W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Update went smoothly, however within just a few miles of driving (on the same day of receiving the car back from Porsche) I lost power on a dual carriage way. Scary.

Now what?

62AE4C58-5046-4432-9A53-B0E3688DB680.jpeg
Seriously? That's a total nightmare. Did they actually apply the update and road test the car? This is unbelievable and fortunately no harm was done.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Seeing this I start to think Porsche isn't managing the problem but managing the NHTSA.
Maybe they fix a few cars and hope the problems aren't big enough to initiate a new recall (with or without a new demand from the NHTSA).
My car is perfectly fine so if I get a recall letter I may skip that one....
I'm not looking for a solution for a problem that isn't there and surely not to cause one!
My god, this is getting ridiculous...

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
2021 4S, AMB5_5 only, took about 1.5 hours. The only thing I noticed on the way home was that if I hit the recuperation button and then enabled Innodrive, the recuperation icon disappeared from the dashboard, but recuperation was still actually occurring based on feel & the power meter. The icon came back when I turned Innodrive off.

It might’ve always been that way & I just never noticed, though.?

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Updated Tuesday. At the dealer 1.5 hours, no issues post update. 2021 Taycan Turbo

Bmann312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Alright guys after a 2 week wait, I finally got my car updated. It had a "fault in booster for pilot line open circuit." So the part that was installed was a "High voltage booster." Drove it in all modes on the way home and performed launch control. No issues. Still can't wipe the smile off my face. Just love this car! :cool:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
my update is done - it went drama free - car was done next day (dropped it off after business hours day before) - only delay was ordering new tires - mine are done.

picking it up tomorrow (friday 7/23).

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine’s finally done. Was in the shop 10 days with confusion about which update to install then covid problems, but actual update eventually went smoothly. Fingers crossed it works. Apparently dealer had another Taycan in for something unrelated but as soon as the recall letter was sent out, Porsche put a stop order on releasing the car back to customer until the update was applied. Porsche are vaguely beginning to take this seriously now.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mine went in today. I asked to wait for it (they offered a loaner). Within 45 minutes update done. The cleaning and washing of the car afterwards took almost more time :). Summarized, it went flawlessly!

Toreref

First Name
Tore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I got a sudden, unrelated, fault with the air conditioning. A local dealership took the car in the same day as I called them.

Turned out to be a faulty pressure sensor.

They also did the update at the same time. Delivered the car 16:00. It was ready the next day at 09:00.

I didn’t notice any difference after the update, but I had no issues before either.

Great service!

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did notice on the drive home that the cruise control wasn't working, I couldn't set a speed to keep, but everything else that I tested seemed to work fine.
I drove my car again yesterday and it turns out the cruise control not working was user error on my part. My guess is that while the update was being performed the button on the end of the cruise control stalk was pushed and cruise control was turned off. My steering wheel placement obscures that button from my view while driving and I never tried pushing it to turn cruise control back on until yesterday.

I have voluntarily placed myself in timeout for a day to RTFM before posting any other perceived issues...

Last edited:

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Seriously? That's a total nightmare. Did they actually apply the update and road test the car? This is unbelievable and fortunately no harm was done.
fwiw my car's odometer only increased 2 miles during the time it was in service for the recall update, so my dealership did pretty minimal testing (which is fine, I don't want them putting miles on the car).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just arrived at the dealership in Austin about 30 minutes ago. My 2021 Taycan 4S is currently in a service bay and I'm watching from the gallery. I'm hoping (against hope?) that the update will be completed in 2 hours or less.

UPDATE: The installation of the software update only took about 45 minutes. My Service Advisor said mine was the second AMB5 update installed by this dealership and the first (he couldn't remember the model type) took about 90 minutes.

I did notice on the drive home that the cruise control wasn't working, I couldn't set a speed to keep, but everything else that I tested seemed to work fine. I'll try the cruise control again later today or tomorrow after the car has sat for a while. And I also received a notice that my Navigation maps had been updated.

I've also added screenshots of the Version information screen from the PCM.

IMG_7898.JPG

IMG_7900.JPG

IMG_7903.JPG

IMG_7904.JPG
That's a really cool waiting room--almost like a teaching hospital’s surgery observation deck.

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Update went smoothly, however within just a few miles of driving (on the same day of receiving the car back from Porsche) I lost power on a dual carriage way. Scary.

Now what?

62AE4C58-5046-4432-9A53-B0E3688DB680.jpeg
2nd post today on FB Taycan group with the same thing, also after recent recall was done.