Kind of feeling screwed over. Placed over in Dec 2021 and still no allocation

jigglypot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 MB 250 Taycan 4S - on order
Country flag
I placed a deposit for a taycan back in December of 2021. I was told that my car would be at my doorstep sometime this summer yet so far I haven't even recieved an allocation let alone a freeze date. For those who placed a deposit around the same time can you share your overall timelines? I am trying to figure out if my case is the exception or if this is happening to everyone. I know the global situations and accidents (felicity ace) have caused slowdowns but I wasn't expecting this drastic of a delay.

Thanks
Sponsored

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Placed my deposit in nov 2021, still nothing, no order or allocation for a GTS ST

Bakus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi GT
Country flag
I placed an order for a GTS ST in March 2022 was told 18 months.

I had not heard anything until last week when I received an email saying they hope to have allocation in 2023.

I had a etron GT, that's being changed for a RS GT in the next few weeks. I'm at the point now that I may flip my deposit to a 911 Targa GTS, and keep the RS GT.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Placed order Nov 21 ....and had two allocations since then ..one where dealer missed freeze date because of short notice ,so then after a bit of complaining they found me another one
Luckily

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Placed my first deposit to get on a waitlist for a Taycan CT Turbo in July 2021. Got on more lists shortly after. My position on waitlists varies from #1 to #4. No allocations in sight. Porsche is just not making that many cars for the USA. Taycan is almost like a Tesla Roadster, looks great online, but cannot buy one - a vaporcar. Started looking at other cars, but everyone has long lead times. The most viable option for delivery is Tesla Model S Plaid, but I cannot get over the stalkless yoke. If they offer it with a regular steering wheel, I'll pick one up and forget about Taycan for few years, until it's time for the next car. Same if I manage to get my hands on an AMG EQS.

paddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Ordered a 4S in September 2021 but switched to a Turbo S a few weeks later which I think put me on top of the allocation list. Lock in date around March with a build date in May which got pushed to June and took delivery end of July. So all in about 10 months which everyone keeps telling me was lightning quick.

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It certainly is model dependant. I chose a CT 4S and the dealer said that was the most popular model, so a long wait. They make very few Turbo S so a long wait. The GTS wait was short when first announced but now the ST GTS may have supplanted the CT 4S as the most ordered model so long waits.
I ordered in July '21 and was informed on 31/7/22 that the car was built so now I am waiting for transport plus whatever preparations the dealer has to do.

So just over a year from order to manufacture and probably another month still to wait for the car to be available to pick up.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
It certainly is model dependant. I chose a CT 4S and the dealer said that was the most popular model, so a long wait. They make very few Turbo S so a long wait. The GTS wait was short when first announced but now the ST GTS may have supplanted the CT 4S as the most ordered model so long waits.
I ordered in July '21 and was informed on 31/7/22 that the car was built so now I am waiting for transport plus whatever preparations the dealer has to do.

So just over a year from order to manufacture and probably another month still to wait for the car to be available to pick up.
Exciting! When mine was built it took 3 weeks from factory to dealer / handover to me.

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think that being outside of Europe may also affect the delay.
I order my 4 CT so not an S model in September 2021 and received it mid-December 2021 so all in all 3 months. I’m from The Netherlands so transport from the factory to my dealer only took a few days. Maybe US dealers have been to cautious on reserving production slots and in doing so they have to get in line behind already reserved slots.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I placed an order in Nov 2021 for a GTS sedan, locked the build in March, picked up in early June - original date was May 7 for delivery but that got pushed about a month. I'm in Canada.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Deposit on 4S CT in Oct'21. Sales Manager showed me the stack of recent orders on his desk. ETA for me of Q4'22.
Plus deposit on Turbo CT in Nov'21. ETA 2023, dealer expecting no allocations in 2022. Dealer notified of allocations for 2022 in Jan, I took delivery June.
I doubt that I'd have taken delivery of a 4S CT this year.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
USA buyers: I have to say first off, don’t place a deposit or burn up any time with any dealer who does not have an available allocation for you. Call around (especially if you live on the coast) other parts of the country, you might be surprised what you can find with a bit of effort. The Emden labor strike is not helping things for us, and I think helps explain why European deliveries are still humming along compared to our situation here.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe the mods could merge the 10 threads already existing on this topic. Or people could use the search function.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
USA buyers: I have to say first off, don’t place a deposit or burn up any time with any dealer who does not have an available allocation for you. Call around (especially if you live on the coast) other parts of the country, you might be surprised what you can find with a bit of effort. The Emden labor strike is not helping things for us, and I think helps explain why European deliveries are still humming along compared to our situation here.
In my case a deposit was required to just hold a place in line for an allocation. I guess everyone has a different story, but that was mine. It wasn't a large deposit, just $500. After the allocation came in, another 10% of the car's final price was asked of me - but at least they had something tangible.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Maybe the mods could merge the 10 threads already existing on this topic. Or people could use the search function.
Yeah cos the stress of trying to figure out when- or even if- an ordered car will get delivered is as nothing compared with the misery suffered by people being forced to read threads on subjects that don't interest them.
Sponsored