Launch control - minimum battery charge?

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Tried to do a launch in my 4S this afternoon. Was in sport mode and pressed the brake and the accelerator. But it didn’t go into launch mode.

it worked yesterday .....

Could it be there is a minimum battery level? I was at 30%.

cheers
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
All this was done as listed?
Porsche Taycan Launch control - minimum battery charge? BE3155FC-900F-468B-9875-83386BEA31F4

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
All this was done as listed?
BE3155FC-900F-468B-9875-83386BEA31F4.jpeg
Yup. Tried twice. And worked fine yesterday.

Not sure if I was doing something wrong today or if there is something else going on like needing min battery level.

will try again tomorrow :)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup. Tried twice. And worked fine yesterday.

Not sure if I was doing something wrong today or if there is something else going on like needing min battery level.

will try again tomorrow :)
It’s possible there’s a battery temperature requirement. Any idea what your battery temperature was today at the time of “failure”?

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmmm good shout. No idea I’m afraid. Where do I find the battery temp?

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There was at least one reviewer that had the same thing, low battery prevents launch control.

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
"Operational readiness achieved"? That sounds like a bit of humor but that seems a bit out of character for Porsche?

Also "quickly the brake pedal again"?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Operational readiness achieved"? That sounds like a bit of humor but that seems a bit out of character for Porsche?

Also "quickly the brake pedal again"?
Right. A little typoo there.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Launch control worked today with 75% battery so I’m thinking there might be some undocumented minimum battery level for launch. Will just have to keep doing it at different battery levels to find out .....

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Launch control worked today with 75% battery so I’m thinking there might be some undocumented minimum battery level for launch. Will just have to keep doing it at different battery levels to find out .....
Hmm. Maybe. I'll make sure to do some testing as well. I'm going on a scenic drive tomorrow and I'll try doing launch controls every 5% once I hit 35%.

You know.. for science.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm. Maybe. I'll make sure to do some testing as well. I'm going on a scenic drive tomorrow and I'll try doing launch controls every 5% once I hit 35%.

You know.. for science.
That’s very kind of you @PanameraFrank

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Okay! It does seem to eliminate the ability to use overboost below 30% charge, I'll have to test more to find the exact number.

However, the car does still "launch" it just doesn't pop up the display or give you the extra power. You do seem to get all of the normal power, so it's just a marginally slower launch.

To be clear, even at below 10% the car doesn't seem to be limiting power, it just isn't giving you the extra overboost.
Sponsored

Last edited: