Cpb1702

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
On my 4s the surround camera parking aides aren’t on full time when parking is there a way to ensure it’s always on?

It’s a blooming big car and would want it on all the time

many thanks
Sponsored

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
i have heard some people map the diamond button on the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel, to the surround parking camera feature

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Exactly what I did. Works well.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I mapped my steering wheel diamond to bring up the parking cameras - even more convenient than the dashboard imo and essential for everyday use for me.

Used the Dashboard diamond for HomeLink but recently changed it to 'Lift' as have a separate solution for my gates/garage.

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
i have heard some people map the diamond button on the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel, to the surround parking camera feature
But it can only be activated at crawling speeds. I think the question is asking for a full time solution.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I use the steering wheel diamond so I can find with out looking. Think having it on is a safety thing - so you don’t drive via camera. People will do it and then blame Porsche.

dugbug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw 228i, X3
Country flag
I wish Porsche would copy bmw here. Their camera fusion and parking assist is just perfect. Porsches feels like a half hearted attempt

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
On my 4s the surround camera parking aides aren’t on full time when parking is there a way to ensure it’s always on?

It’s a blooming big car and would want it on all the time

many thanks
Not clear if you mean during a parking manoeuvre only or during normal driving?

If the former then Park Assist cameras will operate at speeds <= 6 mph.

The surround / 360 view can't be the default on activation and must be manually selected. Default camera view is either front or rear depending on your direction of travel.

Auto activation (if enabled in PCM) when R is selected, close to an object or by pressing the Park Assist button on the right hand side of the lower display. You can program one of the two diamond buttons to activate but as there is already a dedicated button that would seem a waste.

If the latter the the answer is 'no' as the system deactivates when travelling>= 6 mph.

The car is not as big as you think once used to it.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Chiming in with a bit of Tesla praise here: in the Model S I could keep the reversing camera on all the time, also when going full speed forward. I miss that, I think it was a good safety feature with more information than the mirrors gave. Wish Porsche would allow it too!
Sponsored