ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
The couple of times I noticed, it went away. after about 3 blocks away from my house.

I also like that homelink pop up is now at the bottom of the screen instead of the middle.

But I'm so patterned, I immediately close it after leaving house, and have not give it enough time to go away on it's own.

-ThinkMac-

Can I please ask- anyone with the update that uses Homelink, does the homelink window disappear automatically when you leave the geofence area? It always drives me mad that you have to manually shut the pop up window even once you opened the gate and driven off down the road.
Sponsored

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
The My Porsche Website, not the app. But as others have pointed out that red messagebox might be regional.

You can also look up your VIN:

http://recall.porsche.com
Also regional I'm afraid - my car shows no recalls pending. Although could be because mine is an early MY22 and the uPdate is just "nice to have".

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Received a call this morning at 7:00am from the SA at the dealership asking me to postpone my 8:30am appointment to apply the software uPdate. He said that their lead Porsche technician requested the delay based upon experiences of other techs who reported hardware failures after attempting to install the software. Looks like I need to live with the never ending stream of software glitches for another month or so.

The most recent glitch was for the GPS to refuse to route to the entered destination. Until the on/off switch was cycled the GPS insisted on routing to a destination we entered a couple of months ago regardless of the current destination keyed into the search field.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My first overnight charging session since the uPdate did not go well. Timer was set to have car charged to 80% by 6AM. The charge level was not got to 55% by that time and then it transitioned to a never ending “initializing” loop. I had to turn on direct charging from inside the car and unplug/plug the charging cable to it charging again.

TaycanATL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4s, Tesla X Performance, F150
Country flag
Huge fan of the new update. I've had too many bugs over the past year to list that so far seem to be corrected. One nice surprise is that locking my door by touching the handle finally works every time instead of 30% and start up of Sirius and Apple was taking 2-3 minutes and now does it immediately. Another surprise is that visually it looks better too. My car was at the dealer a few days and they warned me that installing can be tricky and sometimes they have to redo it several times so keep that in mind.
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 3A8452FB-D2B2-42B4-97C4-1CAFE53A2FBB

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
My first overnight charging session since the uPdate did not go well. Timer was set to have car charged to 80% by 6AM. The charge level was not got to 55% by that time and then it transitioned to a never ending “initializing” loop. I had to turn on direct charging from inside the car and unplug/plug the charging cable to it charging again.
They now even broke that. Previously it wasn't reliable when charging via a PMCC/PWCC and a Porsche HEMS (not available in the US). Oh boy :(

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They now even broke that. Previously it wasn't reliable when charging via a PMCC/PWCC and a Porsche HEMS (not available in the US). Oh boy :(
I’m going to delete the profile and timer and add them back. Hopefully no issues after that.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dropped mine off this morning. Tech said that I'm the 5th they will do. Said the first two were a nightmare, but that Porsche has new install software that made the next two much easier.
We shall see....

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had my update performed on 8/3/22 and 8/4/22. It has worked well so far. The PCM is booting faster and the Homelink is now on the bottom of the screen rather than taking over the entire screen. It seems to be a very large update that addresses the appearance of the onboard screens as well as the performance. I have been waiting for this sort of upgrade since July 2021 when I first took delivery of my 4S.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Everything went smooth WNJ8 uPdate on MY2020 - total time 2.5 days but that included 4 Tires, alignment, ANA5 wire harness recall and 2 year service. Interesting I did not lose the Homelink and stored Smartlift locations.

Seems like a great update but I can't get wireless AA to connect (works on the cable).
And the annoying "check your SiriusXM Antenna" message is gone!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you're using Porsche's charger, that is likely the problem. It's overheating and shutting off (there's another thread on this.)

I gave up and bought a wallbox, and I'm glad I did. It works well and I'm able to automatically import my charge history into my charge-tracking app.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you're using Porsche's charger, that is likely the problem. It's overheating and shutting off (there's another thread on this.)

I gave up and bought a wallbox, and I'm glad I did. It works well and I'm able to automatically import my charge history into my charge-tracking app.
It’s certainly possible but the thing that just changed is the software uPdate. My long career in IT has taught me to start with that as the most likely cause of the problem. I’ll move on to the PMC+ next if I need to.

alboogie7

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2018 Range Rover Supercharged
Country flag
Porsche Woodland Hills has had my car 4s 22 (Dec Build) since Friday. Today they told me the update keeps glitching.. Im disappointed and nervous as F right now...
Well, after 7 days at dealership replacing my rear windshield (under warranty) and them finally completing the updates, I picked up my 4S yesterday. Amazing...Its like getting a brand new car all over again..

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
I think primarily the benefit is on AWD models. My RWD wouldn't see much, and I am still climbing out of a range-sinkhole from my trips to CA and Austin so I can't tell anyway.
Okay so the "Range sink hole" is real?? I used to get 248 for 80%, and yesterday I made a roadtrip out, and this AM I was getting 215 at 80%

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Okay so the "Range sink hole" is real?? I used to get 248 for 80%, and yesterday I made a roadtrip out, and this AM I was getting 215 at 80%
Range all depends on driving habits and the system calculates based on usage. There is a thread here about range when new and how it gradually will go up with time. That reading is low since the car has not yet had enough time/hours to calculate since it gets started up, goes on the rollers, water test, shut off. Turned on again, moved a bit then off. Then parked at Emden, loaded on boat, shut of, etc...

Similar to older cars when the average MPG computer was reset: it provided a low MPG reading initially.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61