First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Today, i charged again to 100%.
From 41-100%, 53kwh went to the battery.
Estimated range: 365km only.
When i start the car (few hours later), estimated range 355km only….and after few hundreds meters, SoC dropped to 97%.
Usually, I spent 10% of SoC from work to home, today i spent 12%.
Outside temp: 19-20C.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
It's now autumn and so range is further impaired due to low ambient < 5C at night now.
Indeed - Houston however seems to be having an extended late summer-early autumn but at least low humidity, actually beautiful weather, but afternoon highs still reaching 80-90F and overnights in 60's soon to the high 40's-50s - point being the weather has not cooled enough here to be the primary cause of my post-uPdate drop.

rizwan

First Name
Rizwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wish - still a shortfall and charged a few times now.
Maybe it was four or five charges but each time the range increases. I think I have settled at about 265 miles at 100% that is driving in range mode with the air conditioner at half of the full setting.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Maybe it was four or five charges but each time the range increases. I think I have settled at about 265 miles at 100% that is driving in range mode with the air conditioner at half of the full setting.
No idea what month you build was (or if Sedan vs CT and whether or not with PB+) but might your car be still in a 'learning' or conditioning state re the predicted battery ranges?

It took my car (build Oct 2021) a full 4-6 months to lose the 'scatter' in my charging max. range predictions (plotted for both Normal and Range mode with AC off - see chart in last post) before predicted range in Normal mode with no AC settled to around 265 mile max range at 100% but with an equivalent Range mode prediction at 100% SoC with no AC of 280-290 miles of range.

rizwan

First Name
Rizwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
No idea what month you build was (or if Sedan vs CT and whether or not with PB+) but might your car be still in a 'learning' or conditioning state re the predicted battery ranges?

It took my car (build Oct 2021) a full 4-6 months to lose the 'scatter' in my charging max. range predictions (plotted for both Normal and Range mode with AC off - see chart in last post) before predicted range in Normal mode with no AC settled to around 265 mile max range at 100% but with an equivalent Range mode prediction at 100% SoC with no AC of 280-290 miles of range.
Not sure the build month but it is a 2021 I purchased in June 2021. The max battery prediction before the update was around 242 under the same conditions. I have the performance battery not the performance plus.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure the build month but it is a 2021 I purchased in June 2021. The max battery prediction before the update was around 242 under the same conditions. I have the performance battery not the performance plus.
Amazing range estimate - makes a joke of PB+ in UK and Europe!

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes. I personally find it a little easier to locate and press by the sliding method you describe
I have it programmed into the steering wheel diamond button so I don't need to stab at the touch screen for it.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
When i start the car (few hours later), estimated range 355km only….and after few hundreds meters, SoC dropped to 97%.
Usually, I spent 10% of SoC from work to home, today i spent 12%.
Outside temp: 19-20C.
using CarScanner App+OBD will help you to understand what's going on by e.g. showing the insane amount of energy the HV heater is eating and more.
Did you try it and post some results?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
using CarScanner App+OBD will help you to understand what's going on by e.g. showing the insane amount of energy the HV heater is eating and more.
Interesting that you found that.
Can you share where I can see that HV heater consumption. I have not found this so far.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thx, but I don't have OBD.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
heater current is HV heater in HV Amps.

here is a demo shot with random values.
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 1666081148711

this is my main view of the 5-pages dashboard I use and the config file is attached.

OBD device is only ~20-30 bucks and Amazon next day, check the forum search.

Attachments

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
OBD device is only ~20-30 bucks and Amazon next day, check the forum search.
I've been searching, but I haven't found.
I also checked amazon.de ... but there are lots of OBD devices and I have no idea what to select.
Any particular hint?

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
1: The 140/150kph bug is still there (with destination active it's 150, without it's 140).
This is not a bug, it is intentional.
Sponsored