Leather for white Taycan - Chalk or Olea Beige ($2450 extra)?

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
I have black now and it gets marked up and dirty and chalk will have different issues but I am counting on the leather treatment. . I have had two tone in another car and didn’t get tired of it, but I liked the color. Since we were looking at Panameras I can’t say for certain on the door but would rely on the photo.
Sponsored

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
Chalk is very light grey in person, not beige. You might want to see it in a car.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
One of the strange surprises with my 4S is the chalk interior. To me it looks light grey with a greenish tint. You heard it. Grey with a greenish tint.

Not what I expected. It doesn't look bad but not as good as I was expecting. Very very far from anything I'd consider white or beige.

I knew it wasn't beige and I didn't want that. But was expecting white-grey, not grey-white-green.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
One of the strange surprises with my 4S is the chalk interior. To me it looks light grey with a greenish tint. You heard it. Grey with a greenish tint.

Not what I expected. It doesn't look bad but not as good as I was expecting. Very very far from anything I'd consider white or beige.

I knew it wasn't beige and I didn't want that. But was expecting white-grey, not grey-white-green.
Well. I have apparently fucked up. The car I saw in Frankfurt was most likely crayon which I loved and I, an idiot, ordered chalk. Only now that I have the car I realized my mistake.

Well, shit happens. Not a super fan of my car's interior due to this mistake. The chalk looks grey with a green tint. And it's no mistake as it does look like that in the configurator.

It's easier to keep clean so I'll try to look at the positives!

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I have seen the Olea Beige and if you like a wow color combined with black seat backs and seats imbedded within a black look in the back seat, I say go for it. I have attached a photo for you to consider. I would think about getting Dark Silver versus the Neodine look as it did look better to me. I have seen the Black/Limestone Beige but in a sample only. I would would be concerned about jean wear on the chalk seat and have heard that you need to get protection for the seat or you will be unhappy.

Taycan Rear seat.jpeg
What type of protection can be used to prevent jean wear? My car has the Olea Club Leather Interior in Basalt Black/ Atacama Beige.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The car I saw at the Frankfurt show was covered with jean stains on the side bolsters. Really looked bad. I would definitely protect somehow.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
LeatherShield is supposed to be good. Ordered few months back, ready for the detailer to apply. Ive got crayon seats in mine.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
What type of protection can be used to prevent jean wear? My car has the Olea Club Leather Interior in Basalt Black/ Atacama Beige.
I thought it was an issue with the Chalk color only. When I was at PEC Atlanta, the person I worked with regarding the car said they only saw it on the chalk/white color. Since I am moving to a 2021 Taycan, I will have to defer to others since my production date got moved so far into 2020, I decided to become an early 2021 adopter.
Sponsored