Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My taycan Turbo s today charged for the first time to 275 miles on 100%. I saw three weeks ago 252 miles on 100% charge . What has changed ?
If what you saw was 275 miles on the center console or instrument panel immediately after charging to 100%, be aware that those estimated ranges values can be particularly overstated. Turn the car on and drive for fifty feet or so and the right-after-100% charging range number often declines immediately.
Sponsored

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any number of things - if still in it's first 6 months then ranges improve, if comparing seasonal changes they differ, if driving lots of short inefficient in-city trips followed by one or more efficient long trips your guessometer will come up with all sorts of changes :)

Here is the GoM values for my car after every charge over nearly 2 years - the most interesting perhaps the seasonal variability but also the impact of declining SoH!

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 8.32.57 AM.png
Whoa, that is some truly amazing data to have, thanks for sharing it. My 4S is sitting at about 90% SoH too, but I picked the car up in mid April 2021. Interestingly, I am not seeing a big difference in the estimated range. I don't check range mode, but in Normal mode during the summer time, I am still seeing it report essentially 250 miles on 100%. The one odd thing I've seen is that when I charge at home, the car always stops at 99% now - before if I left it on overnight it would always be 100% in the morning.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I use an OBDLink MX+. Probably way over the top but it works great in my Tesla as well as my Taycan. And it uses Bluetooth for Apple devices.
It is pricey but works very well.
Peter, I couldn’t connect device with their app.
I can see it as a bluetooth on my iphone, but connect (step 7) doesn’t work.
Maybe it’s because i don’t have internet access?
Also, see enclosed error message on my dashboard.
Any hints, since their support doesn’t work during weekend.

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread IMG_2119

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread IMG_2120

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Sorry I can not help now because I am not with my car. I have not seen that message and it looks like you are connected to the car, but not the app?

I will try to see once I am back, but that will be towards the end of next week. Sorry!

Reactions: B61

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can use OBDLink MX hardware. For Taycan use it with CarScanner app. https://www.carscanner.info/

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Sorry I can not help now because I am not with my car. I have not seen that message and it looks like you are connected to the car, but not the app?

I will try to see once I am back, but that will be towards the end of next week. Sorry!
No problem, i hope i’ll solve problems with their support.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I thought that mx+ comes with their own app, so i’ll wait for an answer of support.
It does come with its own app. Its own app does not work for Taycans, and many other EVs. Trust me. I have one. It works with carscanner app.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

IMG_2119.png

IMG_2120.png
Just a check but it looks like you are using the OBDLink app to connect?
Are you using an OBDLink reader or the MX+ reader which is not compatible with the OBDLink app I.e. you need to use the CarScanner app to link to the car - for ref I actually have both - the top end OBDLink tool and the MX+ and for the former the company rep actually recommends using CarScanner and not their OBDLink app as not all functions supported with EVs for the latter!

The other piece is to indeed check that the correct protocols we selected for whichever reader you are using.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Understood… i didn’t know that.
Thank you all…
i moved to @Tooney suggestion… few minutes later, it worked. :clap:
Ah - the web site has been acting weird for me as @Tooney 's post had not appeared/refreshed when I responded - apologies, I basically repeated :)!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Better read twice than never ;)
Sponsored