First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
nt read the manual. like i said,
Yea - Let's go read 200 pages to look for something that we don't know what to look for. Get real.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Got car back - mine a max optioned vehicle and cannot find a single issue after uPdate complete. Everything AOK and no reloading in or repairing of phone etc - nothing.

There was some eye candy (mega money!!) on the showroom floor including the more std Porsche bike rack for their SUV tow hitches.

Even the Android Auto feature working (did not test as an Apple user)
IMG_6884.jpeg

How hard would it be to add a pop-up color editor to change the vehicle to your car's actual color??

IMG_6886.jpeg

IMG_6874.jpeg

IMG_6876.jpeg

I think it the tractor is pulling ahead ;)

IMG_6877.jpeg

IMG_6878.jpeg

IMG_6879.jpeg

And here ye go - this knocked my socks off but I guess I'm just not plugged into things that cost this much :) - a PRE-OWNED vehicle that is selling for close to half a million dollars!

IMG_6875.jpeg

Tow-hitch mounted bike carrier with their latest electric bike - slightly odd 'mossy' green colored car.

IMG_6880.jpeg
I was in that dealership (Porsche North Houston) last week and enjoyed the same eye candy 😆

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350, Taycan CT4 Mamba green
Country flag
Black screens after uPdate?
Anyone?
Happened to me twice... all three screens became blank while driver's screen still works normal.
After few seconds, all screens started to work again, I just need to press "play" on AppleMusic again.

Never happened to me before uPdate.
Happened to me. Lost map screen in dash, lost screen during Apple Car play

• Sad
Reactions: B61

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My homelink comes on when I approach home. I then press and all is good.
It used to come when I was leaving the garage (super annoying as it blocked the camera), but now it doesn't come on as I'm leaving and pull away
Does your Homelink now show up at the bottom of the screen instead of the middle? Mine does and it is hard to hit the icon correctly on the screen. I have to touch the dash and slide my finger into the screen.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
The couple of times I noticed, it went away. after about 3 blocks away from my house.

I also like that homelink pop up is now at the bottom of the screen instead of the middle.

But I'm so patterned, I immediately close it after leaving house, and have not give it enough time to go away on it's own.

-ThinkMac-
Do you notice that with homelink at the bottom of the screen it is hard to hit the icon the first time to open or close the door? In the middle it was easy to touch.

Personally, once you activate, it should go away seconds after. I am like you, close the screen rather than wait a few blocks for it to disappear.

kappaOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does your Homelink now show up at the bottom of the screen instead of the middle? Mine does and it is hard to hit the icon correctly on the screen. I have to touch the dash and slide my finger into the screen.
hi
I had to figure it out too

you need to LONG PRESS

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Do you notice that with homelink at the bottom of the screen it is hard to hit the icon the first time to open or close the door? In the middle it was easy to touch.

Personally, once you activate, it should go away seconds after. I am like you, close the screen rather than wait a few blocks for it to disappear.
As cool as that feature is, I've disabled it and use the extra joker button for the garage. So much easier, try it and you won't go back.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes. I personally find it a little easier to locate and press by the sliding method you describe

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
Happened to me. Lost map screen in dash, lost screen during Apple Car play
I received my '22 GTS in June, so it was delivered with PCM 6...but lately I've noticed more PCM reboots mid-drive and also 3x in the past week the screens seem frozen with the Porsche and Taycan logos (PCM seems to be working in the background as I can hear the SiriusXM and Spotify, and can even skip tracks/stations).

The screens will stay like this for the entirety of the trip, but seems to work ok the next trip. No pattern as far as i can tell.

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.25.10 AM

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I don't know if this is already mentioned but two things I've noticed since the uPdate:

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 2022-09-29_15.53.11

1: The 140/150kph bug is still there (with destination active it's 150, without it's 140).
2. The voltage of the battery is raised, it's 13,5V instead of 13,4V.

Other things I noticed:
3. The work-around to activate the passenger display during driving is gone, hope I can activate this again by VCDS-tool (coming soon).
4. Still hate the colors now that I have seen them irl.
5. Android Auto only works with USB.
Is that supposed to be like that? (MY20).
Already tried to delete existing connection and set up a new connection.
6. I still don't see a homelink button when camera is active.
Is that a setting?

All in all I liked the old UI better.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't know if this is already mentioned but two things I've noticed since the uPdate:

2022-09-29_15.53.11.jpg

1: The 140/150kph bug is still there (with destination active it's 150, without it's 140).
2. The voltage of the battery is raised, it's 13,5V instead of 13,4V.

Other things I noticed:
3. The work-around to activate the passenger display during driving is gone, hope I can activate this again by VCDS-tool (coming soon).
4. Still hate the colors now that I have seen them irl.
5. Android Auto only works with USB.
Is that supposed to be like that? (MY20).
Already tried to delete existing connection and set up a new connection.
6. I still don't see a homelink button when camera is active.
Is that a setting?

All in all I liked the old UI better.
Android Auto (wireless) works 100% perfectly (ensure you aren't WiFi connected to the Taycan hotspot - in fact delete / forget this network) post uPdate.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Android Auto (wireless) works 100% perfectly (ensure you aren't WiFi connected to the Taycan hotspot - in fact delete / forget this network) post uPdate.
I'm not WiFi connected whatsoever but still I can't connect wirelessly.
I recall 2020 cars don't have wireless connection, is that right?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I'm not WiFi connected whatsoever but still I can't connect wirelessly.
I recall 2020 cars don't have wireless connection, is that right?
I have wifi connected for Apple CarPlay. In a MY 2020. And it is needed for CarPlay to work. The bandwidth is not good enough on Bluetooth only. Might be the same with Android??

Reactions: Dee

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have wifi connected for Apple CarPlay. In a MY 2020. And it is needed for CarPlay to work. The bandwidth is not good enough on Bluetooth only. Might be the same with Android??
With WiFi enabled on Android and no data package on the PCM blocks internet access from your mobile phone (not smart enough to skip the PCM hotspot and route via the phone). This therefore blocks ' Hey Google' commands and satellite imagery etc

Quality is perfectly fine.
Sponsored