JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello All,
New to Porsche and ordered the 4S in May
Metallic Block, 21" Mission E wheels, extended leather (black), etc...went for it! Got PPF when it is delivered from the dealer.
Dealer saying he can't give me any dates on production, etc....

Is this normal? When, based on experience in this forum, should I expect some dates? Just trying to figure out if I am being told a story and when I should start to push them a little more. Was told delivery should be early September when I ordered.

Thanks for your help!

J.
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Once your order is aceepted at the factory your dealer should be able to get you a print out like this:
Porsche Taycan Just ordered.... 7_6_20 Status

OP
OP

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you.

Sorry, one last question, if I ordered in May, I assume the factory should have accepted the order by now? Thanks!

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Depends what your dealer meant when he took your order. Until you get allocation, you aren't in the system. Once you get a commission number, that means you really have ordered.

You'll want to familiarize yourself with V codes to understand the stages. Your order is accepted when you get the commission number, and go V200. You can change things (or even back out, usually) until you hit V250. Then you are in for the ride. :p

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
Thank you.

Sorry, one last question, if I ordered in May, I assume the factory should have accepted the order by now? Thanks!
Not yet. Your dealer must have a slot at the factory. For example. I gave money in Feb 2018. I signed my contract with my dealer on September 2019. My dealer had a slot just in March 2020. But because of coronavirus factory is supposed start my car tomorrow. ´´´I hope´´

OP
OP

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you All - very helpful.
Yes, our dealer had a slot at the factory, in fact two (business partner and myself each ordered one - exact same spec but different colours).
Yes - been reading about the V codes.
Snowbird - good luck on the car starting production! that is exciting!
appreciate the feedback

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you All - very helpful.
Yes, our dealer had a slot at the factory, in fact two (business partner and myself each ordered one - exact same spec but different colours).
Yes - been reading about the V codes.
Snowbird - good luck on the car starting production! that is exciting!
appreciate the feedback
If you ordered in May and they don't have a production date for you, they didn't actually have an allocation. Actual allocations already have a lock & production date (estimates, of course) built in.

For example.. when I ordered my car in early February it was an allocation for a March build with late April/early May delivery. That information is attached to the allocation and available at all times to anyone with access to the Porsche system.

In short, the dealership is jerking you around one way or another. Either they didn't have an allocation & they're waiting for one or you have an allocation & they don't want to share the info with you.

OP
OP

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you ordered in May and they don't have a production date for you, they didn't actually have an allocation. Actual allocations already have a lock & production date (estimates, of course) built in.

For example.. when I ordered my car in early February it was an allocation for a March build with late April/early May delivery. That information is attached to the allocation and available at all times to anyone with access to the Porsche system.
I am going to go back to the dealer and ask that - thank you!. He told me that that they have an allocation from August but Porsche has delayed confirmations until back log cleared. I called another dealer and he said the same. He has a slot available (he only told me that once I gave him the name of a friend that has bout 7 cars from him and referred me) initially for October but said he can't confirm as Porsche has delayed it.

But like you, I find some of it hard to believe! I'll try and report back in case it helps anyone else out who is considering ordering.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The dates listed are always estimates. I'm guessing they don't want to tell you the listed dates because they probably will be delayed.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If your dealer has allocation, you'll have a V200 and V250 date. Those dates may change, but they have a current value. Your dealer knows what your V260 date is once the order goes in.

Some dealers don't want to share info for fear of it changing, but you should be able to explain that you understand dates change, but you want to see the screenshot above. If they can't give you that info, then you don't have allocation, and you should let them know you are verifying you have allocation.

Dealers also don't want customers going to other dealers that do have allocation when they don't. :)

OP
OP

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If your dealer has allocation, you'll have a V200 and V250 date. Those dates may change, but they have a current value. Your dealer knows what your V260 date is once the order goes in.

Some dealers don't want to share info for fear of it changing, but you should be able to explain that you understand dates change, but you want to see the screenshot above. If they can't give you that info, then you don't have allocation, and you should let them know you are verifying you have allocation.

Dealers also don't want customers going to other dealers that do have allocation when they don't. :)
OK so figured it all out. My dealer has an allocation and I will be receiving both cars in late August or September. I will be getting my V260 date this week they believe. They have the V200 to me tomorrow.

For anyone ordering in the UK, am told its a 12 to 14 months wait for new cars. There are a few dealers that have slots for their own cars and are willing to provide to customers but am told they are holding these for "preferred" clients which I can kind of understand (I'm not a preferred client). Some leasing companies have placed speculative orders so you also go that route I am told (by our leasing company).

Thanks for everyones help and guidance - much appreciated.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Once they have the V200, they should have all the dates (estimates). It's very easy for them to send you the screen above. My sales rep would just take a picture of it on his phone and text it to me.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
OK so figured it all out. My dealer has an allocation and I will be receiving both cars in late August or September. I will be getting my V260 date this week they believe. They have the V200 to me tomorrow.

For anyone ordering in the UK, am told its a 12 to 14 months wait for new cars. There are a few dealers that have slots for their own cars and are willing to provide to customers but am told they are holding these for "preferred" clients which I can kind of understand (I'm not a preferred client). Some leasing companies have placed speculative orders so you also go that route I am told (by our leasing company).

Thanks for everyones help and guidance - much appreciated.
porsche are telling me 6 month lead time for delivery?

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just paid my $2500 for a slot at my local dealer in Minnesota, USA. The slot is for a 2021 that will go into production in December and arrive here in February (most likely). It sounds like the dealer wants 10 to 15% down when it goes into production. Though there was some confusing talk over the phone about getting the down payment sooner. What did others do?
In my case I would like to be able to change to a Sport Turismo if it is announced before December and I like the way it looks.
Sponsored