WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Finally back after 3 full days. ANA5 + ANA6. I love the new uPdate. Faster and more better in every way.

Especially like that Homelink is available when you need it. Like when backing out of the driveway. Thank you Porsche!

819BD46F-D849-494B-99D2-4D6F7445B36A.jpeg
Wow the camera view looks much better now. It’s actually looks useable now.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The good news is after this one I think we can get proper OTA updates.

At least that is my hope!
If this update procedure actually has 65 separate steps for service techs to perform, it is unlikely that a single software update to the car is going to enable untrained Taycan owners without diagnostic equipment to install significant updates OTA in the future.

It isn't the PCM and car components lacking the right software for OTA, it is the entire update infrastructure and process - Porsche back-end IT systems, data links, update program code, and in-car components - that are inadequate for true "OTA".

If today's situation is that Porsche does not provide an easy-to-follow, goof-proof/reliable, and timely (minutes and hours, not days) update process for dealer service techs to use in the shop, it is unlikely that updates will be, or should be, turned over to owners at home.

Last edited:

Billocrates

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
Don't have my car yet (late 2022 build awaiting boat), but can someone test out the spotify integration and see how good it is? Also if Android auto wireless works reliably? Those are the two biggest things I'm looking forward to
Spotify works just great. Android Auto works as well but I have yet to test the functionality.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine isnt being updated till early Oct as I need a loaner for the 3 days (stated).

My main hope is that I don't lose connectivity to Internet radio every time I start up.

I listen more or less exclusively to it and when I start the car it usually plays for a very short time and then goes dead.

I then have to scroll through the media options (patchy!) to get normal DAB radio and then connectivity eventually returns for Internet radio. It's a right PITA.

I really hope that gets fixed.

Can any updated members confirm?

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Does anyone know if all current model years get increased range?
I very much doubt there will be a noticeably increase. It's technically more or less impossible to gain advantages of more than 1-2% (3-6km) if they didn't completely screwed it up before.
My assumption is that they never really decoupled the rear axis in range mode like pretended in the AWD display. According to the Audi Etron GT docs the complex 2 gear-box does not have a complete neutral state, which would really make sense, but to be honest I never was able to hear or feel or even log a difference although I already have the 2nd read drive unit as the first was squeeling and very noisy.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
From Porsche's description of the localisation issue – it sounds like its a timing bug.

I feel – though I have no concrete proof – that there is another very common timing bug on Taycan, where the COMMBOX (communications box) boots too late (or too early) but either way isn't available to route packets from the PCM to the external network via the LTE interface.

This can be one of the problems when the car appears to be offline but is showing LTE on the PCM screen, is in a high signal strength area but acts as if its disconnected.

Frequently Porsche Centres react to this by replacing the COMMBOX but you get the impression that is unnecessary as its not a hardware issue – its a wake up timing issue.

I'm really hoping stuff like this is resolved or at least improved with this new release.

The PCM codebase appears very "happy path" with – as you say – little or no resilience to things not going perfectly. It has not been battle hardened – especially to real-world network conditions and latency.

When they are developing for the PCM its connected by a hard-wired ethernet on their tables. It's going to take a while before the various negative code-paths are improved.
could not agree more!
this also explains why the 12V reset is solving many issues: they wake up in a defined order.

the Porsche Centers indeed often get the order from Stuttgart to replace one of the Com units when the 2nd level support is not able to reach out to the car/ECU after a complaint.
When I explain: "yes of course because it's parking most of the time in a underground garage" they shrug and blame each other. Trying to help like asking when did you try to reach the car etc. is completely useless, tried so much of that and once the client part of the issue is working fine, the backend API is down ( or their load balancer distributing weird as quite often not all customers have problems).

Last edited:

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
If this update procedure actually has 65 separate steps for service techs to perform, it is unlikely that a single software update to the car is going to enable untrained Taycan owners without diagnostic equipment to install significant updates OTA in the future.

It isn't the PCM and car components lacking the right software for OTA, it is the entire update infrastructure and process - Porsche back-end IT systems, data links, update program code, and in-car components - that are inadequate for true "OTA".

If today's situation is that Porsche does not provide an easy-to-follow, goof-proof/reliable, and timely (minutes and hours, not days) update process for dealer service techs to use in the shop, it is unlikely that updates will be, or should be, turned over to owners at home.
This seems to be a general problem for VAG and other German automakers. They haven't adopted much of the cloud approach in regards to infrastructure for their services. I have read that they are moving, slowly, towards a cloud services approach. But with legacy application stacks it's not much help. And even if they ramp up their approach to this it will take years.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
So, what exactly is new in this update? All I see is coloured icons, different homelink button locations, CarPlay in a new location, Android auto. I don't see any range difference on my 2022 Taycan. I don't really find it any more responsive than the last software, if anything, it's very subtle. I would have to use them back to back to notice.

I also notice I can re-arrange my icons, but I think we were always able to. The release seems to be quite stable, but I've only tested it for one day.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
So, what exactly is new in this update? All I see is coloured icons, different homelink button locations, CarPlay in a new location, Android auto. I don't see any range difference on my 2022 Taycan. I don't really find it any more responsive than the last software, if anything, it's very subtle. I would have to use them back to back to notice.

I also notice I can re-arrange my icons, but I think we were always able to. The release seems to be quite stable, but I've only tested it for one day.
the list of updates has been posted a couple times here and on other posts. Many changes are subtle. The one I am most interested in allows you to filter charging stations by speed of charge. Many updates for purpose of efficiency apply to models above the base (ie 2-motors). Camera image quality is improved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
. It also lost the neat display that showed how much power was going to the front vs. back tires.
How comes???
Does it mean that‘s not anymore on the menu to select it?

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine isnt being updated till early Oct as I need a loaner for the 3 days (stated).

My main hope is that I don't lose connectivity to Internet radio every time I start up.

I listen more or less exclusively to it and when I start the car it usually plays for a very short time and then goes dead.

I then have to scroll through the media options (patchy!) to get normal DAB radio and then connectivity eventually returns for Internet radio. It's a right PITA.

I really hope that gets fixed.

Can any updated members confirm?
My MY22 came with latest PCM still has issue with streaming music on vehicle startup, but I use Apple Music. Frustrating.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
How comes???
Does it mean that‘s not anymore on the menu to select it?
I have always been puzzled by that because my MY22 never had it in the first place.
Sponsored