Just ordered Taycan Turbo in the Uk, spec locked next week....advice

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hey everyone,

great to see a thriving online Taycan community. Just ordered my first EV and coming out of a stolen SVR. I’m based in London and just ordered a Taycan Turbo from the Mayfair dealer and it gets spec locked . I have specced the car with about 20k worth of options. Just wondered if there is anything that I should definitely get and/or avoid.

have a few questions

about the Innodrive, does it work in stop/start traffic with gentle steering inputs?

does the panoramic roof have an electric sunshade, if not is it tinted enough?

how useful is the rear wheel steering in terms of parking?

Any advice on having ev point fitted in parking space in private underground car park in residential building

is passenger display worth getting for the feel of the interior?

Does any have any real world pics of the blackberry interior? Also any of the neodyme accent package.

thank you all in advance.
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Hey everyone,

great to see a thriving online Taycan community. Just ordered my first EV and coming out of a stolen SVR. I’m based in London and just ordered a Taycan Turbo from the Mayfair dealer and it gets spec locked . I have specced the car with about 20k worth of options. Just wondered if there is anything that I should definitely get and/or avoid.

have a few questions

about the Innodrive, does it work in stop/start traffic with gentle steering inputs?

Any advice on having ev point fitted in parking space in private underground car park in residential building

Does any have any real world pics of the blackberry interior? Also any of the neodyme accent package.

Hi Pal

I'll help where I can as I have/had a Turbo myself I won't comment on the items I'm not sure about

- Innodrive is very good but you need to hold the steering wheel or it starts alarming! (Don't have this issue in the Bentley Continental which has the same tech)

- panoramic roof has no blind and you don't need it as the tinting works very very well

- RWS is awesome I really notice the difference when I get in the Bentley without it!

- passenger screen is a bit gimicky at the moment, you can't control Apple Car Play with it for example so the passages can't use the map or change music, I assume this is for security so the passenger can't read text messages

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey everyone,

have a few questions

1) I love Innodrive, have it on two Porsche cars.

2) Roof is fine even in sunny weather without sun shade

3) Rear wheel steering is nice. I don't park parallel but imagine it cant hurt.

4) Just make sure you have a 240V 50amp set up.

5) I don't have passenger display and don't think it would be necessary

7) Can't comment on this, I have black with the standard accents.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Hey everyone,

have a few questions

Innodrive in start-stop traffic is brilliant. It follows the car in front rather than following the white lines (I think). The key thing with innodrive is to turn off the setting to change speed based on traffic signs, but after that it's all good. It has a capacitative steering wheel so you don't need to be resisting it turning, just holding it.

I don't have the pano roof and don't miss it. The car looks better from the outside with the metal roof.

Rear wheel steering is probably a must have for parking. The car is actually pretty big and I appreciate the manoeuvrability.

The general consensus is the passenger screen is not worth it.

I haven't seen it either, but would absolutely not get the purple interior... but hey it's your car, go wild. Something I wish I had known is that you can spec different colour seat centres. I got black leather in the end, at least partly because I was worried about staining the leather. If I'd known I think I'd have got red or the light grey (chalk?) interior with black centres.

Stuff you may not have seen: the storage package makes the space under the climate screen useful for keeping things (but also puts a stupid tray in the middle floor between back seats).
Black metal door kick plates are a no cost option. When I bought mine you only got the 40:20:40 split rear seat with the 4+1 seat option.

The ambient light and electric sound are both pointless but worth getting. Matrix lights are excellent. Try out the different seat types if you can because they fit differently.

I think that's it!

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Innodrive in start-stop traffic is brilliant. It follows the car in front rather than following the white lines (I think). The key thing with innodrive is to turn off the setting to change speed based on traffic signs, but after that it's all good. It has a capacitative steering wheel so you don't need to be resisting it turning, just holding it.

I don't have the pano roof and don't miss it. The car looks better from the outside with the metal roof.

Rear wheel steering is probably a must have for parking. The car is actually pretty big and I appreciate the manoeuvrability.

The general consensus is the passenger screen is not worth it.

I haven't seen it either, but would absolutely not get the purple interior... but hey it's your car, go wild. Something I wish I had known is that you can spec different colour seat centres. I got black leather in the end, at least partly because I was worried about staining the leather. If I'd known I think I'd have got red or the light grey (chalk?) interior with black centres.

Stuff you may not have seen: the storage package makes the space under the climate screen useful for keeping things (but also puts a stupid tray in the middle floor between back seats).
Black metal door kick plates are a no cost option. When I bought mine you only got the 40:20:40 split rear seat with the 4+1 seat option.

The ambient light and electric sound are both pointless but worth getting. Matrix lights are excellent. Try out the different seat types if you can because they fit differently.

I think that's it!
think my old post was some how revived. i ended up taking all those options including the purple interior. Its not as bright as in the pics.

passenger display is pure vanity but glad i got it
Sponsored