Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I've been searching, but I haven't found.
I also checked amazon.de ... but there are lots of OBD devices and I have no idea what to select.
Any particular hint?
I use an OBDLink MX+. Probably way over the top but it works great in my Tesla as well as my Taycan. And it uses Bluetooth for Apple devices.
It is pricey but works very well.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Couldn't find MX+ on Amazon.de

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
please don't get me wrong and no offense, but I doubt the tool will be suiting well for you, if you are struggling with simple key word findings in this forum and Amazon.

• Haha

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Great thx.
I've seen it, but I was searching for MX+ in description, and I haven't seen label MX+ at all... might be time for new glasses :angel:

@rs38: i found posts related to OBD here, but I haven't found any link to the store.
Since I haven't used such device before, every "character" counts, I mean - I have no clue what to buy. Now, I know, thx to @Scandinavian :like:

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
my advice for OBD links would be:
check the recommendations of ABRP and CarScanner Apps. They know best from many customers.
I would recommend nearly any BLE adapter (tested so many of them) and OBDlink have well reputation and speed but a price too high (IMHO).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
using CarScanner App+OBD will help you to understand what's going on by e.g. showing the insane amount of energy the HV heater is eating and more.
Did you try it and post some results?
Do you have the heat pump?

Standard in UK and I think this when combined with the HV heater is much more efficient than without it.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
yes, I have heat pump installed but not thermal strategy of the Taycan is not always clear to me.
Quite sure it needs to have the A/C active to operate.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
This is understandably a long thread, I’ve looked but can’t see any mention of the brakes. Are they improved after the uPdate?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is understandably a long thread, I’ve looked but can’t see any mention of the brakes. Are they improved after the uPdate?
Not in my case not was I expecting there to be.

Mine went into re-learning mode for a few hundred miles but they are the same now as prior.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
Not in my case not was I expecting there to be.

Mine went into re-learning mode for a few hundred miles but they are the same now as prior.
Some are reporting improved feel and no no sudden loss of bite when gradually slowing at junctions.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Some are reporting improved feel and no no sudden loss of bite when gradually slowing at junctions.
I still have that so no change for me.

I think this is partly wrapped up in how braking recuperation works and disengages at very low speeds requiring pressure on the brake pedal. Recuperation tweaks did feature in the uPdate.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@Foxy @W1NGE check out this thread. Specifically last few posts. https://www.taycanforum.com/tsb-bra...ust-before-the-vehicle-comes-to-a-standstill/

In my experience the uPdate didn’t change the brakes at all but bleeding the brakes did. If you have a low pedal or that transition feeling just before you come to a stop, insist on getting the brakes bled.
I had my 2 year service completed on Monday which includes brake fluid change - same feeling as before (no change). I don't have any issue with my brakes and have got used to their behaviour (I have standard 4S brakes).

The brake travel recall I think is for North America (may not be for all Model Years).

Thx
Sponsored