BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You have to unpair and pair your phone again. Also, you may need to enable/turn on Android Auto on your phone. But yes, there is now an Android Auto icon on my main PCM screen.
Was your icon there before you unpaired and paired? I tried that and still nothing. Dang, this was the main feature I was looking forward to
Sponsored

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the version info showing for me, if anyone with a 20 and android auto wants to check theirs to compare
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 20220811_200251
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 20220811_200341

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
This is the version info showing for me, if anyone with a 20 and android auto wants to check theirs to compare
20220811_200251.jpg
20220811_200341.jpg
3793 is the version I have.

There should be an Android Auto icon on your Devices (bluetooth) menu for your connected phone. Should be the 3rd icon in the column. 1st icon is for phone calls and 2nd icon is for music.

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
3793 is the version I have.

There should be an Android Auto icon on your Devices (bluetooth) menu for your connected phone. Should be the 3rd icon in the column. 1st icon is for phone calls and 2nd icon is for music.
I'm pretty sure that's not showing up for me... dangit! Feel free to share a picture if you get the chance so I can make sure I know what you're talking about. The apple stuff works fine but I have Android and didn't see anything new pop up for android :(

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm pretty sure that's not showing up for me... dangit! Feel free to share a picture if you get the chance so I can make sure I know what you're talking about. The apple stuff works fine but I have Android and didn't see anything new pop up for android :(

DM'd you so we can keep this thread a little cleaner 😉

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can I use Android auto wireless and car wireless hotspot at the same time? It seems like when Android auto uses wireless for communication, my phone is disconnected from car's hotspot and is using mobile data.
To share the car's hotspot you need a separate data subscription for the PCM to be of any use. Sharing a mobile device as a hotspot is more practical.

You can only connect to a single network at a time either of which will need access to the internet if you want to access services beyond the PCM.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Same here. I tried, I couldn't move the "pointer" to invisible spots via the touchpad.
However, other improvements are awesome. now PCM is finally usable.
It seems you can't "hack" the passenger screen anymore either.
The workaround to get it active while driving is gone...
Maybe we gave it too much attention cuz obviously Porsche is reading along here as well!
OK WHO WAS IT?!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Not a big deal but I can’t seem to get that 3D Surround hack to work anymore after the update. Anyone else notice this?
It will work again…after you’ll give them credit card for FOD :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
arrggg...just received a call from my SA saying the update errored out, and they have to start over. It doesn't look like I'll have her back for the weekend :crying:

• Sad
Reactions: B61

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Huge fan of the new update. I've had too many bugs over the past year to list that so far seem to be corrected. One nice surprise is that locking my door by touching the handle finally works every time instead of 30% and start up of Sirius and Apple was taking 2-3 minutes and now does it immediately. Another surprise is that visually it looks better too. My car was at the dealer a few days and they warned me that installing can be tricky and sometimes they have to redo it several times so keep that in mind.
Jeff,

I assume you got it done at Hennessy? Mine is there for this now. Hoping it will be done today. Anything I should ask about or be on the lookout for before I drive off?

Brent

TaycanATL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4s, Tesla X Performance, F150
Country flag
Jeff,

I assume you got it done at Hennessy? Mine is there for this now. Hoping it will be done today. Anything I should ask about or be on the lookout for before I drive off?

Brent
Hi Brent -
I did get it done at Hennessy. I was traveling for a week and they had my car the entire time so I'm not really sure how long it took them, but they said it can easily be a couple days because it often fails during the upload process. Also, they do test it there to make sure it's working, and it sounds like many times it does not. In my case, all was good when I picked it up. I'm still much happier with both the look and functionality. Good luck!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've been advised 2 days as the dealer has admitted problems with others. Hopefully this is a generous safeguard.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Can I please ask- anyone with the update that uses Homelink, does the homelink window disappear automatically when you leave the geofence area? It always drives me mad that you have to manually shut the pop up window even once you opened the gate and driven off down the road.
I have the same problem. I’ve got it set up on the auxiliary button on the steering wheel but it still comes up twice on the display!!!

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My homelink comes on when I approach home. I then press and all is good.
It used to come when I was leaving the garage (super annoying as it blocked the camera), but now it doesn't come on as I'm leaving and pull away
Sponsored