SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
@daveo4EV I'm curious whether your dealer found an issue or was able to adjust your brakes to reduce the soft brake pedal feel? I may have a similar issue and am bringing it in on Wednesday. At low speeds (like under 5 mph), my pedal kind of sinks down as I push it. The brakes don't grab where they normally do so it's a bit disconcerting.
Hmmh. I know off topic but I have also had this a few times. At slow speeds say when approaching an intersection or a roundabout with little visibility — and then needing to come to an abrupt stop as someone coming – I also had a soft brake pad. Brake pedal went down way too far in the process. My guess was that the car was first trying to regen and then realized the brakes were needed but the switchover (do to low speed?) was sloppy and slow.

PS: have not gotten a recall letter yet but been away for 10 days. Last time for the recall it came via a letter and not e-mail.
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I dropped my '20 Turbo off on Tuesday to have AMB5 performed. I had skipped all the previous software updates after folks were reporting the spontaneous power loss issue. Dealer called today to tell me car was ready for pickup. My receipt reported that WMA7 and AMB5 were completed. But it also said "WMA5 - Campaign Not Feasible". My service advisor had already left when I got to dealer to pick up car. Anyone else have their car returned without WMA5 performed? I will call my SA to find out, but would like any thoughts from this fine group.

OP
OP
RehobothTaycan1

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
@daveo4EV I'm curious whether your dealer found an issue or was able to adjust your brakes to reduce the soft brake pedal feel? I may have a similar issue and am bringing it in on Wednesday. At low speeds (like under 5 mph), my pedal kind of sinks down as I push it. The brakes don't grab where they normally do so it's a bit disconcerting.
I have the same exact experience at slow speeds. Since AMB5, my brakes haven’t felt the same as before. It’s hard at times to brake smoothly.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Well I took it in for the appointment and explained the issues and in the process found out that they had 9 Taycans in the shop already and one certified Taycan tech. So I decided not to leave it and asked them to schedule me into a time when my car isn't just sitting in the lot for a week waiting on 9 cars ahead of me. Anyway, I'll post an update after it gets looked at. Daveo4ev had his in for soft brakes per a prior post in this thread but the tech didn't find anything and just changed the brake fluid. Probably just a software thing that can't really be adjusted by the tech, but I'll post an update after it is looked at.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
So I emailed the service dept this morning to set up an appointment for my 2020 4S for the power loss recall. My service advisor checked the system and told me that all campaigns for the car were up to date. The last campaign I had done was the big update back in May that took a week to perform (the PCM had to be recovered before it bricked). I haven't received the recall letter, and have not experienced the power loss issue. My 4S is an early build (the first one on the forum to be delivered in the US). I thought the recall was across the board for all Taycans, but apparently not.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had AMB5 done last week with incident ( 2020 4S, 7500 miles ). I did not have the power loss in use thankfully.
As a side note my brake pedal is kind of soft too. I had a loaner 4S with PSCBs and the pedal was higher & firmer FWIW.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Still waiting for the OPC to hear back from a “ticket” with Porsche. I just want to drive my car ?

I wonder what will happen next?
@legataycan , have you heard anything back from Porsche on your post AMB5 power loss issue ? 2 weeks should be more than enough time to analyze this and at least determine if it was the same issue AMB5 was meant to address.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I dropped my '20 Turbo off on Tuesday to have AMB5 performed. I had skipped all the previous software updates after folks were reporting the spontaneous power loss issue. Dealer called today to tell me car was ready for pickup. My receipt reported that WMA7 and AMB5 were completed. But it also said "WMA5 - Campaign Not Feasible". My service advisor had already left when I got to dealer to pick up car. Anyone else have their car returned without WMA5 performed? I will call my SA to find out, but would like any thoughts from this fine group.
Is WMA5 the one for the PMCC and did you have it with the car? If not, perhaps that is the reason it wasn’t feasible.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is WMA5 the one for the PMCC and did you have it with the car? If not, perhaps that is the reason it wasn’t feasible.
Just spoke to my dealer. They explained that AMB5 replaces the WMA5 campaign. WMA7 is the one that updates the charger, which they did do. So they claim with AMB5 and WMA7, my car and charger are fully up to date. But one thing I noticed which is annoying, the SiriusXM channels listed in my Favorites no longer shows the song playing - it only lists the name and description of the channel. On the old version, the song/content info that was playing was listed in the Favorites with the channel name. Now, It's just the channel name and its description. I liked seeing a "preview" of what was on that channel before switching to it. I couldn't find anywhere in the new menus where that option could be put back. Anyone?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just spoke to my dealer. They explained that AMB5 replaces the WMA5 campaign. WMA7 is the one that updates the charger, which they did do.
You (or your dealer) might have that backwards. If you haven't had WMA5 done, the PE update in AMB5 is now integrated into WMA5.

vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 RS, G550, EQS580+
Country flag
Just got mine back; all in all it took 3 actual work days. Overall it took a week and a half but primarily because I wanted to drop it off while I was out of town.

Almost all my settings were erased; I sat in the parking lot for 10-15 minutes going through re-doing my configs. My profile stayed at least, as well as things like bluetooth profiles. But Individual setting, NAV config, safety features were all reset. I lost of all of my SiriusXM favorites, although my radio favorites remained.. so that was odd.

Hoping these updates will fix some of the nagging annoyances like PCM not saving my parking distance warning volume (low).

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I had AMB5 done this past Friday. The advisor warned that it came up categorized as a "5" in terms of work required for my particular car, and could stretch into the weekend, but in the end it only took a half day. They also made some minor adjustments of some sort for my driver door rattle and I haven't heard it since, which is great. All preferences and presets were in place as before. When I had the WMA update done earlier this year I also didn't lose any settings - I wonder if they're doing something that helps retain them that other dealers are not?

I have had a soft brake pedal phenomenon at times, only occasionally and only at low speeds. I think it's only if I have regen turned on. It's like it suddenly gives way about halfway down, as described above like it realizes it needs to switch from regen to real brakes. However - I was encountering this before AMB5, so I don't think it is related. In practice I don't feel that it caused my actual stopping distance to be worse, just 'felt' like it might.

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
I dropped my car off Tuesday morning and it was ready for pick up the next morning. Received a Macan loaner. All went well with the software updates. A pleasant experience.

Last edited:

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I dropped mine off this morning at the dealer and was given a Macan loaner! I drove home (45 min) and about an hour later got the call to come and pick her up and all went smoothly! All my settings were exactly as I left her and she drove with no problems noticed! For me this was easy peasy! I asked if I was the norm and was told they tell everyone it will take all day because many do! Some cars except the update without any tweaking while others are like updating a Windows XP COMPUTER!
Sponsored