Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
ANA6 software update completed in one day without issues.

It is very heartening that Porsche finally came through with a major software update that brings older model year cars up to date. The various fixes and PCM UI updates are welcome. This is real progress.

Now, they need to implement over the air updates. I have been to the dealer 4 times in 18 months for software updates. This is very inefficient for both Porsche and their customers.

The one heartening aspect of these dealer software updates is that I get to drive a Macan loaner. When I get back in the Taycan, I realize how great the car really is.
Sponsored

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Dropping off my 2020 4s tomorrow morning for the big update. Currently, I am on PCM ver.3397 (2021) so I'll be getting a lot of updates. I'll report back on how long the update took.

Albion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-22 Taycan 4CT, -84 911 3.2
Country flag
I’m going to delete the profile and timer and add them back. Hopefully no issues after that.
my profiles and timers where the only thing that was deleted / reset after the uPdate - all other personal setting (incl ambient light etc) was stil there.

no charging problems either.

funny how everyone have different things in the settings that’s been reset or not.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s certainly possible but the thing that just changed is the software uPdate. My long career in IT has taught me to start with that as the most likely cause of the problem. I’ll move on to the PMC+ next if I need to.
Same here. When something breaks, the first thing we'd do is test it with the previous version and see if it works, especially if there was a recent release.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
In the US at least this has never worked. I suspect the rationale is safety, but I’ve never gotten a definitive answer on that.

Are you in the EU/UK? I think it does differ by region. Default behavior is taking the car out of park immediately puts the screen into standby, or turns it off, and there is no setting to prevent that. Even the work around was more of a hack, not a setting that said “leave Passenger Display on at all times” or anything.
I am in Plano (Dallas)...(Profiles show location in most cases). I have a '22, so not sure if that's different that prior years. I've never seen the passenger screen disabled since the day I got it. I am wondering if perhaps you are missing a setting in the interface. (Some of those ... menu items are hard to find.)

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Okay so the "Range sink hole" is real?? I used to get 248 for 80%, and yesterday I made a roadtrip out, and this AM I was getting 215 at 80%
Without question. Before I went to CA my range was 235/285 at 85%/100%.
After the trip it went down to 180 at 85%.

It was starting to recover, then I drove to Austin and back.

Currently at 199/85% and I have two more road trips this month so I give up :)

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It is very heartening that Porsche finally came through with a major software update that brings older model year cars up to date. The various fixes and PCM UI updates are welcome. This is real progress.
I agree, I dropped a note of appreciation to PCNA and I hope it makes it up the chain to the folks who worked on the update.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
Without question. Before I went to CA my range was 235/285 at 85%/100%.
After the trip it went down to 180 at 85%.

It was starting to recover, then I drove to Austin and back.

Currently at 199/85% and I have two more road trips this month so I give up :)
your CA trip inspired me to do my own!! All and all you felt comfortable with Electrify America's network??

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
your CA trip inspired me to do my own!! All and all you felt comfortable with Electrify America's network??
I did! I never had to charge more than 30 minutes, even with Mustang Block E's taking the 350kW pump on occasion.

The one piece of advice I have is to skip the Flagstaff charger (almost all are broken) and if you can, Albuquerque (throttled and slow.)

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Love this new package - picked mine up yesterday with the update.

This is a LONG thread and couldn't see scanning several pages, but noticed my drive/power disbursement view in the cluster isn't available anymore. Was that replaced with another view in the PCM, or removed altogether?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Love this new package - picked mine up yesterday with the update.

This is a LONG thread and couldn't see scanning several pages, but noticed my drive/power disbursement view in the cluster isn't available anymore. Was that replaced with another view in the PCM, or removed altogether?
The only one I have found is under vehicle->trip.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I was just out cruising around in normal mode and noticed that the downshift from 2 to 1 feels much better (faster reaction and more crisp) than before the uPdate. Has anyone else noticed this? I really used to hate that downshift but now it feels fine to me.

Reactions: B61

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'll be taking my GTS ST on a 2,000 mile road trip over the next couple weeks, so I'll be sure to post about that experience when I get back. I expect most of the trip will be 75 mph or below (family in the car, plus this color surely won't avoid police noticing me), so I'm hoping to see if I can hit 300 miles in a charge.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I'll be taking my GTS ST on a 2,000 mile road trip over the next couple weeks, so I'll be sure to post about that experience when I get back. I expect most of the trip will be 75 mph or below (family in the car, plus this color surely won't avoid police noticing me), so I'm hoping to see if I can hit 300 miles in a charge.
300 miles seems quite optimistic. I am around 350 km / 220 miles on a charge for highway trips traveling at 75-80 in an 2022 CT 4 with 20 inch wheels. At lower speeds 60-65 it might be doable. On road trips I take 250 km / 155 miles between charges. That’s every 2 hours. In general you should try to travel between 10 and 85% SoC.
Sponsored