Kind of feeling screwed over. Placed over in Dec 2021 and still no allocation

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah cos the stress of trying to figure out when- or even if- an ordered car will get delivered is as nothing compared with the misery suffered by people being forced to read threads on subjects that don't interest them.
Scanning the main board and seeing five threads out of 15 on the same topic is ridiculous. Especially when it’s the same stupid whine about a first world problem.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Hey, I thought it was only the Americans that bickered among themselves on these forums. Now the Brits are getting involved 😂

I totally get the frustration, but it is what it is. People just want to vent, which is fair enough.

I will likely contact my dealer only once more this year for a quick check-in EOY, and then wait to see if I get an allocation in Q1.

It is pointless, and a waste of my and their time, harassing them as they know no more than anyone else.

p.s.

If it interests anyone, I was told if I wanted to go PTS PLUS, it would add 9 months to my delivery time. Obviously that killed the idea.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
USA buyers: I have to say first off, don’t place a deposit or burn up any time with any dealer who does not have an available allocation for you. Call around (especially if you live on the coast) other parts of the country, you might be surprised what you can find with a bit of effort. The Emden labor strike is not helping things for us, and I think helps explain why European deliveries are still humming along compared to our situation here.

EXACTLY!!!!

I emailed 30 different Porsche dealers within 1,000 miles of Denver this past January. Found an allocation out of Porsche Kansas City for a CT4s for an April build date, and the car arrived the first week of June. Put 4,000 miles on it already this summer. I loved my previous Taycan's, but this CT4s is spec'ed exactly how I want, looks great, and drives like you wouldn't believe.

If you want a Taycan, and don't want to wait two years, you need to be aggressive with your search and expand your options.

The car in Jackson, WY last week.

Porsche Taycan Kind of feeling screwed over. Placed over in Dec 2021 and still no allocation image000000

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
USA buyers: I have to say first off, don’t place a deposit or burn up any time with any dealer who does not have an available allocation for you. Call around (especially if you live on the coast) other parts of the country, you might be surprised what you can find with a bit of effort. The Emden labor strike is not helping things for us, and I think helps explain why European deliveries are still humming along compared to our situation here.
This made me think of something that might be dumb: why don't (US) dealers advertise their available allocations on their websites, just like their inventory? Include model, trim, build freeze date and estimated delivery date. Why do we have call each of them to find out?

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Let's just hope Porsche doesn't enact a policy similar to JLR. I was briefly interested in an I-pace, but quickly discovered that the majority of dealers will not sell a car to you if you're outside their territory. Sounds like there's some financial penalty they face on a quarterly basis if they do so. Pretty draconian. My local Jaguar dealer wanted a $5k non refundable deposit (which is also their ADM for the car) just to get on a waitlist to order one. LOL. But with this policy I'd have no choice but to deal with them if I wanted the car. So.....I guess things could be worse?

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Spec'd a Turbo in April. At the time the salesperson brushed off my expectation for a year wait, saying "It'll just be six months or so".

Nearly four months later, they still don't have an allocation. This seems closer to my initial low expectation than the salesperson's.

First time Porsche customer. Fortunately we don't "need" the car. The endless excuses companies come up with for why they can't make products or supply services is tiresome.

The next time I meet someone, and they tell me they work in supply chain management, I'll nod, smile, and walk away thankful society has created jobs for people who otherwise would struggle to be productive working at McDonald's.

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I placed a deposit for a taycan back in December of 2021. I was told that my car would be at my doorstep sometime this summer yet so far I haven't even recieved an allocation let alone a freeze date. For those who placed a deposit around the same time can you share your overall timelines? I am trying to figure out if my case is the exception or if this is happening to everyone. I know the global situations and accidents (felicity ace) have caused slowdowns but I wasn't expecting this drastic of a delay.

Thanks
I’ve just kicked off with my dealer.
Placed my order for my GTS ST on launch in Nov ‘21, was advised numerous times I was 2nd in the queue.
Got a call today, all allocations have gone for the year we only had 2 GTS ST, you’re next!! Could be Jan ‘23 or Mar ‘23 allocation!
So somewhere along the line I got bumped down the list…as you can imagineI was not impressed!!:mad:

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
Order a CT4 in Nov 2021, was supposed to be delivered in mid-June22 the Mid Jumy, ad now Mid September 22.

grrr

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
Ordered February 4, vehicle arrived at dealer June 28. I have a RWD and ordered from the largest volume Porsche dealer in America (Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach FL) so that may be why my turnaround time was so fast.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve just kicked off with my dealer.
Placed my order for my GTS ST on launch in Nov ‘21, was advised numerous times I was 2nd in the queue.
Got a call today, all allocations have gone for the year we only had 2 GTS ST, you’re next!! Could be Jan ‘23 or Mar ‘23 allocation!
So somewhere along the line I got bumped down the list…as you can imagineI was not impressed!!:mad:
I've just commenced a 'mini project' drawing up a list of every Porsche dealer in the UK.

I have already contacted half of them about the GTS ST and dropping a deposit this week.

Thus far, I have been told:
  • Porsche Chester - 1 allocation per QUARTER! Estimated delivery: 2024 (more likely, the year 2224)
  • Porsche Bristol - 2024 delivery time, could give no estimate of month or quarter
  • Porsche Cambridge - Delivery time "into 2024"
  • Porsche Colchester - Late 2023/early 2024 estimate, they will be getting their next allocations in November
  • Porsche East London - Delivery time "unlikely before 2024".

This is what I also found out:
  • Confirmed by multiple dealer groups, the model with by far the longest lead time/wait is... The Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. It seems Porsche are really throttling supply of the GTS ST, perhaps to keep residuals high before the 2024 facelift? That is my theory.
  • Every other model has a more confident "12 month delivery time", and that includes the GTS Saloon. Most dealers are confident any 4S can be delivered in <12 months if your dropped a deposit this week.
  • I asked one dealer about allocations. She was very useful and explained (not verbose, roughly the gist): "the way allocations work is dependant on demand and dealer size. Porsche allocates build slots in drips and drabs where there IS order demand, meaning there is no huge benefit in shopping around, because a dealer with a lot of orders will usually get more allocations".

This might explain why people are so frustrated with the whole process because there is no order to any of it. Basically if a small dealer has an unusually high number of orders, they might get more allocations one quarter than another dealer who has received more orders that are lower than expected demand, so they then get fewer allocations.

That is how I understood it.

I will share the G Sheet once I have concluded my dealer goose chase for a GTS ST. Note I dropped a deposit for a GTS ST in early Feb this year and do not expect any further news until Q1 2023. Last dealer contact was earlier this week, explaining all allocations this year are done.

I was quoted a 12-15 month delivery time back then. I now expect 18-20 months with all the delays. The dealer cannot confirm any delivery time estimate.

And if it's one allocation a quarter, then middle of 2025 🤣 I'm 10th on the list 🥳🔮 and yes, I will be cancelling and buying the Mercedes AMG GT EV (if it's released) or the Cayman EV, which I would prefer by that time anyway.

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
  • The model with by far the longest lead tine/wait across multiple dealer groups is... The Taycan GTS Sport Turismo.
  • Every other model has a more confident "12 month delivery time", and that includes the GTS Saloon.
I'll be following your epic undertaking with interest.
I wonder from your 2 findings above whether Porsche's production planning allowed for the likely need for a greater proportion of GTS to be built in ST form than is the case for non-GTS models, because those other models are available in CT as well as ST form.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll be following your epic undertaking with interest.
I wonder from your 2 findings above whether Porsche's production planning allowed for the likely need for a greater proportion of GTS to be built in ST form than is the case for non-GTS models, because those other models are available in CT as well as ST form.
Perhaps, you would think the tooling is all the same, unless they didn't anticipate the GTS ST to be as popular as it has been, and that has caused an enormous backlog.

Or they did, and as I theorise, they are trickling out GTS ST knowing it will keep residuals high. That then means all other model residuals are pushed higher.

And that keeps partner dealers and leasing firms happy when the updated 2024 model is released - far less depreciation in the older stock.

Sorry

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabriolet; Taycan on order
Country flag
as has been said already, do your homework and find an allocation - a deposit is fairly meaningless unless you have the GM telling you they have an allocation coming up earmarked for you.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Long wait times do not seem to be exclusive to the Taycan GTS ST. Afaik many dealers are quoting up to 18 months for the Macan GTS. Apart from their unicorn cars the 911 turbo S still has the longest wait. They were quoting 2023 possibly 2024 when I collected my Taycan in Dec 2021. I am currently considering changing my CT for either another CT or ST but in PTS. Will be interesting to see if my dealer says the same any different than the dealers above.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
as has been said already, do your homework and find an allocation - a deposit is fairly meaningless unless you have the GM telling you they have an allocation coming up earmarked for you.
Looks like you're in the US. Here in th UK it's not as simple as looking for a dealer with an allocation. There are no allocations available at any dealers here. We do not have lot/dealer specced cars like in other countries. 99% are built to customers spec. Process here is spec a car, dealer creates new order form and ask for a deposit. Once deposit has been paid the dealer sends the new order to Porsche in Germany requesting an allocation for that particular build. Demand at this time is outstripping supply therefore orders exceed allocations it means zero spare allocations. Occasionally a dealer may have an cancelled order close to or beyond freeze so can make sense to ring around and try your luck.
Sponsored