LED Matrix Headlights?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
“LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Glacier Blue incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)”

Trying to decide on this option. Has anyone seen this? What do you think? What is “PDLS” anyhew?
Sponsored

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you pick the Premium Package option here in the US, you already have PDLS+. So, the only difference is the Glacier Blue that makes the headlight housing and the Porsche lettering in the back look glacier blue versus standard clear (white) color.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If you pick the Premium Package option here in the US, you already have PDLS+. So, the only difference is the Glacier Blue that makes the headlight housing and the Porsche lettering in the back look glacier blue versus standard clear (white) color.
There is also a very slight difference in the housings of the individual LED's.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m getting a Turbo, PDLS isn’t listed under the premium package there. But I now see it is listed under the 4S. So I guess it’s standard for the Turbo. Thanks.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
“LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Glacier Blue incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)”

Trying to decide on this option. Has anyone seen this? What do you think? What is “PDLS” anyhew?
PDLS has been explained.....Pcars have had it, or they've had it as an option, for several years.
The Glacier Blue is for the DTRL's.....at least that was my understanding.
I am not a fan of DTRL's and have turned them off on any cars that we have. 'Blue' would be even more of a reason (for me anyway) to have them off. Nothing like pretty blue lights in the middle of the day to say to the local constable....."here I come and I'm fast and special.....point your radar gun this way".
Just my opin.......your car, do what you want.

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for all these informations !
But, what is "DTRL" ?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I am not a fan of DTRL's and have turned them off on any cars that we have.
They are a safety measure which don't impact the driver in any way. I'm curious why anyone would chose to disable it.

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I think they look cool, and I don't think that's what will get the officer's attention...

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
They are a safety measure which don't impact the driver in any way. I'm curious why anyone would chose to disable it.
Lots of cars here.....pay an arm & leg for auto insurance. I've found that tickets do seem to "impact" my wallet :) .
As I said.....to each his own.
On the road I very rarely am at-our-below any speed limit and rely on the best electronics I can find.........prefer to be nondescript.
Anyone who gets close enough to my cars knows what they are.
Can you honestly say that when you see a car approaching with slightly different illumination.....that it doesn't get a second look from you?
Your local constable would be any different?
Attention I generally don't need..........but that's just me.
I'm happy to admit.....they look cool.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lots of cars here.....pay an arm & leg for auto insurance. I've found that tickets do seem to "impact" my wallet :) .
As I said.....to each his own.
On the road I very rarely am at-our-below any speed limit and rely on the best electronics I can find.........prefer to be nondescript.
Anyone who gets close enough to my cars knows what they are.
Can you honestly say that when you see a car approaching with slightly different illumination.....that it doesn't get a second look from you?
Your local constable would be any different?
Attention I generally don't need..........but that's just me.
I'm happy to admit.....they look cool.
That is their main purpose: to make other drivers notice you better. ;) Not only is is safer for you, but all other drivers around. :like:

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
I have pdls+ on my car and I can't see any difference in use. Flick on the high beams and there's a blue indicator on the dash and they sure are bright. Oncoming cars do not make them dim and I cant see any change with the projection pattern. Are we hoping they will be activated at a later date if headlight regs change to allow motion?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you turn on the high beams they will be on until you turn them off. The automated system functions with them turned off. It will turn them on if it's dark enough, and only then will they dim for oncoming traffic..
Sponsored