isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I am not sure whether I should go for the LED Matrix on my Taycan Cross Turismo. I tried it last night, on roads where you have proper light I felt it was of no use and even on totally dark roads I was expecting the LED Matrix would turn the night into day, but I was disappointed because I felt that the amount of light was not that huge. Whats your experience? Or should I just go for standard LED , maybe with PDLS plus?
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I have matrix on a '21 Cayenne GTS and it's great. The auto dipped beam speed adjustment on highway is great as well as side illumination at intersections and dark neighborhood street illumination.

Taycan standard LED headlights are great and I'm currently driving a loaner 4S with matrix version. I don't see as vast of a difference/improvement from standard LED vs. matrix on the Taycan. I would just get PDLS+. That said, the startup and shutdown sequence is cool to see. :cool:

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I have matrix on a '21 Cayenne GTS and it's great. The auto dipped beam speed adjustment on highway is great as well as side illumination at intersections and dark neighborhood street illumination.

Taycan standard LED headlights are great and I'm currently driving a loaner 4S with matrix version. I don't see as vast of a difference/improvement from standard LED vs. matrix on the Taycan. I would just get PDLS+. That said, the startup and shutdown sequence is cool to see. :cool:
What startup and shutdown sequence ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am not sure whether I should go for the LED Matrix on my Taycan Cross Turismo. I tried it last night, on roads where you have proper light I felt it was of no use and even on totally dark roads I was expecting the LED Matrix would turn the night into day, but I was disappointed because I felt that the amount of light was not that huge. Whats your experience? Or should I just go for standard LED , maybe with PDLS plus?
100% tick the box. Features of the matrix lighting are disabled at speeds below 40mph and where street lights are present. On unlit roads it nicely lights up the side of the road ahead, further reach, better in adverse weather, keeps main beam on even when there is oncoming traffic (it just switches of certain LEDs in the matrix) - a real bonus, lights up motorway / road signs automatically and if you have Night Vision I think they'll light up an object in view (human or animal).

When lights are on and when you power off the Matrix LEDs do a short party trick of switching off from lhs to rhs - blink and you might miss it.

Previously I couldn't justify over standard LEDs but these are excellent.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
.... and if you have Night Vision I think they'll light up an object in view (human or animal).
Correct.
It just flashes twice, very cool but sometimes it's a bit premature.
Ah well, I'm quite impressed with the system and I'm glad I took it!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It knows not to flash (only light up) at an animal as it might startle it.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag

Keep in mind in the US out matrix headlights are crippled. They are locked at high/low beam only which defeats the entire ability to project high beam directed lights without blinding oncoming traffic. That’s where the Matrix lights would shine.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Matrix led is a must-have feature, it provides excellent visibility on dark roads with oncoming traffic, it just shadows the oncoming car and you can see everything around it (road, animals etc). Had it on my Audi so I expect it to be as good in the Porsche.
Sponsored