4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
4S delivered Dec 2020. Order for CT4S signed with £5k deposit June 2021. Locked in spec 2 weeks ago for early Nov delivery.
The dealership was apparently allocating as per order date.
We did have a bit of an issue though because there is a shortage of roof rails, especially black, but it was OK if the spec was confirmed by August!
I do think that recently a lot of delays are specification dependent.
All a dark art!
Sponsored

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Seems RWD allocation is the easiest to get, walked into the local dealer at the beginning of April '22, and they have an available allocation for RWD at MSRP while the CT queue is 8 deep, put down a $5k deposit, and build code entered into the system that day. Production finished at the beginning of July but the car missed the boat and stuck at the port because of the workers' strike... New on vessel estimation is November and the estimated delivery is now December... oh well...

Full timeline: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/september-2022-deliveries.10789/post-156110

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Exciting! When mine was built it took 3 weeks from factory to dealer / handover to me.
If it gets to the dealer in the last week of August we will be on holiday but a September 1st pickup would be at least a new registration number.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
USA buyers: I have to say first off, don’t place a deposit or burn up any time with any dealer who does not have an available allocation for you. Call around (especially if you live on the coast) other parts of the country, you might be surprised what you can find with a bit of effort. The Emden labor strike is not helping things for us, and I think helps explain why European deliveries are still humming along compared to our situation here.
Called around a year ago, cost to coast - no available Turbo CT allocations anywhere. Got on waitlists, still nothing a year later. Overall found maybe a handful or two of already claimed allocations throughout the USA, in a full year. Only heard of one Turbo CT allocation for the entire state of Washington, ever (ironically it went to a guy ahead of me on a waitlist, then he backed out of the sale, but the car was too different from my build for me to consider buying it). The closest I came was a Turbo S allocation for next year delivery, but with the ADM dealer insisted on it would have costed me ~$40K more to get a car with features I actually don't want (like powered charge port or ceramic brakes).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe US dealers have been to cautious on reserving production slots and in doing so they have to get in line behind already reserved slots.
Not even close. Dealers want more allocations, have people on waitlists, but they don't get the allocations. They don't even trade allocations anymore, like they used to, since any allocation car sells instantly.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe the mods could merge the 10 threads already existing on this topic. Or people could use the search function.
The title of the thread is pretty clear. If this is not a topic which interests you, just don't click on the thread, or hit the Ignore button on the top of the thread.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
A little bummed that it’s not the 4S, but maybe a prudent decision to save on the car and speeding tickets given the economy.
The CT4 is FAST. I doubt you’ll get fewer speeding tickets in it vs a 4S. The problem is that you really don’t feel the speed and next thing you know the speedo is reading 100+ MPH.

impersonator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I posted my results earlier about searching most of the country for an allocation (GTS sedan). The process was painless, took me about 2-3 hours to email 97 dealerships and I found 13 allocations (5 MSRP) when I searched in March 2022. Things might be different just a few months later, but I don’t understand why people are willing to wait so long for common models like a 4s. I am getting my GTS delivered to PECLA September 9 (which is a month later than if I had it delivered to the dealership in Ohio).

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/searching-for-an-allocation.10064/

Last edited:

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
This made me think of something that might be dumb: why don't (US) dealers advertise their available allocations on their websites, just like their inventory? Include model, trim, build freeze date and estimated delivery date. Why do we have call each of them to find out?
Exactly!!!

zkleiman

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1980 911SC, 2022 911 GTS
Country flag
Wow. Thats incredible. I ordered my 911 gts in June '21 and will take delivery early sept '22. Painful wait.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
When the GTS was announced, I shopped around (SoCal) to see if I can order one. Many SAs had no idea there was a Taycan GTS as it was just announced, so we were just running around in circles. On the ones that know about the GTS, even out of state, wanted ADM on it. I finally found a SA in a NorCal dealer that knew what a GTS is and that he could take a 5k deposit and I’m one of the first to get it, with no markup. The allocation came late Dec/early Jan and lock date in Feb. Since then there were numerous delays due to the war, with delivery from May pushed to June, which wasn’t as bad as I expected. I am glad the dealer came through and honored the msrp, but wanted me to prepay the 2yr service because they are selling out of their local market and will be penalized by Porsche (not sure if any truth to that). I didn’t make a big deal out of it and accepted it. I was told I was lucky to have waited 6mo for it as it’ll take over a year to get one now.

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
I placed an order / got in line for a GTS ST allocaiton in May 2022. Last week I got a phone call from one of them saying that they have an GTS sedan allocation for me if I want one. I passed. But now Im wondering if I should've taken it... (Its gone now).

Oh well, Id rather wait for the car I want.
f.

knifeofpi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you guys fill me in on why you place deposits and wait months or a year on end to get an allocation?
I’ve gotten two Taycans in the last 8 months by simply searching daily and finding Taycans that are in freight to the states and made a deposit before they made it to dock.
I did this for a 4S and a Turbo S that were both at about 95% desirable spec.

unless you are absolutely dead set on getting something unique like a CT mamba green with red interior…why wait?

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Can you guys fill me in on why you place deposits and wait months or a year on end to get an allocation?
I’ve gotten two Taycans in the last 8 months by simply searching daily and finding Taycans that are in freight to the states and made a deposit before they made it to dock.
I did this for a 4S and a Turbo S that were both at about 95% desirable spec.

unless you are absolutely dead set on getting something unique like a CT mamba green with red interior…why wait?
Same. Bought my first off the lot, found the second inbound to a dealer.
Sponsored