Just ordered a Turbo. Help and opinions please!

Mancunian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4 e-Hybrid
Country flag
I bought my first Porsche (and first foray into EV's, albeit only a hybrid) last year, a Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. It's a great car, love it. It was bought off the lot so not to my exact spec.

My intention was to keep this car for a year or 2 and then order a Turbo S E-Hybrid to my spec. In the meantime I test drove a Taycan and was blown away.

So, I have taken the plunge and I'm on the waiting list for a Taycan Turbo -

I have a few months to play with the spec prior to locking in the order, with a delivery expected in Sepember/October.

My view is that the Turbo is the sweet spot for performance, but the Turbo S is not worth the extra cash simply for the extra power on launch control. Launch control on the Turbo is already insane!

The Panamera is jet black and black interior, and I definitely want a change from this. I do like the Cherry, but not 100% on this yet.

I've not seen the Olea leather in person, is this worth the upgrade?

I'm committed to the Burmester stereo, it's fantastic in my Panamera.

Really not sure about things like the extra screen, Inno Drive, HUD etc. Opinions?

Also, how good is the massage feature? I like the idea of it, and the other half certainly likes the idea of it!
Sponsored

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Get the Inno Drive or at least ACC if you do any long distance driving. Makes life so much easier. Set it and forget it.

OP
OP

Mancunian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4 e-Hybrid
Country flag
Get the Inno Drive or at least ACC if you do any long distance driving. Makes life so much easier. Set it and forget it.
Yep, I have specced the ACC and plan on trying Inno Drive as a free trial after getting the car.

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
I bought my first Porsche (and first foray into EV's, albeit only a hybrid) last year, a Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. It's a great car, love it. It was bought off the lot so not to my exact spec.

My intention was to keep this car for a year or 2 and then order a Turbo S E-Hybrid to my spec. In the meantime I test drove a Taycan and was blown away.

So, I have taken the plunge and I'm on the waiting list for a Taycan Turbo -

I have a few months to play with the spec prior to locking in the order, with a delivery expected in Sepember/October.

My view is that the Turbo is the sweet spot for performance, but the Turbo S is not worth the extra cash simply for the extra power on launch control. Launch control on the Turbo is already insane!

The Panamera is jet black and black interior, and I definitely want a change from this. I do like the Cherry, but not 100% on this yet.

I've not seen the Olea leather in person, is this worth the upgrade?

I'm committed to the Burmester stereo, it's fantastic in my Panamera.

Really not sure about things like the extra screen, Inno Drive, HUD etc. Opinions?

Also, how good is the massage feature? I like the idea of it, and the other half certainly likes the idea of it!
I have an early Turbo S and it's been faultless and hugely satisfying. For sure you don't need the "S", but for me it was a way of driving the best things Porsche makes. The other car in our garage is a 911 Turbo S, so we were already committed to that level of equipment and performance. I would never use Innodrive. This is after all a 4 seat sports car and having it drive itself is not interesting to me. When my wife and I go places the passenger screen really comes in handy. Sometimes I'm the passenger. I like having it and I love the way it enriches the look of the cabin. Massaging seats sound like something out of a Sharper Image catalogue, but if they feel good, get them. Get all the handling options. They make the car more fun to drive.

Mine is made to look like the original Mission E. I couldn't resist.

Porsche Taycan Just ordered a Turbo. Help and opinions please! Taycan 3 copy

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Great spec

I would suggest the getting the exterior mirrors with the gloss black mirror bas e as you have gone for the gloss black sport design package and the door sill guards in black aluminium a free option!
Sponsored