4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
give it few more tries, it worked on my yet to be upgraded MY22 with no 3D surround option
ok thx but can you explain the benefit? I watched the video and I didn't get it. I really like the image on the left showing the vehicle in relation to the parking space and its enough for me to avoid doing anything stupid like hitting a curb or other car.
Sponsored

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone with HUD received this upgrade?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
ok thx but can you explain the benefit? I watched the video and I didn't get it. I really like the image on the left showing the vehicle in relation to the parking space and its enough for me to avoid doing anything stupid like hitting a curb or other car.
The 3D views feels more like a gimmick to me. I haven’t found a reason to prefer it over the other views. The top 360, front/back cameras, and curb view cameras are really more helpful IMO.

That said, here’s the easiest way to get to the free rotate 3D camera

Use the track pad on the center console for this:

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread A6315579-1443-4105-8959-AB6A8BC2B39E

First, highlight the second from bottom camera view. Then move right once and down twice. Then press down to click. You’ll be selecting the one of the hidden camera for the 3D view (the free rotate one). Rotate on the PCM (not the console track pad).

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 190A805C-1C37-4750-B3D8-F3727F122629

There are other cameras for fixed views, but they’re harder to find and work with since the yellow highlight cursor disappears when it’s on hidden camera views.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
The 3D views feels more like a gimmick to me. I haven’t found a reason to prefer it over the other views. The top 360, front/back cameras, and curb view cameras are really more helpful IMO.

That said, here’s the easiest way to get to the free rotate 3D camera

Use the track pad on the center console for this:

A6315579-1443-4105-8959-AB6A8BC2B39E.jpeg

First, highlight the second from bottom camera view. Then move right once and down twice. Then press down to click. You’ll be selecting the one of the hidden camera for the 3D view (the free rotate one). Rotate on the PCM (not the console track pad).

190A805C-1C37-4750-B3D8-F3727F122629.jpeg

There are other cameras for fixed views, but they’re harder to find and work with since the yellow highlight cursor disappears when it’s on hidden camera views.
I am inclined to agree with you - seems gimmicky and not value added.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Would be interested in more details how to do this. I watched the video, I think it was in German (which I do not speak), and toyed around on the trackpad with no luck :swear:
Search the forum for 3D hack - plenty of instruction there.

Fiddly to use .

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Aug 11 for me here in Dublin. If it permanently resolves – and I believe it will – the 22kW AC charger bricking the car – it will be a miracle update for me!
Didn't know that you are having problems with 22kw charger :oops: .
It works for me since day one (3phase, 32Amps, 400V).

btw: just got a "date" on August 16. They need a car for two days.
(i'm not the first one, they started with upgrades last Thursday.)

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Aug 11 for me here in Dublin. If it permanently resolves – and I believe it will – the 22kW AC charger bricking the car – it will be a miracle update for me!
That’s (was) a separate update from the uPadate, but if you haven’t had it done yet hopefully the update rolls it into one package or they do it at the same time. Did you never get the official notification for the campaign?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Apparently it does get rolled up.

Nope, never, despite many enquiries.
That’s poor, glad its rolled up though 😎. Had a few 7.4kW charges since mine was done..so far, so good (lasting long than the roof anyway..)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
That’s poor, glad its rolled up though 😎. Had a few 7.4kW charges since mine was done..so far, so good (lasting long than the roof anyway..)
Yeah, not great. If I didn't have a MY23 Taycan on the way, I might be a bit more pushy about it. Its not my Porsche Centre's fault – they've checked many times and the vehicle VIN just not showing up for the 22kW standalone update. They don't know why either.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does this mean that programming a joker key to advance to the next station/track now allows you to cycle through favorites if that is the selected “source”? If so that’s a big deal Porsche drivers have been waiting for.
The "sources" listed along the top can be reordered so you can move the 4 or 5 to show along the top. So I have Sirius, Favorites, USB and Apple Music shown. I also use the steering wheel joker button to skip to the next station as I almost always have "Favorites" listed as my source. The button will go to the next station in my Favorites list. I have added my favorite stations on Sirius, Internet Radio and will add in Apple Music as well. Pushing the button will skip to the next "Favorite" "Station".

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
I'm anxiously waiting my appointment for this update on 8/6, but can anyone confirm android auto will be wireless?
I think I saw the new function list say it was still wired. Unless I misread.

Quest786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
I'm anxiously waiting my appointment for this update on 8/6, but can anyone confirm android auto will be wireless?
I think I saw the new function list say it was still wired. Unless I misread.
Yes android auto is wireless with the uPdate. I have Taycan Turbo S MY2020 and android auto is working great. It took them 2 days to complete the update though!

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, what exactly is new in this update? All I see is coloured icons, different homelink button locations, CarPlay in a new location, Android auto. I don't see any range difference on my 2022 Taycan. I don't really find it any more responsive than the last software, if anything, it's very subtle. I would have to use them back to back to notice.

I also notice I can re-arrange my icons, but I think we were always able to. The release seems to be quite stable, but I've only tested it for one day.
You about summed it up...however, my '22 had the black screens about 1/3 of the time I would start in the morning. I had to constantly do the two finger reboot. This is why I felt it urgent to get fixed and so far, so good!
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: B61