CaramelBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've been patiently waiting for 7 months on my TTS and was thrilled to hear that it had finally arrived in Jacksonville via the Lake Wanaka on Monday.

Just found out from my SA (who has been fantastic and communicative throughout the process) that there is a stop sale due to the shortage of a certain Burmester part.

The affected vehicles are Panameras (971), Taycans (Y1A/Y1B), and Cayennes (9YA/9YB). If you're waiting on one of those and have optioned the Burmester sound system, it might be a while. There's apparently no estimated delivery date on the widget and a bunch of cars are affected. FML.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: X88

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I've been patiently waiting for 7 months on my TTS and was thrilled to hear that it had finally arrived in Jacksonville via the Lake Wanaka on Monday.

Just found out from my SA (who has been fantastic and communicative throughout the process) that there is a stop sale due to the shortage of a certain Burmester part.

The affected vehicles are Panameras (971), Taycans (Y1A/Y1B), and Cayennes (9YA/9YB). If you're waiting on one of those and have optioned the Burmester sound system, it might be a while. There's apparently no estimated delivery date on the widget and a bunch of cars are affected. FML.
Yeah it's really frustrating and sad when every option you spec in your build feels like a game of Russian Roulette, uncertain which optioned part is going to be entangled in a stop sale 😞

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
This is also at Mercedes’. Impossible to order this option there

KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
My car has been at my dealership since 6/23 with no ETA and only “we’ll call you as soon as it arrives”. So frustrating. They indicated they don’t see a lot of cars optioned with Burmester so they have no sense how long it may be.

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
This is also at Mercedes’. Impossible to order this option there
I am surprised it took so long to hit Porsche. Mercedes here has stopped letting people order Burmester on non S-Class for almost a year now....

KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
I called my dealership parts department today to see if they knew anything but no luck. They suggested I call PNA which went no where claiming the local dealership knows more than they do. Could be a week, could be 8 months they claim.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag

Same happened to me as well. Car delivered in early March, expected part arrival in late June. It did come earlier and I got my car end of May 2022

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
Yeah it's really frustrating and sad when every option you spec in your build feels like a game of Russian Roulette, uncertain which optioned part is going to be entangled in a stop sale 😞
do not put any fancy options --- car is bad ass even with 0 opts... that is why it is so fantastic car

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I only had to wait 2 weeks for the Burmester amp to arrive - hopefully it will not be too long.

VolcanoGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo, G63, Mini (Electric)
Country flag

hi- i’m hoping this is a little bit of a hopeful reply, but when my car arrived at the dealership, it was missing the Burmeister amp, and it arrived a week later for them to install. There were a couple of other small delays and I have the vehicle now. The stereo is amazing.

OP
OP

CaramelBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I just got some good news myself. My amp was shipped to the dealer and is being installed today. Perhaps those supply chains are unsnarling a little bit. Super excited and will post pictures when I pick it up!

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
So I'm confused, my allocation is coming up for final configuration. Porsche dealership told me I cannot order the Burmester sound system upgrade and want me to proceed with my configuration without it. I am OK waiting indefinitely for the Burmester. So is the dealership right on this (or are they just trying to push me to get delivery of my car sooner without what I want so they get their commissions)?

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
There’s another thread with folks saying it’s been removed from the configurator in some territories. I still see it in the US. Could be temporary, could be permanent. Nobody knows. I don’t think your dealer is trying to screw you, and if It were me I’d probably just go with Bose.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
There’s another thread with folks saying it’s been removed from the configurator in some territories. I still see it in the US. Could be temporary, could be permanent. Nobody knows. I don’t think your dealer is trying to screw you, and if It were me I’d probably just go with Bose.
Yes, I still see it in the US configurator.
Sponsored