RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Appreciate sharing your experience getting the recall update and how long it took and any issues since the update. I’m going on 7/28. Thanks
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Had AMB5 done 7/17. It took around 3 hours.

The shop was very nervous about it and told me if anything went wrong they might need to keep the car for several days, but it apparently went without incident.

The only issue I had was PCM losing audio output on the way home (likely not related) which I resolved by pulling over and rebooting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Which update?
There are quite a few updates now: WLC5, WLG2/WLG6, WMA5/6/7 and the latest one: AMB5.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
My car went in for AMB5 (already have WMA5/7) this past Friday (7/16). They couldn’t complete it. They said they were having problems pulling it over the network from Germany. The tech didn’t work on Saturday, so they’ll try again tomorrow (Monday). I know the car isn’t completely bricked because they moved it outside, however I can no longer connect to it via the app.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My car went in for AMB5 (already have WMA5/7) this past Friday (7/16). They couldn’t complete it. They said they were having problems pulling it over the network from Germany. The tech didn’t work on Saturday, so they’ll get again tomorrow (Monday). I know the car isn’t completely bricked because they moved it outside, however I can no longer connect to it via the app.
Normal procedure: the car is disconnected from all communication.
It's probably in private mode.

pod1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY2020 4S March build with 7000 miles and was reluctant to have any of the updates performed as the only issue I had was with the 12 V going dead. I attributed that to fooling with the app while charging as discussed in other forums.

The car finally went in on Monday for the updates and to repair some scuffs on the rims. WMA 5 and WMA 7 were done over the 2 days. The AMB5 recall notice came out midweek and they were able to update the car. The manager said everything went smoothly and without incident. We all heard of stories of boards that were fried and had to be replaced and I was hoping it was not going to happen to me.

I picked up the car yesterday and so far everything is working fine. I didn’t lose any of my settings and Apple car play came up automatically. The car appears to drive much better and feels even tighter in sports mode. As if the car wasn’t awesome enough. ?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
dropped friday late afternoon - will see when they have it ready - also having some other work being done - soft brake pedal and perhaps new tires…

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
dropped friday late afternoon - will see when they have it ready - also having some other work being done - soft brake pedal and perhaps new tires…
AMB5. In and out same day. No issues. my2020 Turbo

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am interested in the findings of soft brake pedal. Mine is also soft after WMA5, not sure if it can be adjusted.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Had my 2021 done Saturday. 1.5 hours, no issues.

Bmann312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I ran into this issue about 2 weeks ago. Fortunately, the error came on while I was stopped at a red light. My dealer said it would take 4 days for the software update and the German engineers were still having issues correcting this. Now I'm waiting on a part from Germany to fix this issue. I'm very loyal to Porsche, but this sucks. My cars been in the service center for about 2 weeks now.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
My car is ready for pickup. After a failed update Friday it apparently went ok today. Unfortunately my HUD is dead. ETA is 2 weeks for the part.

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer performed the AMB5 update today - car was ready about 4 hours after I dropped it off. No issues.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Here's a weird one: after taking delivery of my 4S about three weeks ago, I read (on this forum!) about the software recall.

Went to the manufacturer website, put in my VIN: "no recall necessary". Phew! No problem!

Then 3 days ago, an urgent email from Porsche Mothership: MANDATORY RECALL. MUST BOOK SERVICE APPOINTMENT!

Dang. So I booked the appointment.

Today, the service manager called me and said "Hey -- no problem, sir! I pulled up your car on the computer and your vehicle is NOT affected!"

I'm relieved, I guess? Kind of a case of right hand / left hand not checking their voicemails. Maybe?

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just arrived at the dealership in Austin about 30 minutes ago. My 2021 Taycan 4S is currently in a service bay and I'm watching from the gallery. I'm hoping (against hope?) that the update will be completed in 2 hours or less.

UPDATE: The installation of the software update only took about 45 minutes. My Service Advisor said mine was the second AMB5 update installed by this dealership and the first (he couldn't remember the model type) took about 90 minutes.

I did notice on the drive home that the cruise control wasn't working, I couldn't set a speed to keep, but everything else that I tested seemed to work fine. I'll try the cruise control again later today or tomorrow after the car has sat for a while. And I also received a notice that my Navigation maps had been updated.

I've also added screenshots of the Version information screen from the PCM.

Porsche Taycan Let us know how your recall update (Powertrain Shutdown / Loss of Power) went IMG_7898.JPG

Porsche Taycan Let us know how your recall update (Powertrain Shutdown / Loss of Power) went IMG_7900.JPG

Porsche Taycan Let us know how your recall update (Powertrain Shutdown / Loss of Power) went IMG_7903.JPG

Porsche Taycan Let us know how your recall update (Powertrain Shutdown / Loss of Power) went IMG_7904.JPG

Last edited: