First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi,
I recieved a recall notice letter for my Taycan Turbo. It went in on Wednesday for the new software to be installed. The software was buggy, so I thought I may as well get the updates. However, the new version seems far worse than before.

Everytime I start the car the USB music source resets to the same song every time and forgets what you were listening to, when the car starts the PCM shows the config screen (below) rather than the home screen.
Porsche Taycan Latest Software Update 20200918_080011

The update did not fix the issue of the boot only closing halfway when you press the close and lock button.

I have also had three occurances where the innodrive will suddenly decide I should be at 20mph rather than 70. The sudden braking from the car certainly gets the pulse racing! The dealership have blamed this on having a dash camera, so I have agreed to remove it for the next few weeks to see if the issue occurs again.

Anyone else had these issues or can point to some solutions?

Thanks
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I never bothered with any of the updates for this very reason! SO far so good and if it aint broke.....

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I never bothered with any of the updates for this very reason! SO far so good and if it aint broke.....
My suggestion would be: Bother. There have been some very important updates, including prevention of a dead 12v Battery.

As a whole new category of vehicle for Porsche, they didn't get it quite right the first time. But they are making improvements. It gets better each update.

But, it's your car, and your decision.
Have fun. Drive fast. Take risks.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag

Everytime I start the car the USB music source resets to the same song every time and forgets what you were listening to, when the car starts the PCM shows the config screen (below) rather than the home screen.
How many tracks do you have on the USB stick? My experience is about 3000 is the limit of how many it can handle reliably. More works (up to their stated limit of 10,000) but the software ends up with other problems if you go north of 3k.

The update did not fix the issue of the boot only closing halfway when you press the close and lock button.
I haven't seen that problem. (except when my trunk was blocked by something)

I have also had three occurances where the innodrive will suddenly decide I should be at 20mph rather than 70. The sudden braking from the car certainly gets the pulse racing! The dealership have blamed this on having a dash camera, so I have agreed to remove it for the next few weeks to see if the issue occurs again.

Thanks
I eventually turned off that feature.
The issue (I believe through extensive us on my 11,000 road trip) is that there are speed limit changes in the Nav database that aren't real. The car detects the speed limit change and adjusts your speed. It's very annoying (read: Potentially Dangerous). Sorry, no "fix" beyond turning off that feature.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I haven't seen that problem. (except when my trunk was blocked by something)
Interesting, because mine also stops half way but closes completely when i press the "just close" button

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My suggestion would be: Bother. There have been some very important updates, including prevention of a dead 12v Battery.

As a whole new category of vehicle for Porsche, they didn't get it quite right the first time. But they are making improvements. It gets better each update.

But, it's your car, and your decision.
Have fun. Drive fast. Take risks.
I hear you Louv but I have (touchwood) not had any of these issues and so far so good. I won't be rushing for any updates until I hear of stability. Been through this with my Range Rovers, each update introduced additional bugs...

OP
OP
Eddie

Eddie

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Interesting, because mine also stops half way but closes completely when i press the "just close" button
That's the one! A friend with another Taycan has the same issue. So that's three of us!

It is different to it not closing because something is in the way. In that situation you get a beep from the car the indicate the issue. When it won't close, it just stops with no beep.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
That's the one! A friend with another Taycan has the same issue. So that's three of us!

It is different to it not closing because something is in the way. In that situation you get a beep from the car the indicate the issue. When it won't close, it just stops with no beep.
I've experienced it too... Haven't observed a repetitive pattern yet as to why it could occur and under what circumstances. It has happenned randomly so far I would say, and also with the touch of the ''regular'' close button in the rear trunk, not just the ''close and lock button''. No obstruction.
Weird.....

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had this problem as well. It was when I first used the close and lock button. I no longer have the problem. The only guess I have is that the closing sensor saw me too close to the car and stopped. When I push it and walk away it closes and locks withou fail.

To add to Louv’s point on the inno drive: I’ve also seen it treat conditional speed limits as general, e.g. a 30 mph turn limit for an off ramp being applied to me driving straight.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I haven’t taken delivery of Taycan yet but my Mercedes has the driving assistance pack and I find the “autopilot” works more reliably when you have the factory navigation on

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I had this problem as well. It was when I first used the close and lock button. I no longer have the problem. The only guess I have is that the closing sensor saw me too close to the car and stopped. When I push it and walk away it closes and locks withou fail.
Interesting, thank you! I only used the "close and lock" button 3 times and always stopped half way. I will try again...

drjhyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2020 4S, Cayenne 2020
Country flag
Just got my 4S Taycan night before last. Been monitoring the forum in advance. Previously had a Panamera, if I hit trunk lock button and walked away while it was closing it would stop. Found that had to wait for it to close to walk away, I believed (perhaps incorrectly) if the key fob is not near, that would cause it to not finish closing.

Slatibartfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3
Country flag
Just got my 4S Taycan night before last. Been monitoring the forum in advance. Previously had a Panamera, if I hit trunk lock button and walked away while it was closing it would stop. Found that had to wait for it to close to walk away, I believed (perhaps incorrectly) if the key fob is not near, that would cause it to not finish closing.
I too had exactly this problem with my 2018 Cayenne Turbo, regardless of where you stand/if you walk away or stay put/key in pocket or hand, With no reason the tailgate lock button would stop 1/2 or 1/3 of the way down.

You’d need to press it at least three times to get it to fully close. The tailgate close button however would work every time. Porsche acknowledges the problem and have had it back in to rectify it on more than five occasions saying that they have replaced sensors etc but it still does the same thing.

It’s ridiculous to hear that it’s a problem across all their models and they are not able to fix it.

Bill Smith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, 992 4S
Country flag
My 4S has been at the dealer more than at my home.
PCM not working Speedo only thing working. Awaiting part from Germany so they say!
Otherwise fantastic

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag

Thanks
Hi @Eddie
I posted this elsewhere but thought you might find it as a helpful solution to your InnoDrive experience. As others have mentioned I think the issue is erroneous speed data in the database causing InnoDrive to unfortunately hit the breaks. This weekend I found a section in the manual that shows how you can deactivate InnoDrive's ability to react to speed changes. With this setting off you will be prompted with the speed change and you'll have to manually accept it by pushing the control lever up (RESUME). If you don't accept it your speed should stay the same. I'll be testing this tomorrow on a long drive, but theoretically it should fix the problem of phantom breaking. See below for how this plays out...
Porsche Taycan Latest Software Update IMG_0445
Porsche Taycan Latest Software Update IMG_0444