Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Anyone tried doing this after the fact? I normally don't like anything aftermarket. But that plastic looks horrible. My biggest complaint about the entire car. Looks straight out of a chevy impala. Wondering if I can take them out myself, ship them for wrapping (i know a place) and put them back on. (And I knew about the factory option, 1- it was too expensive 2- came packaged with leather wrapped sill guards, who wants that?)
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Anyone tried doing this after the fact? I normally don't like anything aftermarket. But that plastic looks horrible. My biggest complaint about the entire car. Looks straight out of a chevy impala. Wondering if I can take them out myself, ship them for wrapping (i know a place) and put them back on. (And I knew about the factory option, 1- it was too expensive 2- came packaged with leather wrapped sill guards, who wants that?)
Did something very similar with a center console extension in my prior M4 convertible and was a massive improvement so indeed entirely doable (I did all the removal and reinstall and like you had a shop do the wrap) - just need to either find a thread here or elsewhere that’s removed them (I know the point of your question, sorry!) or alternately find a schematic of the part online which will show you all retention clips to allow you to know how best to remove yourself.

PS - that sills in leather option truly is bizarre :)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Couple of pics to inspire you :)

I did other mods internally too including getting the gear shift knob and base surround professionally painted in piano black etc. There was nothing terribly wrong with the OEM look but to my eye the center piece in piano black just really stood out and broke up the flow of the leather interior too much - so had it pro wrapped in Amaro brown to match rest.

Before:

Porsche Taycan Leather wrapping Taycan lower B-pillar trim IMG_5375.JPG

Porsche Taycan Leather wrapping Taycan lower B-pillar trim IMG_5380.JPG

And after with center console extension in leather - lighting really messes with the color drop of the Amaro - this pic falsely gives the impression of a color mis-match but in person it was spot on:

Porsche Taycan Leather wrapping Taycan lower B-pillar trim IMG_5844.JPG

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Pull trim out from the bottom edge until it's fully released and then pull it down towards to the floor to disengage from the upper B pillar trim. There's a couple of plastic teeth at the top that locate under the bottom edge of the upper trim.

I removed them to attach some Noico sound-deadening sheets but I think I'm going to get them re-trimmed in Race-Tex.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
The factory option for Racetex b - pillars was $460 and did not include wrapped sills. The leather covered b pillars were much more expensive and packages the leather door sills as well. I have the racetex b pillars and they seem to wear well, likely that's the way to go if you can get somebody to wrap them. As for removal and installation, can't help there.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
The factory option for Racetex b - pillars was $460 and did not include wrapped sills. The leather covered b pillars were much more expensive and packages the leather door sills as well. I have the racetex b pillars and they seem to wear well, likely that's the way to go if you can get somebody to wrap them. As for removal and installation, can't help there.
I have a 20 year old Cayenne with Alcantara pillars. They’ve held up extremely well. No matting, just a littile fading from the sun on the a-pillars. Lower sections of the b-pillar have worn well.

I may pursue wrapping the lowers of my b-pillars in leather. If they Turn out poorly, the plastic replacements are relatively cheap.
Sponsored