Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Car looks great. If comfort access is not having to unlock using the remote, this is the bit I’m finding annoying after 2 days. I knowingly didn’t spec it as a company car, but after having this function for years, keep trying to open the doors unsuccessfully only to have to fumble about and find the key!

Sure I’ll get used to it. Be interested if this was FOD. how do you find out if/ when it is FOD?
Sponsored

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Taycan 4S, 22 Bronco, Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
Comfort access is when the seats move back before you get in and automatically reposition when the door closes.

The doors unlock automatically as you approach on all Taycans. This is not an option. If you’ve turned it off you have to dig around the menus to find it. The three dots on the right open some hidden settings that are more obscure such as which doors unlock as you approach.

Maybe ask the dealer to show you.

Car looks great. If comfort access is not having to unlock using the remote, this is the bit I’m finding annoying after 2 days. I knowingly didn’t spec it as a company car, but after having this function for years, keep trying to open the doors unsuccessfully only to have to fumble about and find the key!

Sure I’ll get used to it. Be interested if this was FOD. how do you find out if/ when it is FOD?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Comfort access is when the seats move back before you get in and automatically reposition when the door closes.

The doors unlock automatically as you approach on all Taycans. This is not an option. If you’ve turned it off you have to dig around the menus to find it. The three dots on the right open some hidden settings that are more obscure such as which doors unlock as you approach.

Maybe ask the dealer to show you.
I hope you are right, but the dealer told me I need to unlock with the remote when I picked it up, as I walked up to it expecting it to unlock which it didn’t. Could be a U.K. specific thing?

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope you are right, but the dealer told me I need to unlock with the remote when I picked it up, as I walked up to it expecting it to unlock which it didn’t. Could be a U.K. specific thing?
Surely how your doors unlock is not something the UK regulates so I don’t see why Porsche would change it. It could just be something with that dealer. Take a look in your settings and see if you can change it.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Surely how your doors unlock is not something the UK regulates so I don’t see why Porsche would change it. It could just be something with that dealer. Take a look in your settings and see if you can change it.
Didn’t mean it’s regulated by the government. Meant it was an option on U.K. cars and I didn’t spec.

As I say hope your right, but doors that unlock on approach is an option on many cars I’ve owned so not unusual in my view.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
This is Comfort Entry. Comfort Access is ..

In the UK this Comfort Access and is an option, not standard equipment.

Porsche Taycan Just saying hi.. about to become a Turbo owner 5A885359-C5EE-473D-A91C-A34087DAB0A5

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
This is Comfort Entry. Comfort Access is ..

In the UK this Comfort Access and is an option, not standard equipment.

5A885359-C5EE-473D-A91C-A34087DAB0A5.jpeg
Thanks Bootsie. Was hoping it was an setting, but pretty sure I didnt spec it. Slightly regretting it now but company car so had to choose options carefully.

Anyhoo, sorry op, back to your new car. How you getting on and new pics out in the wild please!

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Are we any clearer if comforts access can be FOD though?

Billocrates

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
Thanks Bootsie. Was hoping it was an setting, but pretty sure I didnt spec it. Slightly regretting it now but company car so had to choose options carefully.

Anyhoo, sorry op, back to your new car. How you getting on and new pics out in the wild please!
I wouldn't regret not having this op

Don't regret not having this option, I have it and mainly keep it switched off as lights would come on, mirrors unfold, handles pop out when I walked anywhere near the car when parked up at home.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Ahh! Nett of VAT is £96,550 (£115,860 inc VAT)
which (x 1,10 -> EUR) is a lot below the german base price of 149.000 EUR. ?

Are we any clearer if comforts access can be FOD though?
my dealer told me it should be coming in 2021. many manual are already mentioning it...

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Apologies for my delayed update.. It's been incredibly busy at work.. Not had a lot of time to reply..

Comfort access.
I do have this on the settings with a tick in it, the seat and steering wheel moves back when I switch off but the door handles do not pop out when I approach.. I'm convinced the auto door opening is a different option..

The car itself
Well, still trying to adjust to it if I'm honest, going from the large, heavy, panamera turbo S e hybrid with the v8 roar, to something that is basically a skateboard is taking some time.. I don't hate the car, but right now, I'm not in love with it either. I think time will help..
I do seem to have a few issues with the build quality, but they seem to be common.
Passenger seat head rest rattle
Drivers seat creaks
The speaker on the passenger door rattles when bass is heavy. (burmeister, so I tend to play loud)
I've had maybe two or three different messages each day saying certain things aren't working, they seem to quickly clear themselves, so I assume software glitch..
Windscreen / windows streaming up quite a lot.

All the above takes away from the enjoyment of the car..

Charging
I'm sat here, right now typing this email whilst webber is getting a 50kw charge from a local instavolt. Just wanted to try it out so I didn't look stupid when I really needed to use one.. Very simple to use and extremely quick to charge...
They really need a way of getting receipts without having to email them and wait for them..

That's all for now.. Will report again once I've had more chance to actually use the car..
Roy

Last edited:

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Didn’t mean it’s regulated by the government. Meant it was an option on U.K. cars and I didn’t spec.

As I say hope your right, but doors that unlock on approach is an option on many cars I’ve owned so not unusual in my view.
Have you dug around in the settings? I have found many setting “option” menus are hidden in a “three dot” button off to the right. So it becomes a huge challenge trying to figure out how to adjust various settings. The foot activated trunk opening feature is buried in such a menu and isn’t on by default. I learned about it from a YouTube video.

TaycanTurboUK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, i8 going soon
Country flag
Nice looking car, picked up my Turbo last Monday. 9 year old daughter cried on the way to pick it up as meant the i8 was going, but has been happy since being able to sit up probably in the back of the Taycan !

Is a staggering piece of engineering, fun and practical.

Took it out shopping today and first time that I have had to part in a tight spot, have the rear axial steering and on full lock make a knocking noise, sounds like it is rubbing on the wheel arches but all looks pk underneath, anyone else had this?

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all.

Just to say hi and introduce myself.. I’ve had a few Porches and currently have a Panamera Turbo S E-hybrid. I got a call this morning from the dealer that sold me the Panamera to say they have a Turbo available because of a cancelled order. I popped down this afternoon and did the deal. Fingers crossed it was the right move. I love my Panamera..

Im based in Cheshire..

Roh
I'm also moving from a Panamera to Taycan Turbo. I think it's the right move - the Taycan felt more like a 911 then a Panamera to me (even though it weights more then the Panamera).
Sponsored