Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
It doesn't show up for my car. I called into Porsche America and they said, the ANA6 is just for certain vins and my 2020 isn't one of them. But he said the ANA6 fixed certain issues like flickering screen that some Taycans had but not the upgrade that I was thinking about. He called that the cluster 37 upgrade.

1659195816236.png

Another member posted this below and it makes more sense to me. It sounds like yours had the flickering screen/black screen issue so your vin qualified for the ANA6 recall. Mine doesn't but at some point I will be contacted when my PCM can be updated and I think mine will fall under the WNJ8 but have no idea when they will offer me the upgrade. I called Mckinney twice this morning and no service advisors are answering, they just send me to voicemail.

There was a PCNA dealer comms email that clarified this as three distinct but related campaigns, all resulting in the full PCM update. (That post has since been deleted here, but is still findable elsewhere). Paraphrasing from that:
  • Campaigns ANA6, WNJ8, and WNK1 are all updates to PCM VR19.0.1.
  • Vehicles are only assigned to one of these campaigns, depending on the current software on the vehicle.
  • WNK1 vehicles have Cluster 37 already installed (colored icons) and only need the remaining update to the full VR19.0.1 suite.
  • WNJ8 and WNK1 vehicles do not have the potential screen flicker issue covered by ANA6.
  • ANA6 vehicles are subject to the black screen / flicker recall.
My work order simply said "ANA6" and I got the uPdate.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
My ‘21 suffers from long delays when sending an address to the PCM from the app. Has anyone noticed if this has been resolved in this new uPdate?
I had same issue before ANA6. Have not tried since but I doubt this will be improved. Seems out of scope and will remain an annoyance.

Adam33

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My work order simply said "ANA6" and I got the uPdate.
Dealership just called me back and said my car had 2 recalls and one was the wiring harness for seats and the other was WNJ8. The WNJ8 doesn’t show on Porsche Connect or anywhere. When I check for recalls all I see is ANA5. Doesn’t matter I know I am getting the right update now.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have figured out a solution to this. In five months, I’m retiring and my cell phone will be shut off 24/7 except when I need to make a call. Problem solved.
You joke, but I've considered giving up carplay over this bug. I really only use it for listening to texts and it's frankly kind of annoying since Carplay won't respond to the trackpad.

You have to touch the screen like an animal.

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Finally back after 3 full days. ANA5 + ANA6. I love the new uPdate. Faster and more better in every way.

Especially like the Homelink is a available when you need it. Like backing out of the driveway. Thank you Porsche!

819BD46F-D849-494B-99D2-4D6F7445B36A.jpeg
is the 3D surround view "bug" still there?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You joke, but I've considered giving up carplay over this bug. I really only use it for listening to texts and it's frankly kind of annoying since Carplay won't respond to the trackpad.

You have to touch the screen like an animal.
I use CarPlay to access Spotify,hear and reply to texts, and to grab cords from my calendar that will alert Siri to navigate me. And to make/receive calls. Maybe other stuff. I’m not aware of any glitches on that app….maybe I’m missing something? It’s interesting what works for one owner may not for another.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I figured I'd start a fresh thread for us to share findings on the new software.

So far things I've noticed:
  • Apple Music sparks right up and works a lot more reliably. This is -without- the wifi hotspot feature, which expired for me and I didn't renew.
  • Apple Podcasts are also substantially more reliable. There were specific shows that the old version flatly refused to play; they now work well.
  • The park assist beeptone is slightly different now.
  • I checked out the charger search and filtered to 100kWh+ - found an EVSlow charger in Murphy TX that I didn't know existed.
Things I haven't yet checked, but I expect probably work now:
  • Does dynamic lighting now work with SiriusXM and Carplay?
  • Are trip "calculation thresholds" increased? Can I set a trip from Frisco TX to Flagstaff now and have it work rather than time out?
So far the overall responsiveness and fixes are making me quite happy indeed.
I had mine done yesterday and picked it up today. All is good with a couple minor tweaks I remedied .
1) My internet radio was not working nor was Spotify showing.
2) My Porsche app showed my car in Private mode.
3) I had to go into settings and deactivate the “private mode” setting. Once I did that the above 2 issues resolved.
4) I had two messages in my notifications center. One was general service and other was tire sealant message.\
5) Dealership didn't charge car. Slight disappointment picking it up with 51% charge; same as when I dropped it off.
6) Still don't think Dynamic Ambient lighting changes on some inputs. I played with it and couldn't get it to change colors on different Sirius stations.
7) Liked the new HomeLink shows up on far right of the middle screen. I don't think that was there before. The icon is there but it didn't operate my garage. I still had to open HomeLink from main screen and then activate garage or use the hot button as I have configured it.
8) Rearview camera still sucks.

Pluses
1) PCM seems to run smoother and snappier overall but I never really had issues before.
2) New colored icons and features I have not drilled down into.
3) Most important to me: No more black screens, although verdict still out.
4) Cockpit button on passenger screen left side icons. Allows passenger to see configurable main dash items. (G-force, nav, etc)

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 820AD5E0-EB6E-4FBD-9603-2469995C649C

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 98EB8DB8-506C-4295-9A72-7FDD25A14A65

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread F7419A62-8126-43E7-95EF-51D74DAC0073

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread B2EAAF21-6E5F-4D01-B84D-C7737BB9E76C

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread D2870EB7-8722-4E4E-8424-28F3A003C31E

Last edited:

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Question regarding SiriusXM (of which, I have had many issues since getting my car in Sept 2020):

When car was first purchased, scrolling through the SXM channels, you could see what song/artist was playing at that moment. That functionality went away with the one and only major software update in 2021 that we've had for MY'20 cars.
Question: does the new version correct this problem?

Someone else asked above, but since they changed the software in '21, every single time I turn on the car, it says "Check Sirius XM antennae.
Question: Has this been resolved?

Since the software change in '21, it can take upwards of 30 seconds or more for SXM stations to play when you turn on the car (it could be a function of the antennae issue, if that truly was an issue and not simply a stupid message that didn't need to appear).
Question: Does SXM simply start with the car now?

Question for Apple Music:
I have noticed, when playing my playlists or previously played songs, or even radio stations, it plays the item one below the one I click on. For example, if there was 3 items on the screen, and I clicked the one on top, it would play the middle one. Very annoying.
Question: Has this been fixed?

Thanks to whoever responds to these questions!
I’m Interested in seeing if any of these issues having been resolved as well. Been on vacation but hope to get the car in the next week or two for the update.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had mine done yesterday and picked it up today. All is good with a couple minor tweaks I remedied .
3) I had to go into settings and deactivate the “private mode” setting. Once I did that the above 2 issues resolved.
4) I had two messages in my notifications center. One was general service and other was tire sealant message.

820AD5E0-EB6E-4FBD-9603-2469995C649C.jpeg

98EB8DB8-506C-4295-9A72-7FDD25A14A65.jpeg

F7419A62-8126-43E7-95EF-51D74DAC0073.jpeg

B2EAAF21-6E5F-4D01-B84D-C7737BB9E76C.jpeg

D2870EB7-8722-4E4E-8424-28F3A003C31E.jpeg
icons above your cabin temp should also be in color. At least mine are. See pics posted by others.

unless you are in the “please no color” camp….

Last edited:

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
icons above your cabin temp should also be in color. At least mine are. See pics posted by others.

unless you are in the “please no color” camp….
He just hasn't dragged it down. That's why they're not visible. :p

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
4) I had two messages in my notifications center. One was general service and other was tire sealant message.

820AD5E0-EB6E-4FBD-9603-2469995C649C.jpeg

98EB8DB8-506C-4295-9A72-7FDD25A14A65.jpeg

F7419A62-8126-43E7-95EF-51D74DAC0073.jpeg

B2EAAF21-6E5F-4D01-B84D-C7737BB9E76C.jpeg

D2870EB7-8722-4E4E-8424-28F3A003C31E.jpeg
I experienced the identical issues.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I almost hope they don't fix the random appearance of German on startup – Ziel Suchen. I consider it part of the personality of the car at this stage!
Sometimes, I cannot even get to Ziel suchen:

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 1659238645128

I wish they could "Verbräuche finden"!

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 1659238724139

Is that bug fixed?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Oh, your PCM calls the external network "4G" – which is what it is known as here in Europe – but European PCM's seem to show it as "LTE" which – at least I – consider to be a North American term.