G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Did they give an idea of expected lead times for us, where we basically have twin orders - same model, same order date, practically same position on the list as well?!

If it does stretch into 2024, then I probably will cancel. I'm seeing my dealer end of this month, and I will be asking him about allocations, and the Cayman EV.

Considering getting in early for the latter, and also keeping an eye out for the inevitable Mercedes AMG GT EV.

If I had the choice of all three right this moment, there is no way in hell I would have ordered the Taycan.

If it means waiting 12 months for either of the two-seater EVs by the time the Taycan arrives, then little point even owning one.

Failing all of this I will just buy a V6 F-Type convertible. It's the only ICE car that excites me as much as anything in EV land.
They will not commit on any timescales sadly. I asked if I would see my car on 11/1/23 as expected. He said "Not a chance". I asked are we talking Q2/Q3 and the reply was "realistically , Q3 to Q4 2023.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It'd be interesting to see GTS order numbers broken down by ST and Sedan- I assume that the much longer lead time for STs is due to it having a significant majority of orders. Taycan CTs and STs are too recent a model to analyse on the used approved listings, but I see that each Panamera trim/power level has a near-even split between ST and Sedan.
Before the GTS and ST was launched, there was massive oversubscription to the fairly recently introduced CT in 4S guise. I guess many people facing a long wait for that variant hoped that jumping to the new GTS queue would expedite their delivery.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I ordered in July '21 and was informed on 31/7/22 that the car was built so now I am waiting for transport plus whatever preparations the dealer has to do.
Excellent! Very eager to get some feedback from you what you think about the Taycan! :)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Especially when it’s the same stupid whine about a first world problem.
Is it just that?

I think the Taycan is the kind of car, which has the potential for mental health issues. I would feel seriously depressed, if I had to wait 2 years after my test drive at the Hockenheimring in early 2020! Can you imagine to keep driving this piece of T junk or an ICE? o_O

I am saying this, because my Taycan is now 2 years old, and I still take a long look every time I walk away from it...

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Ouch. I'm in the US, and I placed my order in late December 2021. Got an allocation for a GTS Sedan right away and put down my $5K. My freeze date was March 1st, and I picked up my vehicle on July 7th.

I kept hearing stories of delays, stop sales, and missing parts but was pleasantly surprised when mine showed up exactly how I had spec'd it. Seems like I got lucky.

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
Ouch. I'm in the US, and I placed my order in late December 2021. Got an allocation for a GTS Sedan right away and put down my $5K. My freeze date was March 1st, and I picked up my vehicle on July 7th.

I kept hearing stories of delays, stop sales, and missing parts but was pleasantly surprised when mine showed up exactly how I had spec'd it. Seems like I got lucky.
This is very similar to our schedule. Placed order in January for an April build and may delivery.

We're still waiting for the car.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jigglypot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 MB 250 Taycan 4S - on order
Country flag
This is very similar to our schedule. Placed order in January for an April build and may delivery.

We're still waiting for the car. I'm not very impressed with porsche logistics.
same, not impressed at all.
Sponsored