f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
So I'm confused, my allocation is coming up for final configuration. Porsche dealership told me I cannot order the Burmester sound system upgrade and want me to proceed with my configuration without it. I am OK waiting indefinitely for the Burmester. So is the dealership right on this (or are they just trying to push me to get delivery of my car sooner without what I want so they get their commissions)?
My dealer told me the Bose would delay my delivery for 6 to 8 weeks if I went ahead with it in the final configuration in April (I didn’t consider the Burmester so don’t know how long it’s delay was thought to be) so I dropped Bose and it took 2 ½ months to build anyway so there were plenty of other shortages.
I wish I hadn’t dropped anything from my spec to speed delivery, because it was and is still super slow, I still have no idea when the car will be delivered.

I suppose if you can reliably ascertain how long the additional delay would be keeping the Burmester in the spec you could consider it but my experience was that such info was unreliable.

The western world is in a much bigger mess than people realise IMO with electronics manufacture and the Ukraine war.
Sponsored

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
My dealer told me the Bose would delay my delivery for 6 to 8 weeks if I went ahead with it in the final configuration in April (I didn’t consider the Burmester so don’t know how long it’s delay was thought to be) so I dropped Bose and it took 2 ½ months to build anyway so there were plenty of other shortages.
I wish I hadn’t dropped anything from my spec to speed delivery, because it was and is still super slow, I still have no idea when the car will be delivered.

I suppose if you can reliably ascertain how long the additional delay would be keeping the Burmester in the spec you could consider it but my experience was that such info was unreliable.

The western world is in a much bigger mess than people realise IMO with electronics manufacture and the Ukraine war.
Thanks; I don't mind waiting. your info helps.