Let us know how your recall update (Powertrain Shutdown / Loss of Power) went

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Just had mine done today (AMB5, May 2021 delivery). I booked the appointment 6 weeks ago with a loaner, but when I arrived they had no record of me or my appointment. They still accommodated me and had the car in and out in 90 min while I waited. Car drives the same and all my settings seemed intact.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Got my car back today after 10 days in the workshop. This was not due to the recall (AMB5) update directly, but due to communication issues with the PCM. The update went smoothly after they changed some of the Connection and Communication modules. Car now drives, brakes and performs just like before, plus the benefit of all the PCM features working. I have not tried charging at HPC 350 kW as yet though. So far so good.

lubricious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bringing my car in tomorrow. Do you have to bring your charger? In May, got a call to bring charger but I didn’t end up bringing the car in as they were having poor initial experience. This time, no call to being charger. As it’s a distance to dealership, just wanted to see if others had to bring the charger in. Thanks

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bringing my car in tomorrow. Do you have to bring your charger? In May, got a call to bring charger but I didn’t end up bringing the car in as they were having poor initial experience. This time, no call to being charger. As it’s a distance to dealership, just wanted to see if others had to bring the charger in. Thanks
If you did not have the charger previously updated to WMA7 then yes you should take it in for upgrade.
Sponsored