Leaving my Taycan for 6 months. Leave it plugged in or not?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
How do you turn off internal monitoring on the Taycan?
Was echoing the earlier post but there is a way I believe but apologies can't recall right now and don't have my car with me to look - you can also set the car up to ask you whether you want to have internal monitoring on or off every time you exit - someone else can chime in or maybe do a look on the simulator :)!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
There's an inconsistency.
Why store it at 50% but activate a general profile which charges it to 85%?
That doesn't make sense.
Yes that does not make any sense.

Inconsistency is a consistent issue with information for the Taycan!
There is no mention of the trickle charger here but that is stated in the Good to Know app!

Reactions: Dee

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
How do you turn off internal monitoring on the Taycan?
If you shut down the car with the on/off button on the left of the steering wheel, a message will appear about interior monitoring being activated. Uncheck the choice box at that moment.

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
If you shut down the car with the on/off button on the left of the steering wheel, a message will appear about interior monitoring being activated. Uncheck the choice box at that moment.
Perfect thanks!!!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Porsche document about long-term Taycan storage was updated March, 2022. The revision added item 13.

"13. The 12-volt Lithium-Ion battery must be charged every 8 weeks the vehicle is in storage.

The 12-volt battery must only be charged using a suitable battery charger that has a current and voltage-controlled charge map. To guarantee a sufficient charge, it is recommended to charge the vehicle electrical system battery as follows:
• Voltage:14.4 V
• Charge current: 80 A
• Charging time: at least 65 minutes

If leaving the vehicle parked or in storage for a period greater than 3 months, contact an authorized Porsche dealer for further information and advice."

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The Porsche document about long-term Taycan storage was updated March, 2022. The revision added item 13.

"13. The 12-volt Lithium-Ion battery must be charged every 8 weeks the vehicle is in storage.

The 12-volt battery must only be charged using a suitable battery charger that has a current and voltage-controlled charge map. To guarantee a sufficient charge, it is recommended to charge the vehicle electrical system battery as follows:
• Voltage:14.4 V
• Charge current: 80 A
• Charging time: at least 65 minutes

If leaving the vehicle parked or in storage for a period greater than 3 months, contact an authorized Porsche dealer for further information and advice."
So, driving the car once every two months is sufficient enough to maintain the 12V battery.
Check if voltage is over 13,4V (mostly 14,4V).
When steady at 13,4V you can story it again for the next two months.
How am I doing? 😁

s5urf

First Name
stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
How? Asking because mine went flat just now leaving it for two weeks.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Leaving my Taycan for 6 months. Leave it plugged in or not? Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 5.26.02 AM

Protecting against battery damage is important, but don't neglect the basics. This is a pic I snapped last week at a local Porsche dealership. The car's owner apparently tended to his batteries and tires when putting the car into long term storage, but neglected to protect against mice. The little suckers invaded the car, built nests, raised families, chewed through wires and, of course, crapped/pissed in every imaginable nook and cranny (leaving a godawful stench throughout the car). The service tech said they would likely spend over 100 hours to take the car apart and fix this mess. Bottom line: Establish a quality perimeter with traps, poisons, etc. to keep the rodents away from the Taycan during storage.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 5.26.02 AM.png

Protecting against battery damage is important, but don't neglect the basics. This is a pic I snapped last week at a local Porsche dealership. The car's owner apparently tended to his batteries and tires when putting the car into long term storage, but neglected to protect against mice. The little suckers invaded the car, built nests, raised families, chewed through wires and, of course, crapped/pissed in every imaginable nook and cranny (leaving a godawful stench throughout the car). The service tech said they would likely spend over 100 hours to take the car apart and fix this mess. Bottom line: Establish a quality perimeter with traps, poisons, etc. to keep the rodents away from the Taycan during storage.
Holy crap (pun intended!) - curious to see exactly where and/or under what conditions the car was stored - must be particularly prone to vermin invasion i.e. our garage fairly well ventilated etc and never had mice issues but doesn't mean they'd never occur! But man, what a nightmare.

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Can someone direct me to the proper trickle charger for the Taycan 12 V battery, thanks

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Can someone direct me to the proper trickle charger for the Taycan 12 V battery, thanks
According to the manual, leave it plugged in with the supplied charger. Keep it around 50% SOC.