WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
0-60 results...spoiler alert: not great.....however there is a caveat. The Dragy showed a negative slope for these runs vs a positive slope for the runs in the 4s in the exact same location, so maybe the dragy was having issues. The 4s did not have the thermal glass and the GTS does.

75% SOC

Run 1 3.38 1ft rollout 3.62
Run 2 3.35 1ft rollout 3.61

I'm a big guy 300lbs + or -. So im always a tenth or so slower than average. This the first Porsche (911's, Taycan Turbo, and a Cayenne) that has not been at least 1-2 tenths quicker than advertised. It is .15 quicker than a 4s I tested recently in the same location. It's very close 0-30 to the 4s and breaks away from 30-60.

I'm very surprised at this result as the 140+ extra ft/lbs of torque should be moving this car faster in the first 60' than the 4s, but it's nearly identical. I was really hoping for high 3.3x to low 3.4x for me.

Hoping to get to the airstrip over the weekend for some 1/4 runs and further testing.
First off, congrats on your GTS. You’re very lucky to get your hands on one even with the monochrome PCM. Mine is too, but it should get updated soon. Second, Did you test your turbo when you had it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
My Turbo was in the low 3.1x consistently. That's why I was hoping the GTS would slot in the middle Around a 3.4x.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
So what’s the point of the GTS? In the ICE world they are tuned and have a better exhaust note in addition to the bits of finish but based on the OP a bunch of those finish bits are missing and there is no real world performance (and Certainly no exhaust) improvement over the 4s? What a bummer.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So what’s the point of the GTS? In the ICE world they are tuned and have a better exhaust note in addition to the bits of finish but based on the OP a bunch of those finish bits are missing and there is no real world performance (and Certainly no exhaust) improvement over the 4s? What a bummer.
Actually it has a specific electric sport sound different to the other models.

Suspension tuned different.

Much like the ICE equivalents right?

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let me make it perfectly clear that there is a performance difference between the 4S and the GTS. The extra torque and the unique suspension tuning is certainly noticeable. Also, let's not jump to conclusions on acceleration based on one testing session, with as noted, a possible malfunctioning of the Dragy test equipment. Further testing is needed.

I will say that I do not understand the launch control tuning of this car, as the extra torque in that first 2.5 seconds should have the GTS far outpacing the 4s over the first 60'-100'. This probably has alot to due with my lack of understanding how electric motors translate torque to HP at the wheels, especially with no traditional transmission up front and the two speed at the rear. It's almost as if the extra 28HP is all that matters in the .15 difference in 0-60 times. I need an engineer...lol.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Carwow recently timed the ST version at 3.55s... needing one arm holding the GPS unit out of the window because the insulated glass was apparently screwing up GPS measurement.

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm actually out testing now, and my Dragy is all over the place. It says it has sats, but I'm beginning to believe the TIG is causing issues.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Carwow recently timed the ST version at 3.55s... needing one arm holding the GPS unit out of the window because the insulated glass was apparently screwing up GPS measurement.
That guy's an annoying idiot - right up there with Shmee150!

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
How many miles are on the odometer?
Don’t you have to wait until a certain mileage (500?) until the car will let you use the full beans launch control?

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE: I finally found a spot for the Dragy that gives consistent results. The only place is on the center console to the left of the front cup holder. Once I landed on that location I got four runs within .02 seconds of one another.

3.52 3.53 3.52 3.54 - much better and more consistent, especially for my 300lbs and a small upward slope. I expect mid to low 3.4x's are what the car is capable of with average size driver.

The 60' times are 1.88-1.91 which is .10 faster than the 4s and .2 slower than my Turbo.

Overall it's about a tenth slower in the 60' and the 0-60 than I was hoping for at my weight, but I'm satisfied.

Porsche Taycan Just took delivery 2022 GTS Sedan [updated with 0-60 mph Dragy results] Screenshot_20220410-184112_dragy

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How many miles are on the odometer?
Don’t you have to wait until a certain mileage (500?) until the car will let you use the full beans launch control?

I haven't seen anything about power limitations until a certain mileage. I know my Redeye had a 500 mile limitation, but I haven't seen anything about the Taycans.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Turbo was in the low 3.1x consistently. That's why I was hoping the GTS would slot in the middle Around a 3.4x.
C&D ran a 3.4 w rollout in the 4S, 3.6 full. I would expect GTS might be a tenth better.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I will say that I do not understand the launch control tuning of this car, as the extra torque in that first 2.5 seconds should have the GTS far outpacing the 4s over the first 60'-100'. This probably has alot to due with my lack of understanding how electric motors translate torque to HP at the wheels, especially with no traditional transmission up front and the two speed at the rear. It's almost as if the extra 28HP is all that matters in the .15 difference in 0-60 times. I need an engineer...lol.
The launch torque is 30% higher than the 4S, same as the turbo (which I was surprised to see) but the peak HP is only 5% more than the 4S. Looking at the graphs of the motor base speed relative to car speed and considering this boost is supposed to be 2.5 sec, I think for there to be that kind of discrepancy, they have to be tapering off torque as the car accelerates more than the 4S. I don’t see how the numbers could come out that way otherwise. I’m not sure why though other than to keep room between the GTS and Turbo.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
That guy's an annoying idiot - right up there with Shmee150!
He also gave a very unenthusiastic review, almost as if he was bored.

Not sure if like many media outlets that have "fun" content, they've been told to tone it down because of current events. If so, I find that pathetic, but I've heard of it happening before.

Shmee is irritating and his content so tedious. The formula:

Gets better car > drives it somewhere
Gets better car > drives it somewhere

Ad nauseum and all with a Cheshire cat perma-grin on his face that would make even The Duchess of Cambridge blush.

Though do watch his most recent Ferrari SF90 pick up day video, particularly the driving section. Despite the perma-grin and child-like enjoyment he's forcing, I think he hates it already because "it spends most of its time in EV mode".

He hated the Taycan for nothing other than it's silent operation and "poor" range. Most road driving is at lower speeds, so the SF90 while it has charge, will be silent.

Cue another car leaving his garage in two years time...