DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Darek, what dealership did you go to for the update? Plano, grapevine, Dallas? I need to schedule an appointment but want to make sure I pick one who has done the update before.
The new center in McKinney. They know and understand the update and scheduling with them is pretty quick.

Word on the street is that Plano doesn't even know when they will have the update.

Adam33

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The new center in McKinney. They know and understand the update and scheduling with them is pretty quick.

Word on the street is that Plano doesn't even know when they will have the update.
Awesome! Did they give you a loaner and how long did the update take? I can’t wait to get it done now. Also, what year is yours? I called them they said they do not see that that recall for my 2020 Taycan under NHTSA. They only see the wiring harness upgrade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Awesome! Did they give you a loaner and how long did the update take? I can’t wait to get it done now. Also, what year is yours? I called them they said they do not see that that recall for my 2020 Taycan under NHTSA. They only see the wiring harness upgrade.
No loaners, but they Lyft'd me home and back.
The update took 1.5 days.

Log into my.porsche.com, you should have a big red recall notice there for ANA6.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well at least two bugs are still outstandi
  • Use Apple Music/SiriusXM/whatever, park the car, come back. Your original music source resumes (yay!) but then dies as soon as Carplay reattaches (boo!)
I have figured out a solution to this. In five months, I’m retiring and my cell phone will be shut off 24/7 except when I need to make a call. Problem solved.

Adam33

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No loaners, but they Lyft'd me home and back.
The update took 1.5 days.

Log into my.porsche.com, you should have a big red recall notice there for ANA6.
It doesn't show up for my car. I called into Porsche America and they said, the ANA6 is just for certain vins and my 2020 isn't one of them. But he said the ANA6 fixed certain issues like flickering screen that some Taycans had but not the upgrade that I was thinking about. He called that the cluster 37 upgrade.

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 1659195816236

Another member posted this below and it makes more sense to me. It sounds like yours had the flickering screen/black screen issue so your vin qualified for the ANA6 recall. Mine doesn't but at some point I will be contacted when my PCM can be updated and I think mine will fall under the WNJ8 but have no idea when they will offer me the upgrade. I called Mckinney twice this morning and no service advisors are answering, they just send me to voicemail.

There was a PCNA dealer comms email that clarified this as three distinct but related campaigns, all resulting in the full PCM update. (That post has since been deleted here, but is still findable elsewhere). Paraphrasing from that:
  • Campaigns ANA6, WNJ8, and WNK1 are all updates to PCM VR19.0.1.
  • Vehicles are only assigned to one of these campaigns, depending on the current software on the vehicle.
  • WNK1 vehicles have Cluster 37 already installed (colored icons) and only need the remaining update to the full VR19.0.1 suite.
  • WNJ8 and WNK1 vehicles do not have the potential screen flicker issue covered by ANA6.
  • ANA6 vehicles are subject to the black screen / flicker recall.

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
Mine is a March built 22 GTS with colored icons. But still has intermittent black screen.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
My ‘21 suffers from long delays when sending an address to the PCM from the app. Has anyone noticed if this has been resolved in this new uPdate?

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I saw that screenshot posted but for example on my MY2022, where is that button on this navigation screen? I haven't seen that button in the area shown.

IMG_7999 3.jpg
Do you have geofence enabled? And are you at your garage door location? Mine only shows up when I am home with geofence.

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
Has anyone been able to log into spotify? I get Err code 3011 unable to retrieve QR code. I also tried linking it from the Porsche app too but the car still provides the same error. Wireless Android Auto is working perfectly though!

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Has anyone been able to log into spotify? I get Err code 3011 unable to retrieve QR code. I also tried linking it from the Porsche app too but the car still provides the same error. Wireless Android Auto is working perfectly though!
Yes I was able to log in yesterday. Granted mine is a MY22 built with the latest PCM.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Apologies if this was posted somewhere else before. My car entered body shop 14th of July and exited 20th of July. Will it have all these new updates?

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally back after 3 full days. ANA5 + ANA6. I love the new uPdate. Faster and more better in every way.

Especially like that Homelink is available when you need it. Like when backing out of the driveway. Thank you Porsche!

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 819BD46F-D849-494B-99D2-4D6F7445B36A

Last edited:

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had my 2021 4S updated Thursday/Friday. The dealer picked the car up Thursday morning and dropped it off Friday afternoon. It lost some settings, like GPS auto lift and garage door control. It also lost the neat display that showed how much power was going to the front vs. back tires. I can't yet tell if he range has increased.

So far so good though.

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know if all current model years get increased range?
I have a MY22 which arrived with me end of May. The pcm seems to be up to date already with coloured tiles but was interested in knowing what other benefits this uPdate would give me, compared to older model years
Sponsored