. It's nice when you are making a roadtrip and speccing it will grant your car the necessary sensors to be able to spec Innodrive later (or not but at least on a resale point of view your car will be able to do so)

In case money is an issue passager display isn't that great. I wanted it so bad and it look nice but to be honest, it's absolutely pointless and i think my GF used it twice.
Would i spec it again? yes because i like the look but if i had choices to make i would spent my money elsewhere.

About Paris, i spent 90% of my time on a motorbike :cool:
An electric motorbike??

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi guys,
I decided to try an EV and go with a porche, for me it seems one of the best EVs on the road (my opinion)

thanks 😊
Silver is a safe colour and I think suits the car well.

Things I'd question the value of:

1. HUD - spoils the view and repeats much of the information directly in front of you.

2. Sports Chrono - 'expected' option on more expensive models but not really needed. If you stick with it then perhaps replace the clock with a compass.

3. Beige / black - personal choice again but I don't think suits the colour combination.

Consider:

1. Rear Axle Steering - useful at low speed parking manoeuvring

2. Bose

3. Racetex B-Pillars

4. 14 way comfort seats.

5. Black brushed aluminium door tread inserts (free).

6. Comfort opening

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Hi guys,

thanks 😊
Personally love the Ice Grey. I configured several different colors and while I think most of them are great on the Taycan I was looking for a lighter color so that the black accents and wheels pop better. There are many threads on this forum about color. Some, including Ice Grey, have their own thread. If you’d like to explore those they have lots of pictures and comments that may help or hurt your decision lol.
I personally would go with a darker interior but that’s just my opinion. I like the HUD and passenger display because I’ve had it, the HUD, in other cars and I’m a bit of a tech geek. Same goes for the powered charging door.
I think the RWS is a great option but as to the other driving options I defer to those that actually own one with real world experience.
There are loads of owners on here that comment that these are all personal choices and it’s hard to go wrong. I tend to agree as it seems most people are buying the Taycan for an incredible driving experience and the options mostly enhance the experience one way of another.
So I’d suggest pick the options that you’d like to have and that are within your budget and enjoy the car!!! That’s what counts 😉

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Silver is a safe colour and I think suits the car well.

Things I'd question the value of:

1. HUD - spoils the view and repeats much of the information directly in front of you.

2. Sports Chrono - 'expected' option on more expensive models but not really needed. If you stick with it then perhaps replace the clock with a compass.

3. Beige / black - personal choice again but I don't think suits the colour combination.

Consider:

1. Rear Axle Steering - useful at low speed parking manoeuvring

2. Bose

3. Racetex B-Pillars

4. 14 way comfort seats.

5. Black brushed aluminium door tread inserts (free).

6. Comfort opening

My suggestion list is completely opposite to this 😂.

Just shows everyone has their own reasons for all the options.
Good luck!
Sponsored