B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I've been advised 2 days as the dealer has admitted problems with others. Hopefully this is a generous safeguard.
Same here.
i’m scheduled for Tuesday, August 16.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Just got my car back from getting the software update – including for me the most important aspect to this: the patch/fix to the 22kW charger.

Was surprised to see that my MY21 car with 22kW AC charger now has "Plug & Charge" option available. It was supposed to be originally available for MY21 cars but was pulled at the last minute for those cars that had optioned the 22kW charger.

However, I am on my 4th 22kW charger and I guess the latest one combined with the new software has enabled it. I wasn't expecting that. But I think this pretty much proves that the 22kW retrofit now being offered does deliver this option.

Last edited:

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got my car back from getting the software update – including for me most important aspect to this: the patch/fix to the 22kW charger.

Was surprised to see that my MY21 car with 22kW AC charger now has "Plug & Charge" option available. It was supposed to be originally available for MY21 cars but was pulled at the last minute for those cars that had optioned the 22kW charger.

However, I am on my 4th 22kW charger and I guess the latest one combined with the new software has enabled it. I wasn't expecting that. But I think this pretty much proves that the 22kW retrofit now being offered does deliver this option.
How do you confirm the plug and charge option? Doubtful the 20's got it right?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you confirm the plug and charge option? Doubtful the 20's got it right?
I haven't used it yet – but it was a new option on the "charging" app on the PCM that wasn't there before. I don't think you can get that option on MY21 or MY20 cars with 22kW option without having a recently replaced AC charger. How recent, don't know – I got a new one every six months!

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I haven't used it yet – but it was a new option on the "charging" app on the PCM that wasn't there before. I don't think you can get that option on MY21 or MY20 cars with 22kW option without having a recently replaced AC charger. How recent, don't know – I got a new one every six months!
That makes sense, thanks

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Just got my car back from getting the software update – including for me most important aspect to this: the patch/fix to the 22kW charger.

Two questions tigerbalm:
1. How much was the charger installed?
2. Does it use 240V 50 amp or do you have to change your service to 400V

Chuck J

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. How much was the charger installed?
I optioned the charger from the factory. It just broke 3 times resulting in me getting 4 different AC chargers installed under warranty! The underlying reason for the charger faults is addressed in the recent software updates.

2. Does it use 240V 50 amp or do you have to change your service to 400V
As I am in Europe it uses 3-phase power at 400V. The US orientated optional charger is different and I think runs on a single phase at 80A or similar.

I don't use mine at home – in Ireland there are 1000's of 22kW public chargers in every small town and village across the country – which is where this option is useful.

Reactions: B61

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I optioned the charger from the factory. It just broke 3 times resulting in me getting 4 different AC chargers installed under warranty! The underlying reason for the charger faults is addressed in the recent software updates.

As I am in Europe it uses 3-phase power at 400V. The US orientated optional charger is different and I think runs on a single phase at 80A or similar.

I don't use mine at home – in Ireland there are 1000's of 22kW public chargers in every small town and village across the country – which is where this option is useful.
Thank you so much, I should have noticed you were in Ireland, sorry.

Chuck J

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I'm like a child on Christmas Eve.
Today was Christmas for me and my MY2020 Taycan 4S. Mine was a pretty early build; I placed my order the first day they opened the order books and took delivery on September 3rd of 2020.

So far, I'm extremely happy with the update. The dealership had my car four days but they didn't really get started until yesterday, so the actual update took a day. They were nice enough to give me a Macan to drive in the meantime. In addition to the WNJ8 comprehensive software uPdate (which supersedes and satisfies the ANA6 recall campaign) they also completed the ACM1 (Hazard Light Recall) and ANA5 (Seat Wiring Recall) campaigns.

I spent about 30 minutes playing with the new features and gadgets in the dealership parking lot, and then I drove to an Electrify America station just to make sure everything still worked fine and spent another half-hour playing around with the PCM. As many have mentioned, it seems snappier and visually it's much more appealing. I like the colors and revised UI. Most of my time was spent playing with Android Auto, which I hadn't used much before, and I'm frankly amazed that such a huge update and increase of functionality was delivered for free to a two year old vehicle.

I haven't run into any issues or snags. Other than having to switch to my profile from Guest and re-pair my phone over Bluetooth, all of my profile, settings, favorites, and HomeLink settings seems to have been retained. I drove past one place where I have a saved geolocation for SmartLift and it didn't activate, but I came at it from a strange angle so I'm not sure if that's related to the update or not. Since mine is a 2020, the update does not automatically enable Plug-and-Charge, but I know that I have a path to it by upgrading to the 22kW onboard charger. I public charge extremely infrequently and the ~9.6kW PMCC home charging is more than sufficient for my needs, so I doubt I will bother.

It's of little importance to me, but I've been unable to find where they have allegedly relocated the power-distribution graphic. I thought it was moving from the left-tube of the gauge cluster to the PCM, but I can't find it anywhere. If I stumble across it after some more exploration I'll update this post.

All-in-all, I'm delighted with the update, very happy that Porsche retroactively applied it to MY2020 vehicles, and getting to play with all of my new toys on Christmas morning.

Brent

Last edited:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Besides colored icons there isn’t a lot of change from non-colored 2022. I took my car in at 7:30 AM tuesday and it was done this morning so 3 days. It doesn’t seem much faster, and so far Spotify keeps having an issue generating the QR code to link my account (shown below).
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 3064E894-4B08-4E94-8C03-62326DA5F81D

One small display bug is fixed where KM was shown in the charging widget for the custom home screen instead of miles, even though the number was in miles.

The voice assistance seems to work a lot better. I was actually able to navigate somewhere.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today was Christmas for me and my MY2020 Taycan 4S! Mine was a pretty early build; I placed my order the first day they opened the order books and took delivery on September 3rd of 2020.

So far, I'm extremely happy with the update. The dealership had my car four days but they didn't really get started until yesterday, so the actual update took a day. They were nice enough to give me a Macan to drive in the meantime. In addition to the WNJ8 comprehensive software uPdate (which supersedes and satisfies the ANA6 recall campaign) they also completed the ACM1 (Hazard Light Recall) and ANA5 (Seat Wiring Recall) campaigns.

I spent about 30 minutes playing with the new features and gadgets in the dealership parking lot, and then I drove to an Electrify America station just to make sure everything still worked fine and spent another half-hour playing around with the PCM. As many have mentioned, it seems snappier and visually it's much more appealing. I like the colors and revised UI. Most of my time was spend playing with Android Auto, which I haven't used much before, and I'm frankly amazed that such a huge update and increase of functionality was delivered for free to a two year old vehicle.

I haven't run into any issues or snags. Other than having to switch to my profile from Guest, and re-pair my phone over Bluetooth, all of my profile, settings, favorites, and HomeLink settings seems to have been retained. I drove past one place where I have a saved geolocation for SmartLift and it didn't activate, but I came at it from a strange angle so I'm not sure if that's related to the update or not. Since mine is a 2020 the update does not automatically enable Plug-and-Charge, but I know that I have a path to it by upgrading to the 22kW onboard charger. I public charge extremely infrequently and the ~9.6kW PMCC home charging is more than sufficient for my needs, so I doubt I will bother.

It's of little importance to me, but I've been unable to find where they have allegedly relocated the power-distribution graphic. I thought it was moving from the left-tube of the gauge cluster to the PCM, but I can't find it anywhere. If I stumble across it after some more exploration I'll update this post.

All-in-all, I'm delighted with the update, very happy that Porsche retroactively applied it to MY2020 vehicles, and getting to play with all of my new toys on Christmas morning.

Brent
Nice write-up I'm looking forward to how you feel charging speed and ranged are changed.

Chuck J

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Today was Christmas for me and my MY2020 Taycan 4S! Mine was a pretty early build; I placed my order the first day they opened the order books and took delivery on September 3rd of 2020.
Thanks for the detailing your experience. I also took delivery of a 4S in September 2020, but have not yet had the uPdate. What magic words did you use with your service writer to get them to perform the uPdate on your 2020? My service writer said my VIN is not included in the ANA6 recall, therefore no uPdate for me. My appointment for other service is a couple weeks away, so I still have time to try to fix this.

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Somewhere in this 30 page long thread someone posted a screenshot of a dealer stating all the changes after the uPdate. It showed ALK would also be updated. Is there anyone that uses ALK and noticed some change in behaviour?

Was at the dealer the other day and they gave me a brand-new cayenne hybrid with ALK, that thing was on rails on the freeway... Totally different from the Taycan. Hope this update brings some of that goodness to our Taycans.

Last edited:

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

I spent about 30 minutes playing with the new features and gadgets in the dealership parking lot, and then I drove to an Electrify America station just to make sure everything still worked fine and spent another half-hour playing around with the PCM. As many have mentioned, it seems snappier and visually it's much more appealing. I like the colors and revised UI. Most of my time was spend playing with Android Auto, which I haven't used much before, and I'm frankly amazed that such a huge update and increase of functionality was delivered for free to a two year old vehicle.

I haven't run into any issues or snags. Other than having to switch to my profile from Guest, and re-pair my phone over Bluetooth, all of my profile, settings, favorites, and HomeLink settings seems to have been retained. I drove past one place where I have a saved geolocation for SmartLift and it didn't activate, but I came at it from a strange angle so I'm not sure if that's related to the update or not. Since mine is a 2020 the update does not automatically enable Plug-and-Charge, but I know that I have a path to it by upgrading to the 22kW onboard charger. I public charge extremely infrequently and the ~9.6kW PMCC home charging is more than sufficient for my needs, so I doubt I will bother.

Brent

Same thing for my 2020 4s. The saved smart lift locations don't seem to activate. Thought it was just me. I may just delete all saved locations and recreate.

Android Auto rocks!

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
Had mine done. They had the car for 2 days.

Sound: Integrated Spotify finally makes the Bose worthwhile!

Phone: Wireless Android Auto is much better than wired. Even the few times I’ve not had to plug my phone in has been a joy.

Nav: Not having the red “Stop” button next to the distance to next turn/change (top right) is now much better having a red chequered flag top left. Route planner is much quicker in finding the route.

Centre Screen: Just looks and feels so much better. And it’s more responsive.
Sponsored