TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Just took delivery 2022 GTS Sedan [updated with 0-60 mph Dragy results] 20220408_191602

Just took delivery of my new GTS. I had an allocation but, this car became available after a cancelation so I decided to snag it rather than waiting a year.

It did not come with the PCM update, still monochrome. I traded my 2020 Turbo. Straight away this car is not as bonkers in acceleration as the Turbo on launch, but the extra torque over the 4s is noticeable throughout the curve.

Only issue so far is no GTS badging on the side skirts. Nobody at the dealer could answer why, but they are looking. There was no delete selected on the build sheet.

Tint next week. Stealth xpel scheduled for early May.

UPDATE:

0-60 results...spoiler alert: not great.....however there is a caveat. The Dragy showed a negative slope for these runs vs a positive slope for the runs in the 4s in the exact same location, so maybe the dragy was having issues. The 4s did not have the thermal glass and the GTS does.

75% SOC

Run 1 3.38 1ft rollout 3.62
Run 2 3.35 1ft rollout 3.61

I'm a big guy 300lbs + or -. So im always a tenth or so slower than average. This the first Porsche (911's, Taycan Turbo, and a Cayenne) that has not been at least 1-2 tenths quicker than advertised. It is .15 quicker than a 4s I tested recently in the same location. It's very close 0-30 to the 4s and breaks away from 30-60.

I'm very surprised at this result as the 140+ extra ft/lbs of torque should be moving this car faster in the first 60' than the 4s, but it's nearly identical. I was really hoping for high 3.3x to low 3.4x for me.

Hoping to get to the airstrip over the weekend for some 1/4 runs and further testing.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
20220408_191602.jpg

Just took delivery of my new GTS. I had an allocation but, this car became available after a cancelation so I decided to snag it rather than waiting a year.

It did not come with the PCM update, still monochrome. I traded my 2020 Turbo. Straight away this car is not as bonkers in acceleration as the Turbo on launch, but the extra torque over the 4s is noticeable throughout the curve.

Only issue so far is no GTS badging on the side skirts. Nobody at the dealer could answer why, but they are looking. There was no delete selected on the build sheet.

Congrats

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulation! More pics please!

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
What a beauty! congrats.

There’s a no cost option 6F0 “Deletion of "GTS" Logo on Side Skirt Inlays” - so perhaps that was checked in that build? Do you have the window sticker? Or maybe it was just a screw-up at the factory during assembly that hopefully your dealership will be able to rectify by ordering and installing the correct parts at no cost to you.

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It wasn't on the build sheet. The dealer actually received two GTS Volcano at the same time and neither had it.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations @TK-421 ! Looking forward to more pics and driving insights.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It wasn't on the build sheet. The dealer actually received two GTS Volcano at the same time and neither had it.
Looks stealthy! I know this is cynical.. maybe they just didn't have any and since it was a spec car, they didn't think anyone would notice? :oops:

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
0-60 results...spoiler alert: not great.....however there is a caveat. The Dragy showed a negative slope for these runs vs a positive slope for the runs in the 4s in the exact same location, so maybe the dragy was having issues. The 4s did not have the thermal glass and the GTS does.

75% SOC

Run 1 3.38 1ft rollout 3.62
Run 2 3.35 1ft rollout 3.61

I'm a big guy 300lbs + or -. So im always a tenth or so slower than average. This the first Porsche (911's, Taycan Turbo, and a Cayenne) that has not been at least 1-2 tenths quicker than advertised. It is .15 quicker than a 4s I tested recently in the same location. It's very close 0-30 to the 4s and breaks away from 30-60.

I'm very surprised at this result as the 140+ extra ft/lbs of torque should be moving this car faster in the first 60' than the 4s, but it's nearly identical. I was really hoping for high 3.3x to low 3.4x for me.

Hoping to get to the airstrip over the weekend for some 1/4 runs and further testing.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
20220408_191602.jpg

No badging with carbon pack. Most of the early demo cars came with this - perhaps this is the reason?

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No carbon pack.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
IIRC, some UK members of this forum have posted that their GTS deliveries were missing skirt badging (and also missing stainless steel pedals).
Sponsored