notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Side note - i thought that in the overview it had said remote lock/unlock was going to be added to the app. Did that not happen?
Did not happen for my 2020.
Sponsored

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I haven't gone on a road trip yet since the software update on my 2020 TTS. I am noticing better consumption during the regular drives to work. Used to be 33-34kw/100 miles on average and today noticed it to be 28.8kw/100 miles! Curious if anyone else is seeing better consumption?
Thanks, Quest786

Do you notice any driving difference now that it is rear wheel drive?

Chuck J
your CA trip inspired me to do my own!! All and all you felt comfortable with Electrify America's network??
You didn't really ask me, but I'll give you my experience. I did not have any trouble with the Electrify America chargers, but I was not able to chage at one destination at an Francis / EV Gateway charging station. Lucky for me I was able to get to the next one which did work, but was limited to 50KW.

Chuck J

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can somebody tell me if the new update makes it possible to use the Porsche Track Precision App? I have sport chrono on the car, but no app functionality. I believe this became available on later MY’s so was hoping that this would be part of the updated features :fingerscrossed:
I have a 2021 Taycan 4S and just got the uPdate. I tested the Track Precision app and while I got a lot farther in the app I eventually hit a point at which the app said my vehicle was not compatible. This is much farther than I have gotten to previously. I was even able to load Track Precision in CarPlay.

https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/taycan-gts/en/the-new-taycan-gts/porsche-track-precision-app specifically mentions 2022 and later for the Taycan. Lets hope it might still be possible with an update to the app.

This is a bummer because the Track Precision app looks really nice. If anyone is able to get this to work I would love to hear how.

Quest786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
Thanks, Quest786

Do you notice any driving difference now that it is rear wheel drive?

Chuck J

You didn't really ask me, but I'll give you my experience. I did not have any trouble with the Electrify America chargers, but I was not able to chage at one destination at an Francis / EV Gateway charging station. Lucky for me I was able to get to the next one which did work, but was limited to 50KW.

Chuck J
I haven't experienced any noticeable difference in acceleration or handling. I feel that suspension is a bit stiffer in Range Mode, but it may be just my imagination!

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
I have a 2021 Taycan 4S and just got the uPdate. I tested the Track Precision app and while I got a lot farther in the app I eventually hit a point at which the app said my vehicle was not compatible. This is much farther than I have gotten to previously. I was even able to load Track Precision in CarPlay.

https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/taycan-gts/en/the-new-taycan-gts/porsche-track-precision-app specifically mentions 2022 and later for the Taycan. Lets hope it might still be possible with an update to the app.

This is a bummer because the Track Precision app looks really nice. If anyone is able to get this to work I would love to hear how.
Finally had the time to test it on our car with the same results. Track Precision connects with the car but also says vehicle not compatible. Shame because we are going to a trackday next week and I would have loved to see the data afterwards.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Any possibility to remover the white guide lines when backing up the car (only picture with no help lines).
I had this possibility on my old BMW M5 Comp.
Its nice to have only picture when trying to park on white lines on the ground
I don't believe so

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I haven't experienced any noticeable difference in acceleration or handling. I feel that suspension is a bit stiffer in Range Mode, but it may be just my imagination!
Given the car is lowered in Range mode there is less suspension travel and could bottom out when at speed on undulating roads.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had an opportunity to test range today. Did a 218 mile round trip from 100% and arrived home with 21% charge/57 miles or a real world range of about 275 miles. I have a MY22 4S with premium battery and 20” wheels.

I did a similar trip before the update and it seemed to be about the same so I can’t say I have noticed much of a difference. This was predominantly freeway miles, local driving seems like the range may be a touch better but it’s hard to be sure.

Reactions: B61

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
After some day from update i've seen more range (30 or 40 km more) but i still have problem with apple music and now i've that i can use spotify i've problem with it too , after parking for some hours when i come back to the car many many many time the apple music stop to play songs after one or two seconds also if i change song, spotify stay in search mode for the infinite time.
If i do a reset of pcm all seems to be ok for a little period.
When i have time i will do a video.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Really depends on speed, Henke. If you were doing 75-80MPH I would say that's pretty good. If you were doing 60, not so much.

Chuck

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really depends on speed, Henke. If you were doing 75-80MPH I would say that's pretty good. If you were doing 60, not so much.

Chuck
How about 70-75mph? :D

Overall I am pretty happy with the range and also how the vehicle holds charge when not in operation. With my model S, it would lose about 1% every day and the advertised range was a joke - it was about 20% off or more. I'm seeing 50 miles more than advertised range although I notice a new range advertised on the Porsche website of 272. This appears to be done by AMCI and is range mode, I operated in normal mode.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How about 70-75mph? :D

Overall I am pretty happy with the range and also how the vehicle holds charge when not in operation. With my model S, it would lose about 1% every day and the advertised range was a joke - it was about 20% off or more. I'm seeing 50 miles more than advertised range although I notice a new range advertised on the Porsche website of 272. This appears to be done by AMCI and is range mode, I operated in normal mode.
Nice to know, Henke

Chuck J

Sushivore

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just scheduled my ANA6 uPdate with the dealer. I take the car in 9/13/2022. I hope to get the alarm issue fixed in the same visit.
Sponsored