zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
no, they said, they'd speak to their manager. I reckon they're hoping we don't notice or are not bothered to fix it.

I'm not going to be funny with them about it. But I want the nice pedals I've paid for.
any positive news from your SA?

I went in to my dealership yesterday to check out an GTS sedan (launch spec), and it was missing the metal petals as well.

My SA suggests wait till my car is arrived. If the proper pedals are indeed missing, they will look into changing them out since they should be in the standard feature list.
Sponsored

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
In the US the pedals are an option.
Porsche Taycan Ladies and gentlemen. The first Taycan GTS picked up Screenshot_20220410-145309_Chrome

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
In the US the pedals are an option.
Screenshot_20220410-145309_Chrome.jpg

This is a bit confusing, but that isn't the issue. I believe the configurator is wrong.

Below are the "standard" GTS pedals, which look like they are trimmed in alu or steel as standard:

View attachment 34607

The below is what everyone who has either been in a demonstrator or even received their GTS receives as the "standard" pedals.

They are standard black rubber(?):

Porsche Taycan Ladies and gentlemen. The first Taycan GTS picked up 1649619807863

Now back to the configurator, where the option you highlight trims the entire pedal in alu:

Porsche Taycan Ladies and gentlemen. The first Taycan GTS picked up 1649619785454

Hence, I believe the configurator is wrong, unless later 2022 models of the GTS really do come with metal trimmed pedals?

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
The current GTS configurator and standard feature list make it quite obvious it should receive the same standard treatment as the turbo line. Where the outer edge of the pedals are framed by metal.

GTS:
Porsche Taycan Ladies and gentlemen. The first Taycan GTS picked up C556ADD5-5256-4560-9B1B-54F3F8CDA333

Turbo:
Porsche Taycan Ladies and gentlemen. The first Taycan GTS picked up C81FC339-72FD-4852-86FC-7BC1DFF4A0CB

i can confirm turbo indeed receive such treatment as standard. Saw it yesterday on a turbo test drive car.

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
Mine are all rubber no aluminum at all. Nice clarification.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine are all rubber no aluminum at all. Nice clarification.
Yes I checked this with my dealer where they actually had a GTS ST in the showroom. He was unaware of the difference between the configurator and the actual car, which was exactly as I pictured above.

I wonder if any more GTS owners could further confirm that the standard GTS pedals differ from the configurator?

I wonder if there are oversights either in the production or configurator; or it's a first-release oversight that will be rectified in later builds?

The pedals certainly look better with the metal trim, but I'm not keen on the full alu option, especially as on wet days, your foot might slip.

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
There are 2 different aluminium pedals plus the basic plastic one. The trick one is extra, the more simple steel one is included on the standard spec of GTS and up. I found it in writing on the technical pages of the porsche.com site so my dealer is contacting porsche warranty about getting it swapped over. Soon as it is. I’ll keep you posted. For now here’s my latest pic, taken with no filter unbelievably:
Porsche Taycan Ladies and gentlemen. The first Taycan GTS picked up 4FF307E2-54C4-4169-B4BA-D317CFE1CB11

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are 2 different aluminium pedals plus the basic plastic one. The trick one is extra, the more simple steel one is included on the standard spec of GTS and up. I found it in writing on the technical pages of the porsche.com site so my dealer is contacting porsche warranty about getting it swapped over. Soon as it is. I’ll keep you posted. For now here’s my latest pic, taken with no filter unbelievably:
4FF307E2-54C4-4169-B4BA-D317CFE1CB11.jpeg
Stunning!

Good to know, so our assumptions are correct - the GTS pedals, or at least with these first models, are wrongly fitted. They should be the standard steel trim and not the all black rubber.

The former also seem to look a lot better, real photo below:

Porsche Taycan Ladies and gentlemen. The first Taycan GTS picked up 1649667542202

Let us know when it's been fitted and thanks again for the clarification.

Also, can you confirm if your GTS fits inside that garage?! I'm in a dilemma of whether to park my Taycan on the drive or find a place with a big enough garage.

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can confirm that bugger all fits in that poxy garage. I can also confirm my OCD is making me want to colour match the garage in mamba green 🤣

i love the purple interior by the way. What a middle finger up to the man! I would have gone for it Myself, but you’d need to pair it with a more muted colour like black, white or crayon.

also, I noticed dealer sport tourismo GTS all were missing the GTS text on the side skirts. Funny, eh.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can confirm that bugger all fits in that poxy garage. I can also confirm my OCD is making me want to colour match the garage in mamba green 🤣

i love the purple interior by the way. What a middle finger up to the man! I would have gone for it Myself, but you’d need to pair it with a more muted colour like black, white or crayon.

also, I noticed dealer sport tourismo GTS all were missing the GTS text on the side skirts. Funny, eh.
Ha yes I think my Taycan - whenever it arrives - will live on the driveway. But then depends where I am living by that time... 😂

Colour match the garage door. Imagine the kudos on these forums 🤣 Legend status unlocked.

Blackberry interior is nice with certain colours - those you mention - plus anyone getting PTS purples, but I'm speccing Crayon leather for my Carmine Red GTS. Contrasts nicely and I've always had an image of a sports car with light leather interior a la Ferrari. Seen samples at my dealer and preferred it even other Olea Club leather colours.

I wonder if all the deletes on the current GTS is because of factory oversights or lack of components? I've noticed that too - model designation deleted, the pedals not matching the standard spec sheet, etc...

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That spec sounds great. I think there will be quite a lot of non racetex cars by the sounds of it.

And I’m calling out now for a ban on pan roof for saloon GTS! Make it race car!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That spec sounds great. I think there will be quite a lot of non racetex cars by the sounds of it.

And I’m calling out now for a ban on pan roof for saloon GTS! Make it race car!
You won't like my GTS roof then 😂

The Race-Tex / leather aficionados are quite equally split I reckon, but then this will be my first car purchase and my first ever sports car. I have always expected leather in a sports car.

I know in super- and hypercar land, alcantara is quite normal, but then that is probably more for 1. weight saving and 2. because they are not DDs and the expectation is owners will be tracking.

That is principally why I wouldn't option Race-Tex where my GTS will be my DD.

That said, I'm not that against the GTS exclusive interiors in Race-Tex, it's just I really want a leather steering wheel, and that isn't otherwise an option. Good problems are good problems.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
If you want a race car feel and only have one bit of the interior in alcantara, it should be the steering wheel.

I have one in my Caterham and it's very tactile and, importantly, grippy. (it's also survived 20yrs of track days and abuse, being slung in bags and lockers etc etc).

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you want a race car feel and only have one bit of the interior in alcantara, it should be the steering wheel.

I have one in my Caterham and it's very tactile and, importantly, grippy. (it's also survived 20yrs of track days and abuse, being slung in bags and lockers etc etc).
That is actually what I've done. I went for the carbon wheel in racetex. And of course in the GTS you also get racetex roof. That's enough for me. I still think full racetex is nice, don't get me wrong. But it's a but much.

It's all subjective though. Carbon parts on a 2.5 tonne car is ridiculous, but I've got some....

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
Pictures are great. Car doesnt look as low as I was expecting. Is this „normal“ ride height?
Sponsored