PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Dropped my car for the big update (and 5 others). Service Advisor said it is easily 3 days. Found a tech who was heading in the garage. He said its about 12-14 hours if all goes well. Porsche has been actively working with them and updating the process. He said there is some babysitting to it, but that they do not get paid to sit and watch it all day. Saw a White Turbo S hooked up.

Asked about the retrofit on the steering column and got "we will check on it." :)

Have to say, the 2022 Macan loaner PCM was snappy, screen looks bigger and I like how it displays the tiles for your Favorite radio channels and seems to have more options (only played a bit with it). However, there is no cigarette lighter for my V1G2 to plug in! Asked the service guy and he said "oh they must have eliminated for 2022."

Researching a USB to Valentine cord!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dropped my car for the big update (and 5 others). Service Advisor said it is easily 3 days. Found a tech who was heading in the garage. He said its about 12-14 hours if all goes well. Porsche has been actively working with them and updating the process. He said there is some babysitting to it, but that they do not get paid to sit and watch it all day. Saw a White Turbo S hooked up.

Asked about the retrofit on the steering column and got "we will check on it." :)

Have to say, the 2022 Macan loaner PCM was snappy, screen looks bigger and I like how it displays the tiles for your Favorite radio channels and seems to have more options (only played a bit with it). However, there is no cigarette lighter for my V1G2 to plug in! Asked the service guy and he said "oh they must have eliminated for 2022."

Researching a USB to Valentine cord!
MY22 should have 2 12v sockets -

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 1663005359737

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I searched the Macan forums for a cigarette lighter. Here is a pic from there. Look at where it is hidden.

Except that trim piece is not removable in the loaner.
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread Macan Plu

Last edited:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well it was hidden. There is a little rubber matt that is pretty tight fitting. I got my finger under it and low and behold a lighter plug. You have leave it sort curled up.
Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread IMG_2873

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Does anybody else have any problem getting WIRELESS Android auto to work? I thought I'd try it since the update, and get it to connect unless USB-C is plugged in.
It prompted me to turn both Bluetooth and WiFi on, but won't connect. I've tried searching both here and online in general, both specific to Porsche and generic cars. I seem to have up to date phone software etc.
Anybody had this same problem?

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anybody else have any problem getting WIRELESS Android auto to work? I thought I'd try it since the update, and get it to connect unless USB-C is plugged in.
It prompted me to turn both Bluetooth and WiFi on, but won't connect. I've tried searching both here and online in general, both specific to Porsche and generic cars. I seem to have up to date phone software etc.
I had this issue and what I *think* fixed it was opening up the Android Auto app (not in the car) and toggling "Wireless Android Auto" on and back off, and then restarting my phone. That seems too easy to be true so not sure if that was actually the fix, but worth a shot.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It worked fine for me.

Both BT and wireless must be enabled and you must connect to both services advertised from your PCM.

Check that you have the WiFi hotspot enabled in the PCM first.

Cable connection should also work but ensure you have it connected to one of the two USB C data ports in the central arm rest (the two in the rear seat are charge ports only).

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I am doomed with that car...
just noticed they did not update the digital owner's manual in the PCM...not a huge issue of course, but they forgot so much, how do I know that WNJ8 and other campaigns were done correctly and completely?
is it a temp bug or isn't it possible to deactivate PIRM anymore?

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 1663059005846

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
you picked the sceenshot from the simulator as I did, but it's not possible in a real Taycan with latest updates.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
you picked the sceenshot from the simulator as I did, but it's not possible in a real Taycan with latest updates.
So I took a look and I think PIRM is always active assuming you have paid for it rather it being optionally turned on / off.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
that makes no sense for me to silently remove the (de)activation of the feature with WNJ8. I strongly assume this is another bug.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
that makes no sense for me to silently remove the (de)activation of the feature with WNJ8. I strongly assume this is another bug.
Could be but the driver's manual doesn't describe it either.which makes me think it's by design. Something to keep an eye on.
Sponsored