Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Ok, I know it is weird to quote yourself, but I now have more information. If you are using an iPhone, there is no difference in audio quality based on whether you use a lightening cable or wireless AirPlay (assuming no interference, which is rare and would be immediately noticeable). I hope this helps.
Btw, wireless charging and reception works great on my 5/22 build. I can’t imagine plugging in.
Thanks for the additional info. My impression is that older devices using bluetooth were definitely inferior to a wired connection due to compression etc. But I've also read that recent technology, especially Apple's, has greatly improved the wireless quality.
And FWIW - I think quoting yourself is still OK ;)..... it's when you talk to yourself AND answer yourself where you might want to get worried :oops:😂
Sponsored

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
Had my early my22 (dec21 build) done yesterday and picked up today.
After a few hours I also got a general service message in my Notification Center. Was that just a “fake” message? Saw it this evening so emailed my dealer/service center about it.

second thing though: for the very first time since car was new I got black screens / PCM rebooting while driving. Hoping this is just a one-off after the update, has anyone else got black screens/PCM-reboot after the MY23 update?
I had the General Service message but I manually entered into that message and edited the service date out a year and it went away after next time I started car.

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
Anyone without comfort access that is able to see it as a FoD? Only things I see in the store are the added tracking services and the data bundle for the WiFi. It used to have power steering plus as well, but that disappeared with the update for some reason.

alboogie7

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2018 Range Rover Supercharged
Country flag
Porsche Woodland Hills has had my car 4s 22 (Dec Build) since Friday. Today they told me the update keeps glitching.. Im disappointed and nervous as F right now...

• Wow
Reactions: B61

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Porsche Woodland Hills has had my car 4s 22 (Dec Build) since Friday. Today they told me the update keeps glitching.. Im disappointed and nervous as F right now...
Some one once said "never be the first person to try something new, but don't be the last one either". Think I will stay on the side lines for awhile on this one. This was also the advise from my SA at the Dealership.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
I took my car to Porsche Woodland Hills this morning. No word about any problems. When I dropped the car off I asked my SA if they have experienced any issues with the update and I was told no.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
2020 Turbo here, just completed WNJ8. LOVING the update! Took them 3 days due to needing to address some faults on first boot of the new system, but worked out great.

One thing I did notice is that they fixed the Passenger Display bug that allowed you to turn it on without a passenger in the seat. Not sure if anyone else mentioned, but didnt see it on this thread.

Sucks to lose that (was janky and clearly a bug so seemed inevitable), but the new update is such a huge improvement that it's more than worth it!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If you are using an iPhone, there is no difference in audio quality based on whether you use a lightening cable or wireless AirPlay (assuming no interference, which is rare and would be immediately noticeable).
CarPlay via iPhone uses a different audio codec depending on which connection is in use.

From Apple[1] :

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 10.10.44

When using wired/USB connection its using liner pulse code modulation – a lossless codec, whereas when the connection is wireless – CarPlay uses low-complexity AAC (LC-ACC) which is a lossy codec.

Therefore it is not possible to play Apple Music Lossless via wireless CarPlay and this appears to be backed up in this Apple FAQ: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT212183

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 10.19.11

===============================

[1] https://devstreaming-cdn.apple.com/...722/722_developing_carplay_systems_part_1.pdf

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
One thing I did notice is that they fixed the Passenger Display bug that allowed you to turn it on without a passenger in the seat. Not sure if anyone else mentioned, but didnt see it on this thread.
Ow!
That sucks!
Thanks for mentioning that. 👍🏻
Hmm, can anyone confirm that?
That would defenately be a deal breaker for me...

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
CarPlay via iPhone uses a different audio codec depending on which connection is in use.

From Apple[1] :

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 10.10.44.png

When using wired/USB connection its using liner pulse code modulation – a lossless codec, whereas when the connection is wireless – CarPlay uses low-complexity AAC (LC-ACC) which is a lossy codec.

Therefore it is not possible to play Apple Music Lossless via wireless CarPlay and this appears to be backed up in this Apple FAQ: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT212183

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 10.19.11.png

===============================

[1] https://devstreaming-cdn.apple.com/...722/722_developing_carplay_systems_part_1.pdf
Thanks. I don’t think that CarPlay has lower audio quality, but rather that it consumes more data if you are relying on a cellular network. But of course that doesn’t matter unless you have data caps.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
Ow!
That sucks!
Thanks for mentioning that. 👍🏻
Hmm, can anyone confirm that?
That would defenately be a deal breaker for me...
Why would anyone care if you can turn on the passenger display with no passenger? I like the passenger display on always...with or without passenger. Am I missing something?

iipabrewer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Enjoying my 21' Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been following ANA6 for quite a while and emailing my SA about an appt since before they knew what it was. I couldn't take the early Aug slots thanks to travel so grabbed Aug 22nd. Yesterday they contacted me to say it's taking 2-3 days to do an ANA6 uPdate so they need to push me out until Sept as they are overbooked. Very disappointing! Has anyone else run into postponements?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
anyone has lost recuperation on brake after the update?
No but remember the first couple of stops per day use real brakes only to clean the rotors.

Reactions: B61

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dropped my car off this morning to get the uPdate and saw 4 other Taycans in the lot which I can only assume means they're in for the update as well. This could be a long wait....
I did the same today, but was told the timeliness of its return depended on whether the software got kicked out after hour 4 or whatever, as it needs a continuous 6 hours to install.

I have a Macan loaner, which is both a nice (slow) car and one I can never imagine buying.
I have been following ANA6 for quite a while and emailing my SA about an appt since before they knew what it was. I couldn't take the early Aug slots thanks to travel so grabbed Aug 22nd. Yesterday they contacted me to say it's taking 2-3 days to do an ANA6 uPdate so they need to push me out until Sept as they are overbooked. Very disappointing! Has anyone else run into postponements?
No, I made the first available appointment and took my car in yesterday morning. They've had it since, and I have no idea how its going except that MyPorsche says the car is in privacy mode. For the time being I'm driving their loaner base Macan, which has very comfortable seats but is also a car I would never buy.
Sponsored