Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@Foxy @W1NGE check out this thread. Specifically last few posts. https://www.taycanforum.com/tsb-bra...ust-before-the-vehicle-comes-to-a-standstill/

In my experience the uPdate didn’t change the brakes at all but bleeding the brakes did. If you have a low pedal or that transition feeling just before you come to a stop, insist on getting the brakes bled.
Agreed - I had the same issue where the car was borderline dangerous in that the brakes would lose nearly all bite unless you stomped on them at low speed. No consistency as you gradually slow down. Bleeding the brakes solved the issue.
Sponsored

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I had the same issue where the car was borderline dangerous in that the brakes would lose nearly all bite unless you stomped on them at low speed
I was reading a review of the Mercedes EQS today and found this statement to be interesting: "There's one thing wrong with the way the EQS drives. When regenerative braking is active, the brake pedal feels disconnected and you need to press it strangely far to feel any resistance. "

The full article:
I drove Mercedes-Benz's $141,000 Tesla rival and experienced the electric, screen-filled future of luxury cars (msn.com)

• Wow
Reactions: B61

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My experience for those who are interested:

1. Took over a week. Tech couldn't get the software to load. After five days he finally reached out to Porsche who instructed him to format a new USB drive and reload the image on that. That worked.

2. Lost everything. Login, favorites, Homelink, Smart Lift locations, charging profiles, etc.

3. Inquired about battery SoH. Asked for a number and got a boilerplate response: "Range is based on driving habits, environmental factors, blah, blah". Never got a number. Guess I'll have to order an OBD and check it myself.

4. Same old PCM. Just as clunky but now it's clunky with colored icons.

Time will tell how much, if anything, is fixed. I haven't really had many problems. Once the PCM rebooted spontaneously and once it locked up requiring the two-finger reboot. Some other minor quirks but overall it's been okay.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
4. Same old PCM. Just as clunky but now it's clunky with colored icons.
There are a few UX changes that are nice, but most of the issues with the Apple Music and Podcasts apps seem to be present still - amazes me that they can't fix a simple music player such that it can carry on playing where it left off reliably. Some of the bugs with the volume control not working seem to be fixed. I haven't seen the navigation prompt in German since the update either.

The status of charging stations is still inaccurate on the map, and I find the new search harder to use than the old one. Sure, it has more filters, but I liked the quick access to the Porsche Charging Service locations that the previous version had.

Other changes, aside from the colors:
* No more power meter in the left tube - now it is buried in the settings on the center screen. Big step backwards, no matter how much prettier it looks in the center screen.
* I have not see the Park Assist failure since the update (was at least once a week before, so this seems to be fixed)
* Spotify, if that's your thing (I don't have an account, so doesn't interest me)

I have not seen any difference in the efficiency numbers (best I can get is 3.0 mi/kWh on a long freeway trip). Tried Normal and Range mode (in fact, on one trip, switching to Range made adjusted the available range downwards which I found odd). Charging speed is hard to test since my local EA is only a 150kW and the one time I did stop at a 350kW since the update, they were both offline.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Well latest at home charging has brought my car back to where it was pre-uPdate in respect 'predicted' range in Normal/Range mode with AC off. Have seen a continuous improvement trend since drop post-uPdate but have not actually gained any addl. range - as before though, I am quite happy with these ranges being upper end of my original purchase expectations.

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 12.27.33 PM

Last edited:

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
you are actually showing the relationship between consumption and temperature, aren't you?

these are 436 Taycan short term trips > 5 km ("trip since" )from a total of 535 trips of 22600 km of the last 22 months showing the correlation of temp and consumption but may be less than expected. The size (area) of the dots is reflecting the distance of each trip
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 1667032793201

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you are actually showing the relationship between consumption and temperature, aren't you?

these are 436 Taycan short term trips > 5 km ("trip since" )from a total of 535 trips of 22600 km of the last 22 months showing the correlation of temp and consumption but may be less than expected. The size (area) of the dots is reflecting the distance of each trip
1667032793201.png
I don’t believe so as, as I mentioned in a previous response, temperatures here in Texas have actually being unusually stable (read hot/warm) throughout this period and the return to my max predicted ranges from a definite drop immed post uPdate has occurred with near identical trip distances pre and post update.
The only possible difference again is slight cooling/drying trend here (nothing close to what you’d classify as cold) that ought to at some point impact range I.e. considered maybe the fact I got my ‘old’ range back might argue for post-uPdate ‘improved’ range in slightly cooler temps but I’m not buying it as simply too hot here still and that data in the noise!

RonJBr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
Had a short trip from Netherlands to Switzerland last weekend. As usual PRIM is making unlogic decisions/recommendations. ABRP planner delta in ETA is almost 45mins-60mins! Also several times the PRIM keeps 'hanging' in loading chargerplanner, with no option than restart. Filing an issue at Porsche support (via de mobile app) resulted in an interesting question from Porsche support: what is ABRP.......

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I figured I'd start a fresh thread for us to share findings on the new software.

So far things I've noticed:
  • Apple Music sparks right up and works a lot more reliably. This is -without- the wifi hotspot feature, which expired for me and I didn't renew.
  • Apple Podcasts are also substantially more reliable. There were specific shows that the old version flatly refused to play; they now work well.
  • The park assist beeptone is slightly different now.
  • I checked out the charger search and filtered to 100kWh+ - found an EVSlow charger in Murphy TX that I didn't know existed.
Things I haven't yet checked, but I expect probably work now:
  • Does dynamic lighting now work with SiriusXM and Carplay?
  • Are trip "calculation thresholds" increased? Can I set a trip from Frisco TX to Flagstaff now and have it work rather than time out?
So far the overall responsiveness and fixes are making me quite happy indeed.
I still get my PCM locking up about 10% of the time; down from 40% of the time. The main screen will fire up and music plays but typically see a spinning circle until I do the 2 finger reboot. I had my software updated over a month ago. I assume there is not a more recent update?

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
I figured I'd start a fresh thread for us to share findings on the new software.

So far things I've noticed:
  • Apple Music sparks right up and works a lot more reliably. This is -without- the wifi hotspot feature, which expired for me and I didn't renew.
  • Apple Podcasts are also substantially more reliable. There were specific shows that the old version flatly refused to play; they now work well.
  • The park assist beeptone is slightly different now.
  • I checked out the charger search and filtered to 100kWh+ - found an EVSlow charger in Murphy TX that I didn't know existed.
Things I haven't yet checked, but I expect probably work now:
  • Does dynamic lighting now work with SiriusXM and Carplay?
  • Are trip "calculation thresholds" increased? Can I set a trip from Frisco TX to Flagstaff now and have it work rather than time out?
So far the overall responsiveness and fixes are making me quite happy indeed.
I’m having trouble finding my favorites once o plug them in. Also no visible listing of the channels I’ve selected.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m having trouble finding my favorites once o plug them in. Also no visible listing of the channels I’ve selected.
Favorites is now a top level media source, peer to SiriusXM, FM, etc etc.

Look for the star.

ZeeGerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S waitlisted
Country flag
My taycan Turbo s today charged for the first time to 275 miles on 100%. I saw three weeks ago 252 miles on 100% charge . What has changed ?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My taycan Turbo s today charged for the first time to 275 miles on 100%. I saw three weeks ago 252 miles on 100% charge . What has changed ?
Any number of things - if still in it's first 6 months then ranges improve, if comparing seasonal changes they differ, if driving lots of short inefficient in-city trips followed by one or more efficient long trips your guessometer will come up with all sorts of changes :)

Here is the GoM values for my car after every charge over nearly 2 years - the most interesting perhaps the seasonal variability but also the impact of declining SoH!

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 8.32.57 AM
Sponsored