Launch Control procedure in Taycan 4s?

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Is there a procedure to do Launch Control in the 4S?
Also, do you have to add any options or packages to get Launch Control in the 4S, or does it come standard?
Sponsored

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Standard. Using it requires enabling the sport driving mode and simply pressing both pedals with your feet. And then letting the break go.

The sport plus driving mode requires the sport chrono package. However launch control will work with the regular sport mode.

As far as I know the sport plus mode lowers the car even further and stiffens the suspension even more. Not sure how much it affects acceleration & response if at all.

OP
OP
OMGitsME

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Standard. Using it requires enabling the sport driving mode and simply pressing both pedals with your feet. And then letting the break go.

The sport plus driving mode requires the sport chrono package. However launch control will work with the regular sport mode.

As far as I know the sport plus mode lowers the car even further and stiffens the suspension even more. Not sure how much it affects acceleration & response if at all.
Thanks, sounds easy enough. I did not get the sport plus driving mode. In your 4s how do you like the launch control?

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Thanks, sounds easy enough. I did not get the sport plus driving mode. In your 4s how do you like the launch control?
The launch control is nice, but it's in my opinion the only situation where I feel the car could have more power, for a bigger "wow" effect. But I have not felt this way in any other situation, if you floor it while driving it's very very impressive, at any speed, and I haven't felt that I need more power in those situations.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The launch control is nice, but it's in my opinion the only situation where I feel the car could have more power, for a bigger "wow" effect. But I have not felt this way in any other situation, if you floor it while driving it's very very impressive, at any speed, and I haven't felt that I need more power in those situations.
I was pretty impressed with the one LC event I did in my car — definitely fast enough for me. That said, I view it as a party trick and not something I’m going to be doing often at all. What’s more impressive , to me, is the acceleration at speed and instantaneous power - that blows away anything I’ve had before. I had my first real highway miles today and that power made all the difference in traffic. I never felt the car’s weight, but boy did I feel that acceleration when I mashed the go pedal!

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've come to the conclusion that the issue isn't with the power. It's the smoothness of the acceleration that makes it feel less abrupt. Maybe I'm wrong, but you still go very fast, it's just not whiplash, and I think that's because it accelerates smoothly.

I agree, however, that you could be going 80, and floor it, and there's no other car like it.

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've come to the conclusion that the issue isn't with the power. It's the smoothness of the acceleration that makes it feel less abrupt. Maybe I'm wrong, but you still go very fast, it's just a whiplash, and I think that's because it accelerates smoothly.

I agree, however, that you could be going 80, and floor it, and there's no other car like it.
Very true. For instance the launch control on my old Panamera Turbo FELT more impressive to me than the equally or faster Taycan Turbo. But that's because it takes a second and then you get a huge whoosh of acceleration

Ironically in every situation except launch control the Taycan 4S feels (and simply is) MUCH quicker than a Panamera Turbo.