HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I think you did incredibly well. A fast decision, and a very good one!
Sponsored

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Quite similar spec to a Turbo spec I completed today for build late Jan ... the turbo will replace my 4S I took delivery of back in July ... fab car and I like to PY21 model inc better range of colours ... enjoy your Turbo ... when will you take delivery?

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the spec of the order I took today..

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 20.05.23.png
I’m a bit puzzled by the Basic car price listed for the Taycan Turbo at £96,550 .... anyone else notice this?

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Honestly, I’m probably more surprised than anyone else, it was literally a phone call out of the blue this morning and this afternoon I’d purchased it..
We had a Panamera GTS and thought it was the best "big car" we'd ever driven. Now we have a Taycan Turbo S and its mate in the garage is a 911 Turbo S. It's hard to believe but I'd rather drive the Taycan. It's a gymnast in a rhino's body. It's actually a touch faster than the 911, and it does everything...cruises softly and silently, explodes from a start like a rocket, corners like a car half its weight and 3 feet shorter, and we know it looks fresh and futuristic.

This is clearly the best automobile I've ever owned and we've had a range of BMW's Mercedes, Jaguar "R" models and 10 Porsches. I'm a part owner of a current Ford GT and the Taycan is more satisfying to drive.

Good luck. You're in for the ride of your life.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m a bit puzzled by the Basic car price listed for the Taycan Turbo at £96,550 .... anyone else notice this?
Ahh! Nett of VAT is £96,550 (£115,860 inc VAT)

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
We had a Panamera GTS and thought it was the best "big car" we'd ever driven. Now we have a Taycan Turbo S and its mate in the garage is a 911 Turbo S. It's hard to believe but I'd rather drive the Taycan. It's a gymnast in a rhino's body. It's actually a touch faster than the 911, and it does everything...cruises softly and silently, explodes from a start like a rocket, corners like a car half its weight and 3 feet shorter, and we know it looks fresh and futuristic.

This is clearly the best automobile I've ever owned and we've had a range of BMW's Mercedes, Jaguar "R" models and 10 Porsches. I'm a part owner of a current Ford GT and the Taycan is more satisfying to drive.

Funny you mention this. I drove my 911 C4S manual the other day and I thought it actually felt a little slow compared to driving my Taycan. Each is its own experience.
Both fun drives and fortunate to be able to own them.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Ive got the Panamera Turbo S E-hybrid at the moment and love it, even with it's faults... I've had many sensors just stop working.. even so, I love the car......

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think you did incredibly well. A fast decision, and a very good one!
Thats extremely nice of you to say. Thank you..

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Fair play - sometimes timings are perfect. You will have yours before mine I bet! :)
Its looking like I will get it tomorrow (Friday).. just having to sort a few things out before hand.. reg transfers, insurance, wheels etc.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Its looking like I will get it tomorrow (Friday).. just having to sort a few things out before hand.. reg transfers, insurance, wheels etc.
Nice work! Great when a plan comes together, look forward to seeing pics and reading more. Plenty of help on here and no such thing as a daft question.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well.. I picked up "webber" today..
It's radically different, in a good way, to any Porsche I've owned before..
Porsche Taycan Just saying hi.. about to become a Turbo owner 20201218_142347~2
Porsche Taycan Just saying hi.. about to become a Turbo owner 20201218_142336~2

My first day I've really enjoyed.. Just the sheer instant torque is untrue..

Any disappointments?

Not really, except for not having comfort access (can this be retro applied) and no option for my own data sim to be inserted..

Apart from that.. Impressed..

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Any disappointments?

Not really, except for not having comfort access (can this be retro applied) and no option for my own data sim to be inserted..

Apart from that.. Impressed..

Should be available with FOD, so you can download and install it afterwards.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Should be available with FOD, so you can download and install it afterwards.
Sorry.. FOD?

So I can pay extra for the comfort access?

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Sorry.. FOD?

So I can pay extra for the comfort access?
If I've been informed correctly and I think I am. Comfort Access is one of the features that can be activated afterwards.

Porsche offers "Functions on demand", so this means if the hardware for the desired function is present in the car you can activate it.

Your car will receive the activation through Porsche's server/cloud after you bought it.