Just placed my order!

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A big thanks to folks on here, both for the direct answers to some of my questions over the past few weeks and for the general level of knowledgeable, constructive and civil discourse on the site. It's been incredibly helpful and quite a refreshing departure from the bickering, complaining and general drivel that tends to fill most other car forums.

I have a couple of weeks before it freezes, but here's the build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM7I3JD1

Thanks again.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
It's been incredibly helpful and quite a refreshing departure from the bickering, complaining and general drivel that tends to fill most other car forums.
no it's not! you pompous future Porsche owner that is oppressing the masses with your trivial concerns about options and color - mostly you're wrong and really should reconsider your membership in humanity given your build…OMG you think that's going to be a good car?

there - feel more at home? :p

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thoughts on your build - nice!!
  • black calipers? you've blacked out everything else
  • thermal glass makes the car even more quiet - it's stunning for isolation from the outside world
  • adaptive cruise control is great for stop & go traffic and worry free highway driving
  • massage seats are surprise favorite with my wife - but it requires the 14 way seats (you've spec'd 18 ways)
  • red interior? red seatbelts?
  • 400V/150 kW DC charging - several threads discussing this - no clear answer - cheap insurance
  • interior accents dark silver to go with the dark aluminum door sills
  • $0 option for the 25ft cable for the charger that comes with the vehicle.
what is your home charging plan?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
congrats you're going to love the car - it's really quite nice.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
  • thermal glass makes the car even more quiet - it's stunning for isolation from the outside world
  • adaptive cruise control is great for stop & go traffic and worry free highway driving
  • massage seats are surprise favorite with my wife - but it requires the 14 way seats (you've spec'd 18 ways)
  • 400V/150 kW DC charging - several threads discussing this - no clear answer - cheap insurance
On the configurator, if you do not select the Mobile Charger Connect option and try to add the 25 ft cable, the configurator adds the Mobile Charger Connect upgrade. Anyone know if the standard Mobile Charger can be configured with the 25ft cable?

OP
OP
Kryptos

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@daveo4EV thanks so much!

• will think about black calipers though I don't mind the red picking up the interior. Are they an option w/o PSCB?
  • I went back forth on the thermal glass as I love the idea, but worried about radar detector functionality and don't necessarily want to get into an external setup.
  • Will also look into other suggestions. As jkjjpc said, I'm not able to select the 25ft cable w/o selecting Mobile Charger Connect
Thanks again for the comments.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congratulations! That’s a sweet configuration.

I do though have a couple of suggestions. First, under the E-Mobility section I would absolutely recommend the 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger (KB4), the On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger (KM2), the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (QW5) and the Mobile Charger Connect (NW2). All those items are essential and reasonably priced options that will go a long way to make your charging experience much more efficient.

For my configuration, which delivers now in May (grrrrr), I also got the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass (VW5) and the Head-Up Display (KS1) which takes me back to my F-18 days. I also got the Night Vision assist as a late add-on after researching it a bit.

Good luck!

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Add Power Charge Port Cover ($640). Novelty item, but one of those cool differentiators. Also, just unplug charger, walk away and charging cover closes automatically.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
no it's not! you pompous future Porsche owner that is oppressing the masses with your trivial concerns about options and color - mostly you're wrong and really should reconsider your membership in humanity given your build…OMG you think that's going to be a good car?

there - feel more at home? :p
@daveo4EV, you didn't even mention Elon once. You're doing it wrong.

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Looks good, Chalk was in the running for me as well. Only thing I would add is the sport side skirts

OP
OP
Kryptos

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congratulations! That’s a sweet configuration.

I do though have a couple of suggestions. First, under the E-Mobility section I would absolutely recommend the 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger (KB4), the On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger (KM2), the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (QW5) and the Mobile Charger Connect (NW2). All those items are essential and reasonably priced options that will go a long way to make your charging experience much more efficient.

For my configuration, which delivers now in May (grrrrr), I also got the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass (VW5) and the Head-Up Display (KS1) which takes me back to my F-18 days. I also got the Night Vision assist as a late add-on after researching it a bit.

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! Question on the E-Mobility options you recommend: this will be a daily commuter and most long trips with the family will be in my wife's SUV. So 95% of charging will likely be at home, overnight. Would you still see any of those as essential? I was under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that they mostly benefitted public station charges.

Looks good, Chalk was in the running for me as well. Only thing I would add is the sport side skirts
Thanks. Have been back and forth on the side skirts. That's one I may still add.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
19.2 kW is a hard thing to ‘benefit’ from in the US - very very unlikely to find very many (but some) of those in the wild - and home install requires a 100 amp dedicated circuit and an appropriate 19.2 kW charger - EVSE

there are existing threads that discuss this topic at length.

if possible a great choice is a high quality 60 amp EVSE (60 amp breaker, 48 amp charge rate) like the ClipperCreek HCS-60 - the included/standard AC/DC converter in the Taycan can support 48 amp charge rate (11 kW) which is actually higher than Porsche’s stated 9.6 kW limit - and is actually quite a bump in charging speed over the default NEMA 14-50 9.6 kW charger recommended by Porsche - it’s also cheaper than the 9.6 kW Porsche PCC or PMCC…

19.2 kW charge rate requires 3 things all of which are pricey:
  1. the porsche option for the Taycan
  2. a 100 amp dedicated circuit installed to your garage or charging location
  3. a 100 amp EVSE (80 amp charging rate) like the ClipperCreek HCS-100 or the upcoming 19.2 kW Porsche PMCC - *
* - and that’s assuming your home can handle a dedicated 100 amp circuit in addition to it’s current loads - if you have to upgrade your main panel or service from your utility provider the 100 amp circuit becomes quite a bit more pricey.

however _IF_ you do go this route - charge times are wicked fast - and a full 10% to 85% charging session should take less than 5 hours - possibility right around 4 hours - and normaly daily driving loads of 80 miles or less would be typically less than an hour - so there is no doubt as to it speed and it’s a sweet luxury to have that sort of home EV charging infrastructure and ideal for future multi-EV households where one might want to charge more than one EV at the same time.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Add Power Charge Port Cover ($640). Novelty item, but one of those cool differentiators. Also, just unplug charger, walk away and charging cover closes automatically.
...when they work. Mine failed the other day and I can only have used the door <50 times. I also read on this forum that the standard charge port door can stick shut too. Really??
Sponsored