MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
I'm due to lockdown my Cherry Metallic 4S order for January/February delivery tomorrow. I've made the fatal mistake of refreshing my thoughts via the configurator and now can't work out whether the SportDesign Front Apron is justifiable at £2,180 (though the highlight on the SportDesign side skirts does seem to provide a visual benefit). I quite like the different design but from a manufacturing perspective can't understand why it is so much more costly than the standard apron. Aside from the apron profile, clearly the air vents are larger; does this provide any battery or performance benefit?

Any thoughts on the aesthetics too? (though I totally understand it's entirely subjective).
Sponsored

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
I'm due to lockdown my Cherry Metallic 4S order for January/February delivery tomorrow. I've made the fatal mistake of refreshing my thoughts via the configurator and now can't work out whether the SportDesign Front Apron is justifiable at £2,180 (though the highlight on the SportDesign side skirts does seem to provide a visual benefit). I quite like the different design but from a manufacturing perspective can't understand why it is so much more costly than the standard apron. Aside from the apron profile, clearly the air vents are larger; does this provide any battery or performance benefit?

Any thoughts on the aesthetics too? (though I totally understand it's entirely subjective).
a few months ago, I wasn’t a fan of the sportdesign front. Now, it’s a 100% must have option for me. Which cut down the ability to find a good used one by 99% and led me to ordering new. The front sport design just has a much more aggressive look in my opinion, and if that’s the theme you’re going for, I think it’s a must. If you’re going for a classier luxurious theme, then I’d prob go without.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Not worth the $ IMO.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

I'd skip the sports design apron and question the other parts. On other Porsche models it is more effective and aesthetically better than the Taycan implementation.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
MadCan

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
I was able to look at the two styles almost side by side. Minimal difference and apparently no performance benefit so am in agreement - not worth the very high cost. Thx for your comments.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
If your car is not dark colored, I actually like the Turbo, not the Turbo S front apron, since it will be body colored. In any case, it is something like 1% of the people who even look at your car will notice. Definitely not worth the $. But if you've got piles of it, have at it!
Sponsored