BluBaby

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my car today at noon after the update was successfully applied. Took since last Thursday and the service advisor said there were several issues applying including Porsche's web site going down. So far so good as I didn't lose any settings and the PCM is stable. I like the new positioning of the Homelink notification when it detects it is within the Geo-fence area at the bottom of the screen. Colored icons are fine and not as garish as some of the pictures I had seen. No issues with plug and charge at an EA site either. My SiriusXM and iPhone connected flawlessly. I love the way the car handles and the acceleration now maybe I can say the same about the software. Porsche web site says I still need the update. :cool:
Sponsored

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
What’s the benefit of running Spotify or Apple Music through the native app rather than CarPlay?
Many of us don't like CarPlay. I like having access to these apps without having to go through Apple CarPlay.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Many of us don't like CarPlay. I like having access to these apps without having to go through Apple CarPlay.
I tried using the PCM, I like the ability to have three screens instead of 2. I can view the trip info screen as one of the three plus music and Nav. That overcomes one issue I have which is the right instrument cluster allows me to see either the info screen or the trip info screen. I’d like to be able to see both. The left cluster had items that I rarely care about.

The main issue is that car Nav sucks badly compared to smartphone Nav. Especially when you ar driving during busy traffic and need to route around it.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Is the sound better from the built-in SPOTIFY, APPLE MUSIC APP or Via Bluetooth APPLE PLAY or Via hardwire to the phone? Who knows??
Personally, wired sounds best to me. I'm not sure which level of fidelity the native app tries to use but on my phone I can force it to download the highest quality. Bluetooth uses compression so there will be some difference in quality depending on which algorithm it uses.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
About Confort Access. I've read that at the Porsche press release. Maybe I'm wrong 🧐
no you are right. I am waiting for this FoD since 18 months as it was already announced in early 2020.
Now they seem to have the technical soft prerequisites (only missing the frunk proximity sensor and twin-close button in the rear).
Would be keen to see if there is a try-for-free period like Innodrive FoD

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Personally, wired sounds best to me. I'm not sure which level of fidelity the native app tries to use but on my phone I can force it to download the highest quality. Bluetooth uses compression so there will be some difference in quality depending on which algorithm it uses.
I believe wireless CarPlay uses Bluetooth just to authenticate and connect, then depends on the car’s wifi. So audio playback quality is limited to the streaming fidelity of whichever app/track you are listening to via CarPlay. Perhaps try a blind test of Apple Music lossless tracks on wireless CarPlay vs wired vs BT?

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Is the sound better from the built-in SPOTIFY, APPLE MUSIC APP or Via Bluetooth APPLE PLAY or Via hardwire to the phone? Who knows??
From my experience in cars and my boat, a wired connection is always MUCH better sound quality than wireless.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
From my experience in cars and my boat, a wired connection is always MUCH better sound quality than wireless.
CarPlay is better than Bluetooth. In fact, audio quality is why Apple and others move to wifi-based connections over Bluetooth. In theory, wired can be best, but I’m not sure whether platforms or the actual cables serve as a limiting factor. In autos, I find that wired is not necessary as there are so many other limiting factors that most can’t hear the difference. I can’t in my Taycan with Burmeister FWIW.

Last edited:

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Dropped my car off this morning to get the uPdate and saw 4 other Taycans in the lot which I can only assume means they're in for the update as well. This could be a long wait....

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dropped my car off this morning to get the uPdate and saw 4 other Taycans in the lot which I can only assume means they're in for the update as well. This could be a long wait....
I was just told it will take 1 week due to limited technician availability...

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Personally, wired sounds best to me. I'm not sure which level of fidelity the native app tries to use but on my phone, I can force it to download the highest quality. Bluetooth uses compression so there will be some difference in quality depending on which algorithm it uses.
Thank you Mr Toast, I'll give the cable a try.

Albion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-22 Taycan 4CT, -84 911 3.2
Country flag
….
4) I had two messages in my notifications center. One was general service and other was tire sealant message.\

Pluses
3) Most important to me: No more black screens, although verdict still out.
Had my early my22 (dec21 build) done yesterday and picked up today.
After a few hours I also got a general service message in my Notification Center. Was that just a “fake” message? Saw it this evening so emailed my dealer/service center about it.

second thing though: for the very first time since car was new I got black screens / PCM rebooting while driving. Hoping this is just a one-off after the update, has anyone else got black screens/PCM-reboot after the MY23 update?

• Wow
Reactions: B61

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
CarPlay is better than Bluetooth. In fact, audio quality is why Apple and others move to wifi-based connections over Bluetooth. In theory, wired can be best, but I’m not sure whether platforms or the actual cables serve as a limiting factor. In autos, I find that wired is not necessary as there are so many other limiting factors that most can’t hear the difference. I can’t in my Taycan with Burmeister FWIW.
Ok, I know it is weird to quote yourself, but I now have more information. If you are using an iPhone, there is no difference in audio quality based on whether you use a lightening cable or wireless AirPlay (assuming no interference, which is rare and would be immediately noticeable). I hope this helps.
Btw, wireless charging and reception works great on my 5/22 build. I can’t imagine plugging in.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61