Lane Keep Assist/Active Lane Guidance/Lane Keep Assist + Active Lane Keeping

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
Hi all,

I've been trying to find information about the Lane keeping functions but the manual just confuses me.
I had a test Taycan that had the full innodrive on and I loved the way it automatically kept in lane at low speed and on motorway.

On the Taycan I have ordered I only opted for ACC (as well as lane change assist) and not Innodrive.
Do any of the lane keep/warning features come with ACC or do I need to go for full Innodrive? I've still got time to amend order.....

Thank you!
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Yes, Lane Keep Assist (LKA) will come with all Taycan's. This is the feature that will nudge your steering wheel if you run over a lane line without using an indicator.

Without ordering Innodrive, to get Active Lane Keeping (ALK) – this is the thing that keeps the car in the middle of a lane automatically and auto-steers with your hands on the wheel – you'll need to option using Feature-on-Demand (FoD) after you receive your vehicle.

You can buy that in the Porsche Connected Store - either at a one off price – that stays with the vehicle for ever – or a monthly price that travels with the user.

Additionally you can also order Innodrive on your vehicle – at the same connected store – because you have optioned the appropriate hardware (ACC radar unit) – again, after you receive your vehicle.

I have a vehicle on order and like yourself have ordered ACC but keeping Innodrive and Active Lane Keeping (ALK) until I receive the vehicle. In my case this is because it attracts less tax (only sales/VAT as opposed to VAT+Special Vehicle Tax) in my country.

With my current Taycan, I had ordered ACC and Innodrive (that comes with Active Lane Keeping) from the factory – but am going with the same approach you are doing this time round as it gives more flexibility.

I have not yet decided if I'll buy outright or go with the monthly subscription – I'll lean towards outright.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Hi all,

I've been trying to find information about the Lane keeping functions but the manual just confuses me.
I had a test Taycan that had the full innodrive on and I loved the way it automatically kept in lane at low speed and on motorway.

On the Taycan I have ordered I only opted for ACC (as well as lane change assist) and not Innodrive.
Do any of the lane keep/warning features come with ACC or do I need to go for full Innodrive? I've still got time to amend order.....

Thank you!
I’m biased because I have all of the possible options, but I personally would either spec them all or only get ACC.

Innodrive is nice once you learn (1) how to adjust the default settings; and (2) how to use it. If you go for it all, also spec heads up display as it is very useful in communicating about the system while you are using it.

And don’t listen anyone who does not have it go on about how they prefer to drive their cars themselves. Innodrive does not obviate full attention and driving. It does make it easier to focus your attention on what really matters, and you will be less tired after trips where you can use it most (i.e., long interstate/autobahn road trips and stop-and-go traffic).

Unlike Tesla, it is not a driver-substitution technology, but rather a driver-supplementing technology. It seamlessly moves from assisting to driver override, which can be very disconcerting for ex-Tesla autopilot users until you get used to it and how to use it, which is very different than Tesla autopilot.

I recently found it very useful while driving at high speed in the rain in heavy traffic, and I was surprised at how well it worked despite the heavy rain. I was glad to have it.

Last edited:

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Question: Can the connected services be added and cancelled repeatedly? I plan to engage ALK and Innodrive for one month, twice a year for my drive from Maryland to Florida then back.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you all for the responses!
This helps alot as now I understand the functions better.

Quick couple of questions, is there any downside to adding using feature on demand rather than speccing to start with? And also, how much do they charge for the features with on demand?

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
So what exactly innodrove add? Or is it just a package of ALK, ACC and LKA?

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
By the way: is there an easy way to switch between adaptive cruise control only and active lane keeping ?
Adaptive cruise control without active lane keeping is better on B-roads. The active lane keeping is better on highways.

In Tesla you can easily switch with single or double pulls. Is there something similar in a Taycan ? Or do you have to go through the menus ?

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
By the way: is there an easy way to switch between adaptive cruise control only and active lane keeping ?
Adaptive cruise control without active lane keeping is better on B-roads. The active lane keeping is better on highways.

In Tesla you can easily switch with single or double pulls. Is there something similar in a Taycan ? Or do you have to go through the menus ?
The fastest way that I know of is to hit the mode button on the bottom side of the control stalk and then select or unselect the active lane keeping option in the menu that pops up in the left display.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Quick couple of questions, is there any downside to adding using feature on demand rather than speccing to start with? And also, how much do they charge for the features with on demand?
Don't suppose anyone knows this info? 😀

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Don't suppose anyone knows this info? 😀
Anyone? :please::)

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
Innodrive is separate from Active Lane Keeping (ALK); not sure why, but that's how it is. If you have Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) you can purchase Innodrive and Active Lane Keeping via Function On Demand (FOD).

My limited understanding of Innodrive is that it was actually designed for backroad driving, not so much as a highway ADAS function. Inndorive will automatically adjust speed based on signage (I think); fairly certain it is a geo-fenced system. ALK is essentially auto-steer, generally keeping the vehicle between the lines on the road way.

Innodrive without ALK uses Lane Keep Assist (LKA) to kind of steer you back momentarily if it detects the vehicle fading out of the lane. LKA works much like the Jaguar-Land Rover system.

IMHO Innodrive is pretty useless without ALK; I like having them on long road trips as they seem to reduce driver fatigue.

I do not know of a quick one-touch way to engage ACC alone. I generally do not want to use alone, but if I did I would press the button on the cruise control stalk and de-select Innodrive, ALK to have standalone ACC.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go to the Porsche Connect area on My Porsche website to find pricing and what services are available for your car.

Downside - more expensive.

Thank you @W1NGE & @QueenBean

So I am further confused, lol.

It seems cheaper to add them on after using feature on demand?

When speccing car:
Porsche InnoDrive + Active Lane Keeping and Intersection Assist - £2,172.00

On Demand:
InnoDrive - £759.00 One Time Payment
Active Lane Keeping - £759 One Time Payment
Total = £1,518.00

Am I missing something? The only thing I can't see as a feature on demand is the "Intersection Assist" unless that comes with InnoDrive anyway?

I do see in the notes it says: " The range of functions of the Function on Demand Porsche InnoDrive does not fully correspond to the option Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control. "

Anyone know what functions are missing?

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag

When speccing car:

On Demand:
Total = £1,518.00

Am I missing something? The only thing I can't see as a feature on demand is the "Intersection Assist" unless that comes with InnoDrive anyway?

I do see in the notes it says: " The range of functions of the Function on Demand Porsche InnoDrive does not fully correspond to the option Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control. "

You might want to search this forum and more broadly for "Innodrive" to get more information on th differences between Innodrive as a an ordered option from the factory versus Function On Demand. I vaguely remember some difference being discussed some time ago.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag

When speccing car:

On Demand:
Total = £1,518.00

Did you also include the cost of ACC via the on-demand route?
Sponsored